Thread: 17th Game Neutral site ideas

Default 17th Game Neutral site ideas

I know I'm not the first person to think of this, but given the 17 game, unbalanced schedules now....I think the NFL could reach more fans and generate buzz (wich they love) by having teams play one of their 9 home games (in years they have 9) at a neutral site that helps promote the local team etc....

So for example....the Bronocs, being the rocky mountains region team of choice....perhaps hosts the Seahawks at Boise State stadium. Or Hosts some team in Salt Lake City...

KC could host the Vikings or someone like that in Lincoln, Nebraska (would give those poor cornhusker fans an actual good game to watch)

Maybe the cowboys could host the Texans at some west texas high school....friday night lights style.

Throw Hawaii a bone and let them host a game once a year.

You can use this as an international game too...I've hear the NFL is gearing up to do a few games in Germany.

Maybe Giants/Patriots at West Point.

Falcons/Jags in Athens?

Tons of possibilities. Thoughts?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I'm on the same page but I think there should be international games instead. Of course, last year COVID put a major dent in that but you can have everyone play at least one neutral site game with the "home" team always being the teams that got the extra home game.

For example:

6 games in Great Britain
    2 games in Mexico
    2 games in Canada
    2 games in Germany
    1 in Spain
    1 in Japan
    1 in Australia
    1 in Brazil

The games don't have to be interleague. This allows every team in the NFL to have the same number of true home games for tiebreaker purposes and every team to endure the same major hassles of playing games overseas during the season. I would also mandate that each team get their bye week right after their international game with Week 17 having no international games. You could even make the Thursday regular season opener be played in London or Tokyo to complete the international flavor of the event.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Until covid becomes normal for everyone (it will take another year at least) do not expect this to happen.

Im assumiing you are thinking like the baseball model where they played it in an open field or whatever. People like going back to their roots as young kids so it has potential. Id prefer they do it with philanthropy involved.

Maybe run a game somewhere that is poorer and all profits go to builing up the city or medical supplies or something...whatever. Show them more than just how cool football is and make money. Give back. Make it a big event. Would work. Would help. Would likely get the other Major sports to follow suit. In fact, this should happen now. One game, one event, one city, per year. Go in and Rock it. Make a special jersey teams wear (more money for NFL- people can bid on). So many ideas and ways to actually ******* help people and this planet.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

4. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

NFL Friday Night Lights would be really cool. HS stadiums, combined with what UR said above would be really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    NFL Friday Night Lights would be really cool. HS stadiums, combined with what UR said above would be really cool.
    Right. That would be cool. I would pay to go that. I likely would not unless the friday night lights was somewhere I really wanted to go. But if they made it a big charitable event, id pay to go every single year regardless of where it is. The worse the better imo.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information