Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Week 3 - News & Notes - Jets at Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Why should anyone care that they mismanaged their money? Why is that even a concern or a reason to honor the right of first refusal to an elderly old lady who wasn’t the owner and whose husband sold the team 40 years ago? Obviously if the Kaiser family was only worth 260K at the time of his death, he can’t match an offer for the team if sold. Sure, ask the wife if she can pony up the $4 billion for the team… no? Then why is this in court?
    Probably because if they were a partial owner they'd have say, rights, voting power in whom the team is sold, when, etc. They dontnwant that hanging over their heads. So get rid of them so that they can move forward cleanly.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Why should anyone care that they mismanaged their money? Why is that even a concern or a reason to honor the right of first refusal to an elderly old lady who wasn’t the owner and whose husband sold the team 40 years ago? Obviously if the Kaiser family was only worth 260K at the time of his death, he can’t match an offer for the team if sold. Sure, ask the wife if she can pony up the $4 billion for the team… no? Then why is this in court?
    Because I could buy her off and end around anyone if I wanted to do so and had 4 billion to spend on it. That means the original suitor has a lack of confidence built into the deal unless the clause is removed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    It’s possible in the 1st half. They have a decent defense; it’s certainly not trash. In fact, their defense reminds me of the giants defense…respectable, and can give you problems if you let them.

But the offense, oh my. The rookie OC is letting his rookie prize QB let it rip, and that’s the problem. I don’t expect them to fix all their problems on offense in 1 week, so I fully expect our defense to make adjustments and get more TO’s. If our offense can just get a 10 pt lead at some point, the jets offense will panic, and that’s when we will have them.

That’s the theory, anyway.
    I stand corrected. Broncos playing hard, and Jets proving they’re not a very good team.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information