Page 93 of 256 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3835

Thread: Teddy Bridgewater is the starter

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    There was something that teddy did that was pretty cool, i dont remember if it was giants or jags, but he stiff armed the defender rushing at him and then threw it. That was pretty badass.
    The application window for Club Teddy is closed.

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Im fairly certain I saw somewhere that No QB has thrown more 20+ yard passes than Theodore!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Lamar still struggles past his first read lol, but he runs really fast so there is that, its like a suped up Michael Vick 2.0. Drew is in year 3 of which about a full year was a waste between injury and Covid, To even compare him to most other 3rd year guys is off IMO as the variables aren't even close to the same across the board. