Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Paton

Default Fire Paton

You Suck..

Drafted a CB in first round when there is a need to draft a QB.
    Now, we are stuck with TB and Lock.

Bad choice by Elway in hiring this idiot.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived go_broncos143 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Or if we're looking at it glass half full, we have some amazing CBs to shut down the tough QBs in our division, and a veteran game manager that hopefully will not take us out of games.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Or if we're looking at it glass half full, we have some amazing CBs to shut down the tough QBs in our division, and a veteran game manager that hopefully will not take us out of games.
    We wouldn't even be in any game with that bum at quarterback, bud...

6. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by go_broncos143 View Post
    You Suck..

I'm clearly NOT a Broncos fan...but I'm going to be the one who defends Paton's QB decisions. John Elway...on December 28th, 2020, publicly declared that Fangio and his entire staff would be retained for 2021.

LONG after giving Fangio and staff 2021, Elway announced he would be stepping down as GM, and hiring a new GM. He then interviewed some dudes and hired Paton....and again, Elway publicly declared, that A) Paton would not have control of hiring and firing staff untill 2022, and B) Elway would still hold final say on "major decisisons" until 2022.

As I have pointed out now, several times here, Paton signed a SIX year contract. Very few new GMs sign six year deals. The standard is 5. It is therefore easy to conclude that Paton got 6 years because his power is limited in 2021.

Ask yourself this....

If you were Paton..new six year deal in hand...and waiting to take full control for another year.....are you tying your career to Vic Fangio? Are you getting Vic Fangio a rookie QB drafted high in round 1 to develop? If you were another organization....and you had a new GM and needed a QB and were planning to draft one.....do you hire Vic Fangio as your teams HC?

NO. NO and NO.

Paton got a sixth year because he's going to spend all of 2021 eating turd sandwiches from the fans, who are ignorant of the teams own recent history and Elways self imposed sentence of another year of QB purgatory.

Paton didn't put you all in this situation. John Elway did on Dec 28th.

8. The Following User High Fived Zerovoltz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

High quality thread.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
    I'm clearly NOT a Broncos fan...but I'm going to be the one who defends Paton's QB decisions. John Elway...on December 28th, 2020, publicly declared that Fangio and his entire staff would be retained for 2021.

LONG after giving Fangio and staff 2021, Elway announced he would be stepping down as GM, and hiring a new GM. He then interviewed some dudes and hired Paton....and again, Elway publicly declared, that A) Paton would not have control of hiring and firing staff untill 2022, and B) Elway would still hold final say on "major decisisons" until 2022.

As I have pointed out now, several times here, Paton signed a SIX year contract. Very few new GMs sign six year deals. The standard is 5. It is therefore easy to conclude that Paton got 6 years because his power is limited in 2021.

Ask yourself this....

If you were Paton..new six year deal in hand...and waiting to take full control for another year.....are you tying your career to Vic Fangio? Are you getting Vic Fangio a rookie QB drafted high in round 1 to develop? If you were another organization....and you had a new GM and needed a QB and were planning to draft one.....do you hire Vic Fangio as your teams HC?

NO. NO and NO.

Paton got a sixth year because he's going to spend all of 2021 eating turd sandwiches from the fans, who are ignorant of the teams own recent history and Elways self imposed sentence of another year of QB purgatory.

I skipped to the end to find this … I’m mildly intrigued.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post

Ask yourself this....

NO. NO and NO.

Very interesting. Do you have a link to an article that states what you said? I am asking, as there is this:

From article dated 1/4/2021 -

John Elway Steps Down As Broncos General Manager

"As part of a transition I've thought about for a long time, I have made the decision to step up into an elevated role and hire a general manager to lead our personnel and football staff.

"While I'll continue to be President of Football Operations in 2021, the GM will have final say on the draft, free agency and our roster. This person will be empowered to make all football decisions, working in partnership with Vic.

"I will be there to support our GM and Vic, providing my perspective, helping with the big decisions and being a sounding board whenever needed. With all that goes into the day-to-day responsibilities of a GM and how the job has grown, this structure will set us up for success and allow me to focus on the big picture.
    full article - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...er/ar-BB1ct7TC

Paton was hired on Jan. 13, 2021

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Very interesting. Do you have a link to an article that states what you said? I am asking, as there is this:

From article dated 1/4/2021 -

full article - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...er/ar-BB1ct7TC

Paton was hired on Jan. 13, 2021

He’s just running his chiefs trap….. the only thing that was forced upon Paton was Vic Fangio.

16. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

18. The Following User High Fived Zerovoltz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Wow. Zerovoltz 1, Carol 0. Dang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

20. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

This from the Athletc on Jan 4....

https://theathletic.com/news/john-el...o/12flv5NoLvBZ

22. The Following User High Fived Zerovoltz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Carol, to be clear, my scoring is based on the fact that you did not directly address Zero's chief argument that Elway vouched for Fangio and the current staff. This lead to Bridgewater as the obvious answer for all parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

24. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

I believe the part that is missed that Elway's endorsement timing was likely aimed at buying himself one more year as the GM before the fake owner Ellis pushed him out the door. He wasn't going to allow Elway to hire another coach and was clinging to his position. Fake owner Ellis though didn't go for it and here we are.

26. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

I think that this, or something similar is the right assumption.....

If you wiegh the football reasons to move on from Fangio VS keeping Fangio....if you made that choice on only football reasoning...you'd have moved on....not even becasue Fangio is a horrible coach...but because where the team found itself after 2020 and where it needs to go now....keeping Fangio is a wasted year.

Fangio was brought in to stabalize the team, and supposedly get the D organized, and get a steady VET at QB. Elway was trying to repeat 2015 more or less because alot of the parts were still there. They went and got Flacco.

Fine...that's not even a horrible plan...Flacco was horrible though, and everyone knew it...and it didn't work.

The problem then going into 2021....is that Flacco didn't work..Fangio isn't a QB whisperer and you have Drew Lock..who is a fringe prospect. Fangio is the wrong coach for NOW. Again..he isn't a horrible coach...he's the wrong coach for 2021 for you guys.

It should be pretty clear by now, you don't have a QB....and since you kept the coach for POWER AND FINANCIAL REASONS...the Broncos found themseleve AGAIN (2018 being the other) where you sat in the top 10 of a draft and blue chip QB prospects where there when you picked ....and becaue you have the wrong coach, at the wrong time...for NON FOOTBALL reasons....you were out of the QB market on draft day.

All you have to do is ask yourself "what is the upside of Fangio in a third year, VS a new coach, and new QB in 2021" There isn't a good answer to this question. Fangio's D and the QB play are going to have to be miraclulous to have this make sense....to be justified over new coach and drafted QB.

The immediate blame can go to Elway and Ellis....but this is the kind of thing an Owner wouldn't tolerate for FOOTBALL reasons...and any owner short of Cal McNair would understand that 2021 was the time to make a change and DRAFT a QB. This is what happens when choices are made for a football team, for reasons that aren't football related.

You guys have been having a turd polishing contest in here all offseason over Lock and TB....and this thread gets started blaming Paton.....the one guy making FOOTBALL decisions as best as can be expected given the limitations he has. Amazing.

28. The Following 2 Users High Fived Zerovoltz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

Quote Originally Posted by go_broncos143 View Post
    You Suck..

Go back to the OM
    They don’t make real men anymore

30. The Following 2 Users High Fived Fangios Meatballs For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information