Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Jaguars 09/19/21

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I am liking that we have 2 interchangeable and well rounded RBs. I still have love for Lindsay, but his size and durability made him a liability at times. I'm still high on Mike Boone too - when he gets healthy it might be one of our deepest positions. (Fingers crossed).
    I'm definitely excited to see what Boone can do. And by the end of the season we'll probably need him. Just based on probability and the nature of the position, one of the two running backs will probably get hurt at some point and miss games, and we'll need a dynamic guy to be able to come in and enter the rotation.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Also, you were being pretty disingenuous in the game thread when you said they had the same number of yards. Total yards, yes, but Williams had twice as many rushing yards on the exact same number of carries. Yes that means Gordon was better in the passing game, but Williams ran the ball way better yesterday.
    Oh do you think that the browns say that Chubbs yards only count as he runs it and that Kareem hunts dont count?

Does Mcaffrey yards not count because he catches it? Dude, back off on this one. There was nothing. I said yards. Their yards were about the same. YOu cannot create an argument on this one. Should you try it would be a losing argument.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

I am liking that we have 2 interchangeable and well rounded RBs. I still have love for Lindsay, but his size and durability made him a liability at times. I'm still high on Mike Boone too - when he gets healthy it might be one of our deepest positions. (Fingers crossed).
    This is me exactly!

I love our RBs!!! I am excited to see Boone get some also. I wish we still had Lindsay. He was no where the RB Gordon is. He never will be.

Sadly I will have to troll MO until he admits it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Oh do you think that the browns say that Chubbs yards only count as he runs it and that Kareem hunts dont count?

Does Mcaffrey yards not count because he catches it? Dude, back off on this one. There was nothing. I said yards. Their yards were about the same. YOu cannot create an argument on this one. Should you try it would be a losing argument.
    PS. I am a HUGE Javonte Fan. Love him. I am one of the few that called we would trade up for him.
    So you trying to paint me into a Melvin VS Javonte corner is also not going to work. I just stand up for Gordon because he is a really good back and gets a lot of hate either because butt hurt fans of Lindsay or because he has 1 more fumble than the rest of the top RB group.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

64 to 31 is about the same?

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Fangio said both the Giants and Jags were stacking the box - basically daring Teddy to beat them. Wondering if teams are gonna start to gameplan differently -- which in theory would open things up for the RBs to get going a bit more...

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

thats what they did to tebow lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Chad Brown said today that he saw at least 4 or 5 running plays that got blew up yesterday that is directly attributable to Fant. It’s not always the OLine.

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    Chad Brown said today that he saw at least 4 or 5 running plays that got blew up yesterday that is directly attributable to Fant. It’s not always the OLine.
    Well we know fant can’t run block all that well. He has to improve

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    64 to 31 is about the same?
    And you receive a FAIL!
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

And you receive a FAIL!
    Sorry - I guess you're including their receiving yards?

A running back runs. WR's catch.

Poor Joe. I will be nice

This Game 13 64 4.9 0 16 1 10 10.0 = 74
    vs JAC 13 31 2.4 0 8 2 38 19.0 = 69
    .......attempts....rush...avg..................... ..receiving yards

They are within 5 yards of each other. As I have stated multiple times now. Have a nice day
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

The Javonte vs Melvin argument is just dumb. Neither is the #1 RB right now. They split time to stay fresh. I’d take one over the other depending on the situation. Both are great all-around backs.

If it’s 4th and one and I need to get a first to ice a game, I probably use Javonte because he’s a little more of a bruiser and hard to bring down. If it’s 4th and 5 and we need to throw for a first on a potential game winning drive, I take Melvin 100 times out of 100 because of his pass protection abilities and hands/route running in the passing game. 1st and 10 on the opening drive? Push.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 09-20-2021 at 05:40 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

17. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Sorry - I guess you're including their receiving yards?

A running back runs. WR's catch.
    Go tell that to christain mac, Alvin Kamara, kareem hunt, darren sproles, Austin Eckler, Nyman Heines, Najee harris, Melvin Gordon, zeke, cam akers, saquon barkley, dalvin cook, antonio gibson, James white, JD Mckissick, Tarik Cohen, Gio Bernard, Leanord Fornette, Chase Edmunds, JK Dobbins, Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift, Tony pollard, and so on and so on.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Fangio said both the Giants and Jags were stacking the box - basically daring Teddy to beat them. Wondering if teams are gonna start to gameplan differently -- which in theory would open things up for the RBs to get going a bit more...

This makes sense because I could not believe we did not run all over them. I think you are right. Once teams stop daring Theodore to beat them, because he will, theyll stop loading the box and things might open up more. I have to admit I am still concerned about the run game. I was quite certain it would be a lot lot LOT better than what it is, but hey we are 2 games in. Plenty of time to polish things up.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information