Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Howell

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I will be honest after further review I'm kind of tired of the whole 22 class sucks narrative. There isn't a so called cant miss elite T. Lawrence at the moment, but there are 4 guys that could be really damn good football players if developed. I see really good tools in guys like Corral, Ridder, Pickett and Willis. They all have some different flaws, but overall the NFL skillset is pretty strong in all 4 of them. Regardless all 4 of them need a new good staff to work with in Denver, the current one isn't it. Only way our team gets better with the current staff is Rodgers, cause he wont listen to their dumbass play calls anyway, and he knows all about shitty OL play

I personally expect all 4 mentioned to go in rd. 1, with Corral and Willis being the top 2 going in the first 10 picks. However Ridder and Pickett have played very well and if ridder brings his team to the CFP and does well, he could leapfrog Willis in the top 10. I don't care what happens we need 1 of these guys. We can argue about who is best come draft day, but one of these guys needs to end up in Denver with a new staff.

I also think Daniels, Glass and Rattler should go back to school in 2022, and rattler should transfer, could really rebound his stock for the next class.
    Love ya. But it sucks.

2. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Love ya. But it sucks.
    It’s not as good as last year but it’s not the worst we seen…..

Corral and Willis both have Franchise potential. Pickett is making a beast case he can play as well. Question marks yes but all 3 have been playing pretty damn well and have very good nfl skill sets.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

This class is better then the 2016 class imo….

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Corral and Willis both have Franchise potential. Pickett is making a beast case he can play as well. Question marks yes but all 3 have been playing pretty damn well and have very good nfl skill sets.
    There are some I could get behind and we all know scouting is inexact, but there is definitely gonna have to be some dice rolling with this group.

7. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Listening to Daniel Jeremiah on a pod, he said that even last year when people were hyping Rattler as the top pick, he didn't see it. He thought his celing as an NFL player was Jeff Garcia, and that's before any games this year were played. Ouch.

And he's still saying this is a bad QB class and he doesn't see star potential in any of the top guys. Pretty bleak outlook on these guys from him.
    I disagree with DJ in the arm strength comparison, I think most experts would too.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    There are some I could get behind and we all know scouting is inexact, but there is definitely gonna have to be some dice rolling with this group.
    oh for sure, and the staff they go to will also be key, if you take a young guy like any of the top 3 forecasted and force him into a offense like shurmur runs the top 3 are f'ed regardless......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

10. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Now in mocks yes, then no if especially if they keep it up performance wise its going to be a battle for them mid 1st to late 1st to early 2nd. Might require some ammo to move back into rd 1. A 2nd rd pick for Tim Patrick would help maybe that 4th or 5th for Kyle fuller being rumored as well lol
    IMO, this will likely be our best case scenario. . . try to land a legit blue chip position player with our (likely top 12-ish) natural 1st, then trade back into the tail end of the round for a QB. . . gotta find someone who can actually develop said Qb first, though. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

12. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Impressive win by NC today over WF. Not sure it really elevates Howell all that much though.

14. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    Impressive win by NC today over WF. Not sure it really elevates Howell all that much though.
    It doesnt, Wake's defense is just really bad.

Howell plays like Tebow lately….. dude just drops back and runs the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    It doesnt, Wake's defense is just really bad.
    True, up until its victory over NC State on Saturday. That was actually more a defensive effort than a result of the offense balling out. We'll see how they fare against Clemson and BC the next two weeks. Go Deacs!

#SamHartman in 2023

18. The Following User High Fived NCBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by NCBronco View Post
    True, up until its victory over NC State on Saturday. That was actually more a defensive effort than a result of the offense balling out. We'll see how they fare against Clemson and BC the next two weeks. Go Deacs!

#SamHartman in 2023
    I have a soft spot for WF going back to the 90's when Randolph Childress and Tim Duncan were there. Loved watching those guys play together and have always rooted for them on the back burner to succeed in college football. Im glad they are playing well this year but that defense is scary bad unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I have a soft spot for WF going back to the 90's when Randolph Childress and Tim Duncan were there. Loved watching those guys play together and have always rooted for them on the back burner to succeed in college football. Im glad they are playing well this year but that defense is scary bad unfortunately.
    I was fortunate to be in school there during that era and got to see them play in person several times in the Joel Coliseum. Both great players and equally cool guys.

Unfortunately, Wake basketball eventually regressed, so its great that football is having a resurgence these days.

21. The Following User High Fived NCBronco For This Post:

22. Default

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I mean, none of the guys from this last class have blown the doors off anything yet either so if the class of 22 supposedly sucks than 21 hasnt really done much to claim to be top tier either. Ill say it again, when you have guys like Mahomes and Big Ben pretty much come out of the woodwork and become franchise guys what that really tells you is anything can happen with any class of QB's that comes out year in and year out. Things change whether good or bad at the pro level for QB's and sometimes the guys who are supposed to shine end up sucking and the guys who everyone scratches their head at end up becoming gods. There is no "great" or "bad" class in my opinion its just a matter of what team they go to and how they elevate their game once they get to the pros. For all we know the class of 22 could end up destroying the class of 21, we just dont know until it plays out.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information