Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Jaguars 09/19/21

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck
    @TroyRenck
    ·
    35m
    Talking to source, fear is Josey Jewell has torn pec muscle as @RapSheet
    said. If it is torn — he was hurt on special teams tackle —he will be lost for season. He was off to great start, causing fumble and delivering multiple tackles for loss in first two weeks #Denver7 #Broncos

Troy Renck
    @TroyRenck
    ·
    48m
    If Jewell, as feared, is sidelined indefinitely, #Broncos need Baron Browning to step up. Third round pick played special teams on Sunday. But he would be counted on, too. #Broncos will be w/o at least 4 starters — Jewell, Darby, Chubb, Jeudy and possibly 5 in Glasgow #Denver7

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Shit, Jewell was really looking good the first two games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Encouraging about Muti. Good problem to have some depth there.

5. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Hmm, I noticed javonte on that list with Gordon nowhere to be seen. Interesting huh, UR?

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gyldenlove View Post
    Shit, Jewell was really looking good the first two games.
    Injuries suck.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

Encouraging about Muti. Good problem to have some depth there.
    I have never understood their ratings. Muti gave up the 2nd sack of TBW, and I believe the 3rd as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    I have never understood their ratings. Muti gave up the 2nd sack of TBW, and I believe the 3rd as well.
    I'll be honest that I am at times very dubious of their rankings... They had Matt Paradis as the best center in the league for a couple years running and I watched that guy get pushed into the backfield on virtually every play while anchoring one of the league's worst o-lines.

I also didn't think Muti passed the eye test the couple of times I watched him -- but it was a super limited sample, so I don't put any stock in that.

11. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'll be honest that I am at times very dubious of their rankings... They had Matt Paradis as the best center in the league for a couple years running and I watched that guy get pushed into the backfield on virtually every play while anchoring one of the league's worst o-lines.

I also didn't think Muti passed the eye test the couple of times I watched him -- but it was a super limited sample, so I don't put any stock in that.
    I thought he got better as the game went on. That sack was pretty ugly, he just got bull rushed and ole’d.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    PFF ratings are hit or miss….. but Muti has a lot of upside and should get better and better the more experienced he gets.

I love Muti. He still needs to learn more about the sytem and will make those mistakes, but as Mo said he got better as the game went along.

I guess Wave. I think the last drive Javonte got another 10ish yards. I think both RBs were about the same. Really disappointed neither broke the 100 yard mark. I expected both to eclipse it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I love Muti. He still needs to learn more about the sytem and will make those mistakes, but as Mo said he got better as the game went along.

I guess Wave. I think the last drive Javonte got another 10ish yards. I think both RBs were about the same. Really disappointed neither broke the 100 yard mark. I expected both to eclipse it.
    Also, you were being pretty disingenuous in the game thread when you said they had the same number of yards. Total yards, yes, but Williams had twice as many rushing yards on the exact same number of carries. Yes that means Gordon was better in the passing game, but Williams ran the ball way better yesterday.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Also, you were being pretty disingenuous in the game thread when you said they had the same number of yards. Total yards, yes, but Williams had twice as many rushing yards on the exact same number of carries. Yes that means Gordon was better in the passing game, but Williams ran the ball way better yesterday.
    At some point the Gordon hate has gone too far even for me. Yes, we overpaid for him. Yes, it's kind of silly to sign veteran RBs when they are so easy to acquire through other means... But he is a solid NFL RB when he's not fumbling. Not great, but solid - I think we should call this one a draw and stand down.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

At some point the Gordon hate has gone too far even for me. Yes, we overpaid for him. Yes, it's kind of silly to sign veteran RBs when they are so easy to acquire through other means... But he is a solid NFL RB when he's not fumbling. Not great, but solid - I think we should call this one a draw and stand down.
    I don't hate him. I think he's a fine rotational guy, but Williams has looked clearly like the more talented runner to me through two games. Once he gets more comfortable in the passing game, he needs to be getting the majority of the touches.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I don't hate him. I think he's a fine rotational guy, but Williams has looked clearly like the more talented runner to me through two games. Once he gets more comfortable in the passing game, he needs to be getting the majority of the touches.
    I am liking that we have 2 interchangeable and well rounded RBs. I still have love for Lindsay, but his size and durability made him a liability at times. I'm still high on Mike Boone too - when he gets healthy it might be one of our deepest positions. (Fingers crossed).

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information