Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Week 2 - News & Notes - Broncos at Jaguars

Darren McKee Retweeted
    Ryan O'Halloran
    @ryanohalloran
    ·
    5h
    #Jaguars declining to make Urban available to esteemed #Broncos media this week via conference call.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Darren McKee Retweeted
    Ryan O'Halloran
    @ryanohalloran
    ·
    5h
    #Jaguars declining to make Urban available to esteemed #Broncos media this week via conference call.
    Huh, is that normal? I don't seem to recall a time where the opposing HC wasn't available for a media conference call.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Urban Meyer, Jaguars break courtesy tradition for Broncos media

Urban Meyer declined to participate in a media-friendly tradition, and that has some reporters in Denver upset.

Many head coaches will participate in a conference call with the media members who cover their upcoming opponent’s football team. It’s a nice courtesy that allows those reporters a chance to ask some questions and create more content for fans ahead of the week’s game.

The conference-call tradition used to be a requirement, but the NFL made it non-mandatory this season. This week, the Jacksonville Jaguars declined to make Meyer available to Broncos reporters ahead of the Week 2 game between the teams.
    rest - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...dia/ar-AAOrSEC

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Interesting, so it used to be a requirement but no longer is. Can't fault him for it if it's not a requirement, especially if it's a requirement that was recently rescinded as I'm sure there was reasoning behind getting rid of it.

I don't like it, but that's his choice. Anyone thing Bill Bellicheat will do these conferences now that he doesn;t have to? I wonder if Vic will do a call with Jacksonville media members.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Urban Meyer reportedly raising ‘red flags,’ lashing out with Jacksonville Jaguars

Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Urban Meyer arrived in the NFL expecting to create a winning culture early on. Through his first few months on the job, it seems there are more losses and signs of trouble than any steps toward a positive future.

Jaguars owner Shad Khan reportedly sought Meyer as the team’s next coach long before he even fired Doug Marrone. The college football legend lacked NFL experience, but Khan believed he would implement a culture that would turn the franchise around.

Things immediately got off to a rough start. Allowed to assemble his coaching staff, Meyer hired longtime friend Chris Doyle. Doyle, who was let go by Iowa after multiple claims of his racism towards student-athletes, resigned a day later after Meyer faced immediate criticism for the hire.

Other issues persisted during the summer, putting the Jaguars under the spotlight. Many saw that as coming with the territory when hiring Meyer, a justifiable cost for a winning team. But the Jaguars went 1-2 in the preseason, and according to CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora, there are real signs of trouble.
    rest - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ars/ar-AAOqXCq

Probably best he does not do the media conference call

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

rest - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ars/ar-AAOqXCq

Probably best he does not do the media conference call
    Oof, sounds like you're probably right. Although he might get softball questions from Denver reporters asking about players, the game itself, etc. I think his issues with reporters would be the hometown ones giving him the business.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

**** urban Myers! And also majority of the Denver media so I can’t blame
    Him for not wanting to talk to a bunch of clowns in the Denver media who don’t know a thing about anything.

Let’s just go out and kick the jags ass and move on! I hope this isn’t one of those trap games though because we tend to have bad juju when it comes to playing the Jaguars for some reason. We must come out and jump out ahead on them early, don’t give them any type of hope! Even though Lawrence is a rookie and looks like he’ll turn the ball over he’s Uber talented and will eventually figure things out.

Pounce on there ass early and then crank up the run game to put them away.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I figured Urban Myer would struggle as an NFL coach like so many hotshot, enormous ego college coaches have before him, but just because his team, who was the worst team in the league last year, lost their first game really doesn’t mean anything. The Ravens completely destroyed the Browns week one last year. Like by 20 something points, and Kevin Stefanski still ended up as coach of the year.

