Page 90 of 256 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 3835

Thread: Teddy Bridgewater is the starter

Jesus. I left that place when it turned into a Mexican real estate site during the offseason ten or so years ago. Sounds like it went downhill from there.

2. The Following User High Fived listopencil For This Post:

Can y'all leave your shit at the mane?

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Can y'all leave your shit at the mane?
    Good luck with that. the OM was the online dumpster fire that never stopped. Unfortunately they were on point with real time information. If you wanted to know who was cut, hurt, or traded they would always have the information first. As long as you didn't linger...

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    Good luck with that. the OM was the online dumpster fire that never stopped. Unfortunately they were on point with real time information. If you wanted to know who was cut, hurt, or traded they would always have the information first. As long as you didn't linger...
    Welp, this isn't the mane and we don't want the baggage. Leave the beefs at the door.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Welp, this isn't the mane and we don't want the baggage. Leave the beefs at the door.
    Frankly I am surprised more of them haven't found their way over here. We probably lucked out that the shutdown happened when it did preventing a bigger migration.

9. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Lock's on year three.

Lock is on year three. Lamar as a rookie was horrible. In his second year he broke out and became a stud. He is still clearly a very effective player. So how does one make any comparison between a shared flaw when one guy is cursed and damned by it and the other guy is a MVP in spite of it? That doesn't make sense.

Herbert had a studly rookie year. Why would he be ran out of Denver if he was that good that quick? Lamar came alive in year two. That comp doesn't work. Allen, if he was drafted by Denver, would have been taken with the understanding that he needed time. BUt again, in year two, he still showed improvement and made plays with his size and mobility. You could see in year two how he could turn into a stud QB. That wasn't the case with Lock at any point.

It is. But I think not all of it stems from the Lock Truthers. I think some of it does stem from the people who refused to see how Lock should have to earn a job when he was one of the worst QB's in the league last season. People got their head bitten off for lukewarm takes like "I don't like the competition, but I can see why a coach might do it."

In Chubb's rookie season he had one of the best defensive seasons a rookie ever had. Allen was really bad. Chubb was considered one of the best, if not the best players in that class. Allen was seen as a boom or bust prospect. Your assertion is historically accurate; it also is kind of meaningless. Why wouldn't fans -especially those who wanted a pass rusher, or BPA, etc- feel that way? That wasn't a hot take.

This post speaks for itself. Good job.

Hope is always alive, Falco. **** yeah!!!!!!!!!
    Lamar still struggles past his first read lol, but he runs really fast so there is that, its like a suped up Michael Vick 2.0. Drew is in year 3 of which about a full year was a waste between injury and Covid, To even compare him to most other 3rd year guys is off IMO as the variables aren't even close to the same across the board. Also Herbert probably falls in the 20 percent not 80 I mentioned and he also was a top 10 pick more likely to hit early then a 2nd rd. pick who needs some development of which we gave none.

My point about Allen is Most Denver fans have zero patience for young QB's that don't go all pro in year 1.....its why we can only win SB now with established vets like manning and maybe Rodgers one day. So we keep trying has beens when peryton's aren't available. We cant develop. So I 100% believe this franchise and its fans would have panicked after Allen's year 1 and even into year 2 and thrown in the towel. We don't and cant develop QB's.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 09-21-2021 at 08:46 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Jaded says hi.
    Hi jaded but deep down I know your happy , You will only be truly pissed if teddy does go all teddy when we get to the meat of our schedule. If that happens though revenge posting will be sweet and entertaining and we can laugh at our mediocre season of 8-9 or 9-8 and make bets that JH10 wont back out on, as to how long we think extensions for Teddy and Fangio will be

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    My point about Allen is Most Denver fans have zero patience for young QB's that don't go all pro in year 1.
    This point keeps getting brought up, and no one can ever answer this follow up point.... Which QB that the fanbase "gave up" on was unwarranted? Who was the good QB our fanbase and team gave up on?

Stop blaming the fans and team's impatience for the QB failures. This is a copout to detect from the fact that we keep bringing in terrible QB after terrible QB. If we'd taken Josh Allen 5th overall, he would not have been "run out of town" (as if fans even have that power) after year two. Stop with that nonsense.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This point keeps getting brought up, and no one can ever answer this follow up point.... Which QB that the fanbase "gave up" on was unwarranted? Who was the good QB our fanbase and team gave up on?

Stop blaming the fans and team's impatience for the QB failures. This is a copout to detect from the fact that we keep bringing in terrible QB after terrible QB. If we'd taken Josh Allen 5th overall, he would not have been "run out of town" (as if fans even have that power) after year two. Stop with that nonsense.
    When you actually do the math on this "our fanbase runs out young QBs and the team gives up to fast" narrative, it just doesn't add up. We've used 5 first or second round picks on QBs after Elway retired. Let's go through them:

Cutler: This definitely wasn't a guy that fanbase gave up on or ran out of town. He was pretty popular here and the fanbase basically revolted when McDaniels came in and traded him, and that decision basically led to him getting fired.

