Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Week 2 - News & Notes - Broncos at Jaguars

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    I agree. Again, if the run was mediocre like some are saying, then the play action pass would have been a disaster. But it was there and Teddy took advantage.

The difference between last week and this week is that I believe the Broncos will actually dominate on the ground. If I’m right, then the team won’t need Teddy to be the hero like he was (imo) on Sunday.
    Teams know we want to run, We drafted Williams, Teams know this they prepared for it and until the final run we sucked most of the day on most runs. We allowed pressure up the middle and outside and guys on the OL were getting beat. We converted our 4th and 3rd down chances because we made plays there in the air, but we wouldn't of had to even do that as much had our run game been effective. It was present so the giants respected it, but it wasn't good. We won because teddy beat the giants on 3rd and 4th down. That's not sustainable over the course of the season and our very avg run game from week 1 and OL performance has to be better.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    Traditionally, the OL tends to get better as the season goes on...
    The Denver broncos and the OL last year didn't get that memo. At least this year we seem to have a competent RT though, so personally I think that our OL is above avg outside but we have problems inside, and I don't think just playing 17 games will be what fixes it either

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    Its why he is a defensive genius, and why TB copied what he did to Mahomes and KC last year for the SB. If he starts to get it this year as a HC finally, that would be nice to see as well......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

They really should sit Chubb. Give that ankle another week.

7. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah no sense in pushing him this week. Honestly I'd just wait to the Baltimore game at this point. If he's the difference in winning or losing either of the next two, we have bigger problems anyway.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Its why he is a defensive genius, and why TB copied what he did to Mahomes and KC last year for the SB. If he starts to get it this year as a HC finally, that would be nice to see as well......
    That may be true, but what he was quoted as saying in the Tweet is standard operating procedure in today's NFL, rookies are just more susceptible to these tactics then 10+ year veterans. Vic may be better at doing then most, but its what they all try to do.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

What did Chubb do? Fall off the bench?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    What did Chubb do? Fall off the bench?
    Still recovering from the ankle injury he sustained at the end of last year. Sounded like he tweaked it again during camp maybe.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

He had a small surgery a bit before camp iirc. Nothing crazy, but they had to get in there.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

The Denver broncos and the OL last year didn't get that memo. At least this year we seem to have a competent RT though, so personally I think that our OL is above avg outside but we have problems inside, and I don't think just playing 17 games will be what fixes it either
    Last year we’ve shuffled people in and out of the OL and it’s tough to achieve cohesiveness. The OL is one of those units that the more they play the better they gel, usually soon after their third to their fifth game is when they start coming into their own.
    As far as the running game, is there like you’ve said, and it has been somewhat effective but I believe it will get to where it will be very effective, enough to keep opposing teams guessing...

Muti will start. Timmy was right!

He’s a good football coach. I think where he’s got lost was on game management, to be the guy on the sidelines wasn’t easy for him and it showed in the way he managed time outs. I see a lot of improvement this year.

Broncos (1-0) at Jaguars (0-1)

1 p.m. ET | CBS
    Matchup rating: 34.3 | Spread: DEN -6.0 (45.5)

What to watch for: The Jaguars' offensive tackles struggled last season, with Cam Robinson and Jawaan Taylor combining to allow 27 sacks, per ESPN Stats & Information research. The duo got off to a solid start against Houston, but this week will be significantly harder. Even if Bradley Chubb doesn't play or is limited, Von Miller will be hard to handle. Expect the Jaguars to keep tight end Chris Manhertz in to help the tackles. -- Mike DiRocco

Bold prediction: The Broncos' defense will have six combined sacks and turnovers. Denver won't load up on the blitzes against Jaguars rookie quarterback Trevor Lawrence, and while the Broncos certainly see Lawrence's obvious talents, he will face of a variety of four-man pressures backed by a variety of coverage looks from Vic Fangio's defense. And if the Broncos keep the Jaguars in difficult down-and-distance situations, Lawrence could have a tough time finding room to work. -- Jeff Legwold

Stat to know: Jacksonville, dating back to last season, is on the verge of losing 17 straight games, which would be tied for the fourth-longest losing streak since the merger in 1970. The Jags have allowed at least 20 points in each game of the skid.

Betting nugget: Teddy Bridgewater is 22-3 ATS on the road as a starter, but one of his rare losses against the spread came in Week 2 of last season at Tampa Bay, when he played for the Panthers.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-injuries-more

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information