Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 61 to 73 of 73

Thread: Week 2 - News & Notes - Broncos at Jaguars

  1. #61

    Default

    bad draft pick..should have selected Allen instead of Chubb

  2. The Following 2 Users High Fived go_broncos143 For This Post:


  3. #62

    Default

    Chubb was the right pick, Allen wouldn’t have been successful here.

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    dalton risner
    Posts
    38,888

    Default

    looks like jewell is out for the year with a torn pec. . .


    https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...ll-injury-2021
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  5. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  6. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Tim Patrick
    Posts
    11,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    looks like jewell is out for the year with a torn pec. . .


    https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...ll-injury-2021
    We’ll, I guess everyone who called Jewell a bum for the last 3 years gets what they want. Let’s see how Strnad and Browning do…


    “Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

  7. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    We’ll, I guess everyone who called Jewell a bum for the last 3 years gets what they want. Let’s see how Strnad and Browning do…
    How will they ever replace a small LB that runs a 4.85?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

  8. The Following User High Fived Jaded For This Post:


  9. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by go_broncos143 View Post
    bad draft pick..should have selected Allen instead of Chubb
    Don’t look now but Allen looks more 2019 than he does 2020.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

  10. The Following User High Fived Jaded For This Post:


  11. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    27,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Chubb was the right pick, Allen wouldn’t have been successful here.
    Quenton Nelson was the right pick, because he makes Dalton Risner superfluous and they don’t have to trade up for Lock … but, what they do with two picks in the in the 3rd is still very much questionable.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

  12. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Quenton Nelson was the right pick, because he makes Dalton Risner superfluous and they don’t have to trade up for Lock … but, what they do with two picks in the in the 3rd is still very much questionable.
    I don’t know Jaded we ended up pretty good at guard.

  13. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Big Cok Lock
    Posts
    52,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    How will they ever replace a small LB that runs a 4.85?
    Don’t hate the slow white man.

    Save that hate for Chris Harris.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

  14. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Fields
    Posts
    497

    Default

    It's always a mistake when you are a QB needy team that passes on a QB you have rated that high. Paxil scared Elway off Allen IMO.

    Bad news about Jewell though. He was playing well.

  15. #71
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    79,140

    Default

    I didnt think Allen was going to be good either so i would understand Paxil's concern not to mention im not even sure if Denver would have the patience with Allen considering how we are not very good at developing young QB's anyway.

  16. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:


  17. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed
    Posts
    8,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    It's always a mistake when you are a QB needy team that passes on a QB you have rated that high. Paxil scared Elway off Allen IMO.

    Bad news about Jewell though. He was playing well.

    I do believe that was a variable for sure. Chubb was a luxury pick, we should have gone QB, hindsight is 20/20. Now we have to hope Teddy has his best year ever and has one of the greatest comeback story in sports.
    2021 Broncos Lets Go!

  18. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed
    Posts
    8,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I didnt think Allen was going to be good either so i would understand Paxil's concern not to mention im not even sure if Denver would have the patience with Allen considering how we are not very good at developing young QB's anyway.
    He needed Development in big ways, it wouldn't and couldn't happen in Denver so your correct he probably wasn't the right pick for us at the time for various reasons to include the coaching staff.
    2021 Broncos Lets Go!

  19. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Week 1 News & Notes - Broncos v Giants
    By Buff in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-14-2021, 08:11 PM
  2. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 09-28-2019, 08:46 PM
  3. Replies: 89
    Last Post: 12-05-2016, 08:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group