Tebow: Only got two years, but when Peyton Manning comes available, no reasonable person is going to argue you should pass on that to keep developing a guy who at that point is was overly apparent he could not throw the football at an NFL level. And again, Tebow was pretty popular with the fans and not "run out of town".

Osweiler: Played out his whole rookie deal, and Elway even tried to bring him back and make him the guy, and the fanbase was mostly on board with it. Houston made him a ridiculously over the top offer and Elway was proven correct in not overbidding it. So we're not 0/3 on fans running players out of town.

Lynch: No argument that we cut bait quickly on him, but it was readily apparent quickly that he had neither the intelligence nor the work ethic to be an NFL QB. The fact that he never took another NFL snap after we cut him pretty much justifies that decision. He was definitely hated by the fans, so I guess if you wanted to make the argument we gave up on him too fast or the fans ran him out of town you could, but he then went to a team that in Pitt that is historically patient with QBs, didn't last there, and never made a roster again. So you really can't blame his failure on impatience or bad fans.

Lock: The book on his career isn't fully closed yet, so maybe this winds up being the guy you're all right about that we gave up on too fast, but at this point nothing indicates he's that guy. While a lot of the fanbase has definitely given up on him, he also has a devoted following the likes of which we haven't seen since Tebow. And so far, we've seen nothing to suggest the coaches made the wrong call in going with Teddy.

In conclusion, this a dumb narrative and people need to stop making it.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    Frankly I am surprised more of them haven't found their way over here. We probably lucked out that the shutdown happened when it did preventing a bigger migration.
    I don't mind the migration, at all. I like the posters that have come over. Honestly, we needed some new faces.

Just leave the mane issues and beefs over there. Fresh start.

That's my only point.

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Yes he would have been and if you don't think so then you believe were better at developing Qb's then we have shown and fans are very patient with the process. If that's what you believe then its a lost case, I wont change your mind and you will continue to get defensive when its called out that fans have little patience in Denver for developing Qb's when this board is riddled with proof going back to the Tebow days

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

When you actually do the math on this "our fanbase runs out young QBs and the team gives up to fast" narrative, it just doesn't add up. We've used 5 first or second round picks on QBs after Elway retired. Let's go through them:

Cutler: This definitely wasn't a guy that fanbase gave up on or ran out of town. He was pretty popular here and the fanbase basically revolted when McDaniels came in and traded him, and that decision basically led to him getting fired.

Tebow: Only got two years, but when Peyton Manning comes available, no reasonable person is going to argue you should pass on that to keep developing a guy who at that point is was overly apparent he could not throw the football at an NFL level. And again, Tebow was pretty popular with the fans and not "run out of town".

Osweiler: Played out his whole rookie deal, and Elway even tried to bring him back and make him the guy, and the fanbase was mostly on board with it. Houston made him a ridiculously over the top offer and Elway was proven correct in not overbidding it. So we're not 0/3 on fans running players out of town.

Lynch: No argument that we cut bait quickly on him, but it was readily apparent quickly that he had neither the intelligence nor the work ethic to be an NFL QB. The fact that he never took another NFL snap after we cut him pretty much justifies that decision. He was definitely hated by the fans, so I guess if you wanted to make the argument we gave up on him too fast or the fans ran him out of town you could, but he then went to a team that in Pitt that is historically patient with QBs, didn't last there, and never made a roster again. So you really can't blame his failure on impatience or bad fans.

Lock: The book on his career isn't fully closed yet, so maybe this winds up being the guy you're all right about that we gave up on too fast, but at this point nothing indicates he's that guy. While a lot of the fanbase has definitely given up on him, he also has a devoted following the likes of which we haven't seen since Tebow. And so far, we've seen nothing to suggest the coaches made the wrong call in going with Teddy.

In conclusion, this a dumb narrative and people need to stop making it.

Congrats on getting defensive. I didn't say Wave I said many in the fan base. If your scope is the 50-75 frequent posters on this board so be it. But going through this forum, The mane, and the main board plenty of evidence exists that Denver fans have little patience for draft picks not getting it right away.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Teddy analysis featuring Sutton targets. Pretty good.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yes he would have been and if you don't think so then you believe were better at developing Qb's then we have shown and fans are very patient with the process. If that's what you believe then its a lost case, I wont change your mind and you will continue to get defensive when its called out that fans have little patience in Denver for developing Qb's when this board is riddled with proof going back to the Tebow days
    Congrats on getting defensive. I didn't say Wave I said many in the fan base. If your scope is the 50-75 frequent posters on this board so be it. But going through this forum, The mane, and the main board plenty of evidence exists that Denver fans have little patience for draft picks not getting it right away.
    You didn't answer my question. Which QB that we "gave up to soon" on went on to prove us wrong about it?

24. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

You didn't answer my question. Which QB that we "gave up to soon" on went on to prove us wrong about it?
    Fans gave up on cutler to soon, Gave up on drew to soon, gave up on Oz to soon. Within 6 games fans were already calling for all of these QB's heads.......Hell drew didnt even make it out of his first start last year before people wer calling for Rypien.....this isnt some off take. Denver fans are notoriously fickle about QB's and the org doesn't do a good job at developing them since Elway.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

26. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information