Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bradley Chubb Detained

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Clutch those pearls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I had to go to court over a ticket I paid late in west Virginia. They were nice enough to tell Pennsylvania about my outstanding debt, but not about the payment. Awesome folks. Got to leave my car on a bridge because my license was suspended without my knowledge

3. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rod Smith

Horse **** Locked and Loaded!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Allen was a massive question mark and a lot of people were turned off by him. Chubb had one of the best years a rookie ever had, period and is one of the better defensive players in the league. He is also snakebitten with injuries. How many times have we seen the big talented but raw QB bust? Kudos to Buffalo for getting it right and banking on Allen's physicals to keep him afloat while his admittedly high intellect caught up with the NFL game. With that being said, odds and logic sided with Denver's decision.

7. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Allen was a massive question mark and a lot of people were turned off by him. Chubb had one of the best years a rookie ever had, period and is one of the better defensive players in the league. He is also snakebitten with injuries. How many times have we seen the big talented but raw QB bust? Kudos to Buffalo for getting it right and banking on Allen's physicals to keep him afloat while his admittedly high intellect caught up with the NFL game. With that being said, odds and logic sided with Denver's decision.
    it was the right pick, and you know how much i love me some quentin nelson. . . buffalo deserves all the credit in the world for the way they've developed allen, and allen himself for the work he's put in. . . in three years, he went from a guy running zone reads and RPOs to a guy playing shotgun, 4-wide sets on 1st down in the playoffs. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    it was the right pick, and you know how much i love me some quentin nelson. . . buffalo deserves all the credit in the world for the way they've developed allen, and allen himself for the work he's put in. . . in three years, he went from a guy running zone reads and RPOs to a guy playing shotgun, 4-wide sets on 1st down in the playoffs. . .
    Nelson is a beast. But guards don't win games, even great ones. When Indy has to pay a LG some LT money and the roster construction is shit, he'll become an anchor. It's economics. To your point, though, Nelson is probably the best LG in the game and a top ten minimum 'pound for pound' player in the league. I'd never take a guard over a pass rusher if the pass rusher is even close to him. But I'm also just a dude, so ignore me.

Buffalo decided they'd sink every resource into him. Allen was awful as a rookie. His production as a sophomore was weird. Year three he was a god. Year Four will be the biggest test.

I don't deny anyone who wanted him their due. But odds are odds.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Nelson is a beast. But guards don't win games, even great ones. When Indy has to pay a LG some LT money and the roster construction is shit, he'll become an anchor. It's economics. To your point, though, Nelson is probably the best LG in the game and a top ten minimum 'pound for pound' player in the league. I'd never take a guard over a pass rusher if the pass rusher is even close to him. But I'm also just a dude, so ignore me.

Buffalo decided they'd sink every resource into him. Allen was awful as a rookie. His production as a sophomore was weird. Year three he was a god. Year Four will be the biggest test.

I don't deny anyone who wanted him their due. But odds are odds.
    Having an elite guard can absolutely put you over the top in the run game though.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information