Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Jeff Bezos buying the Broncos?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Another one - Report: Broncos reach out to Peyton Manning about ownership stake

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ake/ar-AAODHN4

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Another one - Report: Broncos reach out to Peyton Manning about ownership stake

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ake/ar-AAODHN4
    please...forget the stake, make him owner. he lives right by my sis, is raising his family here. lets go.

4. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

ok ok i got the perfect broncos ownership group.

Peyton and Elway co run it. Im the tiebreaker between them.

And we fund team thru Wall Street Bets and dispensaries. Native Roots Stadium lets go.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

The problem is, all the folks that the fans think would be cool owners don’t have anywhere near the $ to do it. Manning, Elway, Jay- Z, etc. none have the capital to front the 30% to be the controlling owner, not to mention the liquid assets to be able to pay out of pocket for signing bonuses, etc on funds not yet earned from team profits.

There’s a reason there aren’t a bunch of former players and celebs that own sports teams. They’re rich, but they aren’t that rich. A guy like Bezos could easily afford to be an owner but who knows what kind of owner he’d be? I know that someone like Robert F. Smith (the Colorado native and billionaire, not the frontman for The Cure) would be an interesting owner. He could easily partner with guys like Manning and Elway and make a push. I think he’d potentially be a great owner.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Shame, but it will probably be for the best. I was hoping the other kids would come in line, but the fact is they will each get a huge sum of money from the sale, while when it comes to operating the club as is, the income probably isn't all that great being the small market they are.

If you were to believe Ted Sundquist, who was doing some blogging post his GM career, he talked about how the Broncos were cash poor. Would have to time their contracts and signing bonuses around the season ticket revenue, and that for the Broncos, it was less about cap and more about cash. So, I'm not sure how much actual profit the Broncos get, either from their share of the stadium partnership or the club. Let's just say it's $30 million. They wouldn't distribute all of it to the owners, some would likely be used to reinvest or keep cash surplus. But, let's assume all of it is distributed to the trust and the seven kids, that's $4 million a piece.

That's a crap load of money to us, but if the alternative is selling the club for 3-4 Billion, and divvying that up seven ways, you can see why it will be hard to get all seven to agree to keep running it vs. selling it.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Shame, but it will probably be for the best. I was hoping the other kids would come in line, but the fact is they will each get a huge sum of money from the sale, while when it comes to operating the club as is, the income probably isn't all that great being the small market they are.

If you were to believe Ted Sundquist, who was doing some blogging post his GM career, he talked about how the Broncos were cash poor. Would have to time their contracts and signing bonuses around the season ticket revenue, and that for the Broncos, it was less about cap and more about cash. So, I'm not sure how much actual profit the Broncos get, either from their share of the stadium partnership or the club. Let's just say it's $30 million. They wouldn't distribute all of it to the owners, some would likely be used to reinvest or keep cash surplus. But, let's assume all of it is distributed to the trust and the seven kids, that's $4 million a piece.

That's a crap load of money to us, but if the alternative is selling the club for 3-4 Billion, and divvying that up seven ways, you can see why it will be hard to get all seven to agree to keep running it vs. selling it.
    The Bowlens don’t have the capital to compete, they’re basically between the Jones/Kreonke’s and the Green Bay/Mike Browns of the NFL owners.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    The problem is, all the folks that the fans think would be cool owners don’t have anywhere near the $ to do it. Manning, Elway, Jay- Z, etc. none have the capital to front the 30% to be the controlling owner, not to mention the liquid assets to be able to pay out of pocket for signing bonuses, etc on funds not yet earned from team profits.

There’s a reason there aren’t a bunch of former players and celebs that own sports teams. They’re rich, but they aren’t that rich. A guy like Bezos could easily afford to be an owner but who knows what kind of owner he’d be? I know that someone like Robert F. Smith (the Colorado native and billionaire, not the frontman for The Cure) would be an interesting owner. He could easily partner with guys like Manning and Elway and make a push. I think he’d potentially be a great owner.
    Smith has issues that you/me could not care less about but it’s something too many other people probably do care about.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    please...forget the stake, make him owner. he lives right by my sis, is raising his family here. lets go.
    Your sister is that rich? Hook a brotha up!
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information