Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A year of exploring symphonies

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    The sound of my opponent wailing and gnashing teeth.
    Kinky.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Kinky.
    Have you seen the movie "Her"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Have you seen the movie "Her"?
    Nope! I miss you, though. <3

5. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I put enough energy into this endeavor to have an early takeaway for any subsequent intrepid wanderers.

Symphony is still basically boring. But there's enough payoff to justify the slow burn.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I put enough energy into this endeavor to have an early takeaway for any subsequent intrepid wanderers.

Symphony is still basically boring. But there's enough payoff to justify the slow burn.
    It was always sort of a guiding light for me as a young piano player. I would practice in a room filled with (copies, obv) of Van Gogh paintings, old classics, ancient dictionaries, and the like. It was a vibe, fam. And while playing as a first-fourth grader that was always what the end of the line would be. I just have such a strong memory of being told being able to play them was the end goal, in tandem with all that cool stuff that I romantically recall a thing I never really played.

You hate too hard on Beethoven, though. Fam, you h8 so hrd.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

So I was at the Colorado Symphony Orchestra last night and they played Shostakovich's 5th Symphony. It's one of my "journey" symphonies (about 16 down).

It's worth it. The suck of finding a home in instrumental, classical type music. Mad, sublime, complex, subversive. All that music can ever aspire to be. Good point of departure, but also read the lore.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information