He’s got a couple weeks to figure out how to deal with his staff and players before stuff really collapses for him and he either quits, or is fired for cause. Of course, winning is the best remedy to what ails you. This is 100% trap game for us. East coast early start, rookie QB we don’t have tape on, coming off a big win where we looked really good on both sides of the ball… yeah I’m kinda worried about this week. This is the week that we can’t seem to catch the ball, have a lot of inexplicable fumbles, play poorly on STs, watch the pass rush get no pressure vs a bad Oline, etc. Knock on wood it doesn’t happen.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I figured Urban Myer would struggle as an NFL coach like so many hotshot, enormous ego college coaches have before him, but just because his team, who was the worst team in the league last year, lost their first game really doesn’t mean anything. The Ravens completely destroyed the Browns week one last year. Like by 20 something points, and Kevin Stefanski still ended up as coach of the year.

He’s got a couple weeks to figure out how to deal with his staff and players before stuff really collapses for him and he either quits, or is fired for cause. Of course, winning is the best remedy to what ails you. This is 100% trap game for us. East coast early start, rookie QB we don’t have tape on, coming off a big win where we looked really good on both sides of the ball… yeah I’m kinda worried about this week. This is the week that we can’t seem to catch the ball, have a lot of inexplicable fumbles, play poorly on STs, watch the pass rush get no pressure vs a bad Oline, etc. Knock on wood it doesn’t happen.
    Naw man. We are good. Their run d and pass d BLOW.

I fully expect both Javonte and Gordon to run for over 100 yards a piece. We should be able to run right over them all. game. long. The trap game will be the steelers.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Great week to make 12/13 personnel the predominate package on Sunday.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Meyer was afraid the media would ask him about losing to Oregon.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

12 has been my favorite type of Offense to run for a long long time now! We have done well out of it. A team like ours imo makes the 12 nearly impossible to defend.

When we have backs like we do that can run, plow the road, and catch the LBs MUST play up for threat of the run.

Then they have no idea if the TE is going to stay inline and block or release for a catch. Think Gronk and Brady on Td play 1st game of the season. The LBs are then slower to get into their drops as well.

because of this we can easily use rub routes and gash the defense down the seams.

This also allows the RB to flex out and have huge lanes for a quick dump pass because the WR has cleared the S and CB and the TE has cleared the LB who has either been getting beaten by the pass or gashed in the run.

Once that starts working, we can run out of that formation. The LBs are so far off that we should be able to run for 5+ a clip. Visa versa for pass.

Our WR are too good for them to bracket and our TE are too good and too big for them to leave 1v1. If we ever line up 5wide with a RB and then motion back into 12 the D will give away what they are doing. I have been saying for years this is my favorite offense because if you have good TE and WR and a RB that can run or catch it is so hard to defend. We have that type of talent to do it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

The big boys upfront getting it done. Fully expect that James, Purcell, etc will continue it this week also.

19. The Following User High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    The big boys upfront getting it done. Fully expect that James, Purcell, etc will continue it this week also.
    3...Impressive, most impressive.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

There is some rumblings about the disappointment in the running game effectiveness until the Gordon long break away late in the game. Here are my thoughts about that:

All of the Giants defense is really underrated, esp their front 4 & complex secondary. Fangio said after the game, and again Monday or today, that the Giants schemed their game plan around stopping the run, and make Teddy beat them. And Teddy beat them good.

The proof in what Fangio said is how well the “play action pass” was working even though the RB’s were only averaging about 3 yds a carry until Gordon’s breakaway run when the D was tired.

Kudos to Shurmur for a brilliant game plan against it, and sticking with the run even though to the average fan thought the running game was subpar. As Stink said in the broadcast, all those 2-4 yd runs have a purpose and set up the PAP and Gordon’s run later.

If the Jag Wads try the same philosophy, the Broncos may score 40 because they don’t have anywhere near the ability to stop it like the Giants do. As long as TBW can continue to make them pay for loading up on the run like he did Sunday against a much better defense, then ALL teams will have to start to respect the pass or they will die. Pick your poison.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information