Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Paton

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I skipped to the end to find this … I’m mildly intrigued.
    He isn't wrong, I don't think any of this is Paton's fault in fact I wasn't upset we brought in Teddy b at a decent salary with easy outs if needed end of season, Not one football person can tell me Teddy B isn't better then case rypien, Brandon allen and F'in Driskel, our Qb room was trash last year. I don't buy any conspiracy here. Paton has been pretty much upfront from the get go about the QB position, I think he likes lock and with 2 years left expects him to keep working. I also doubt he will even sniff retaining Fangio and or Teddy B unless this team is in the playoffs and makes some noise. I also believe he fully intends to make a major push for Rodgers next year.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

I can’t help but think Elway’s ego played into all of this. If they’d hired Paton, he got to clean house with the coaching staff and QBs , and things started to turn around, Paton would get all the credit for fixing the Broncos. But, by keeping mostly everything they had, Elway can still take most of the credit, as it was his guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    I can’t help but think Elway’s ego played into all of this. If they’d hired Paton, he got to clean house with the coaching staff and QBs , and things started to turn around, Paton would get all the credit for fixing the Broncos. But, by keeping mostly everything they had, Elway can still take most of the credit, as it was his guys.
    GM should have authority to hire his own coaching staff. in this case, Elway and Ellis didn't allow it.
    That's the reason we need a owner.

Paton should have just drafted a QB or get Stafford(whatever it takes). we are now stuck with TB and Lock.

There is no need to draft a CB in first round. it's a luxury. what he will do when there is no QB?

5. The Following User High Fived go_broncos143 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I read all of these, and unless I missed it, this is the comment you made which my response was for:

"Elway publicly declared, that A) Paton would not have control of hiring and firing staff untill 2022, and B) Elway would still hold final say on "major decisisons" until 2022. "

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

7. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    I wish Mike Hawk's posts lasted longer. Mike Hawk just seems to get going and then it's all over. Just little dribbles here and there that leave everyone wanting.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by go_broncos143 View Post
    GM should have authority to hire his own coaching staff. in this case, Elway and Ellis didn't allow it.
    That's the reason we need a owner.

Paton should have just drafted a QB or get Stafford(whatever it takes). we are now stuck with TB and Lock.

There is no need to draft a CB in first round. it's a luxury. what he will do when there is no QB?

There’s noway Surtain could ever be considered a wasted pick. The guy is going to be elite at his position the next 15 year’s locking down one side of the field

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I read all of these, and unless I missed it, this is the comment you made which my response was for:

"Elway publicly declared, that A) Paton would not have control of hiring and firing staff untill 2022, and B) Elway would still hold final say on "major decisisons" until 2022. "
    https://denverfan.com/2094405/with-j...-handcuffeed/?

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/01/0...d-fresh-ideas/

When Elway declared on DEC 28th the staff would be retained....and later when he said Fangio would be involved in the GM search....what else can I say...he said the staff would be back publicly....he further reinforced that when he said Fangio was in on helping pick the new GM.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
    When Elway declared on DEC 28th the staff would be retained....and later when he said Fangio would be involved in the GM search....what else can I say...he said the staff would be back publicly....he further reinforced that when he said Fangio was in on helping pick the new GM.....
    Yep... Elway clearly mentioned that Fangio will be involved in GM search. FO and Ellis are doing whatever they want as there is no owner.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Draft and develop: George Paton explains vision as Denver Broncos' GM, stating he'd 'like to win a Super Bowl here'

Long article, but very interesting. https://gazette.com/sports/broncos/d...6cf29a78c.html

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

15. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain

Is the OP Blood of the City?

17. The Following User High Fived ZiziLaboi For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Draft and develop: George Paton explains vision as Denver Broncos' GM, stating he'd 'like to win a Super Bowl here'

Long article, but very interesting. https://gazette.com/sports/broncos/d...6cf29a78c.html
    Win a SB with game manager QB’s? And with the game manager QB that’s least likely to ever break character?

He’s bringing a knife to a gunfight.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

19. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Win a SB with game manager QB’s? And with the game manager QB that’s least likely to ever break character?

Be more dramatic.

I think Paton has turned out to be a bit delusional...

I’d like to challenge that vision he’s got. We’ve got an awesome team and the best person he could. One up with for the job of leading this team, was Teddy Bridgewater. That’s how teams with potential never amount to be anything, and will always struggle to get over the hump...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information