Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 3 - News & Notes - Jets at Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

I’ll put this here.
    This is good play calling by Shurmur. The Broncos show possible pass with 11 personnel, and run it against what I’d assume is nickel defense. Williams does the rest.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Ugh...

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Ugh...
    Good news is he hasn't played enough (after his rookie season) to make a difference. Our D will be fine.

the actual **** with all these injuries jesus christ
    Go Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Chubb will go under the knife. The training staff made the wrong call in trying to avoid an operation because the pain seemed to be inevitable. I haven't read the ranges yet, but hopefully back in 8 weeks.

6. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I see Chubb is hurt AGAIN....

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Chubb will go under the knife. The training staff made the wrong call in trying to avoid an operation because the pain seemed to be inevitable. I haven't read the ranges yet, but hopefully back in 8 weeks.
    Yup. They’re saying 6-8 weeks. Had some bone spurs cleaned out of his foot or ankle wherever that injury was
    Last edited by Strafen; 09-21-2021 at 11:42 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

I just watched most of the jets-pats game, and there is nothing to fear on Sunday. The difference in coaching staffs between the two is obvious, and there is no reason our experienced coaches can’t take advantage of an erratic rookie QB and rookie OC and HC. It also helps we have superior talent at most positions, but especially QB, WR, and the defense. I like Salah, but he has a way to go with this team.

If we don’t get MINIMUM 2 TO’s, something is wrong. The jets OC, Mike Lafleur, makes Scangerello look like Kyle Shanahan. What in the world was he thinking having Wilson throw the ball downfield so much? In double & triple coverage? The thing is they were running the ball somewhat effectively, but abandoned it way too early even though they were in the game through out the 1st half. The defense doesn’t look horrible, but they got zero help from the offense, so hard to tell. They were at home, and Wilson threw 4 picks, 3 in the 1st half, including 2 ints on his first two throws.

In contrast, Joshy McDouche played it conservative with his rookie with the typical dink & dunk (easy throws) that the pats are known for. Their running game had some success that helped out Mac Jones tremendously. He did nothing flashy, but didn’t have to because he let his defense put him in a good situation. All he had to do is not screw it up.

I’m not comparing our coaching staff to Belicheat and company, but I think we have real good coaches everywhere except ST’s. This defense should have a field day against Wilson, and TBW should manage the offense to 30+ points. SHOULD. We’ll see.
    Last edited by R8R H8R; 09-21-2021 at 11:22 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

We won’t need Josey Jewell this Sunday, but we’ll miss him against the Ravens and beyond. This game against the jets will be a good one for Strnad to learn from and grow.

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    I just watched most of the jets-pats game, and there is nothing to fear on Sunday. The difference in coaching staffs between the two is obvious, and there is no reason our experienced coaches can’t take advantage of an erratic rookie QB and rookie OC and HC. It also helps we have superior talent at most positions, but especially QB, WR, and the defense. I like Salah, but he has a way to go with this team.

If we don’t get MINIMUM 2 TO’s, something is wrong. The jets OC, Mike Lafleur, makes Scangerello look like Kyle Shanahan. What in the world was he thinking having Wilson throw the ball downfield so much? In double & triple coverage? The thing is they were running the ball somewhat effectively, but abandoned it way too early even though they were in the game through out the 1st half. The defense doesn’t look horrible, but they got zero help from the offense, so hard to tell. They were at home, and Wilson threw 4 picks, 3 in the 1st half, including 2 ints on his first two throws.

In contrast, Joshy McDouche played it conservative with his rookie with the typical dink & dunk (easy throws) that the pats are known for. Their running game had some success that helped out Mac Jones tremendously. He did nothing flashy, but didn’t have to because he let his defense put him in a good situation. All he had to do is not screw it up.

I’m not comparing our coaching staff to Belicheat and company, but I think we have real good coaches everywhere except ST’s. This defense should have a field day against Wilson, and TBW should manage the offense to 30+ points. SHOULD. We’ll see.
    Fangio's made a living feeding off rookie QB's. He will throw him a wrench or two this Sunday that will sure confuse the young quarterback

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Last edited by R8R H8R; 09-22-2021 at 09:37 AM.

13. The Following User High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

That guy must be happy. Getting 10k a month (or whatever it is) to 600k fully guaranteed, and an active roster!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    That guy must be happy. Getting 10k a month (or whatever it is) to 600k fully guaranteed, and an active roster!
    He was making about $16k a week, now makes about $40k a week. It was smart of his agent to insist a fully guaranteed salary increase. He’s pretty much guaranteed to be on the roster for the rest of the season as long as stays healthy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

He was making about $16k a week, now makes about $40k a week. It was smart of his agent to insist a fully guaranteed salary increase. He’s pretty much guaranteed to be on the roster for the rest of the season as long as stays healthy.
    Can’t delete this duplicate post for some reason.

Can’t delete this duplicate post for some reason.
    Done.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

18. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information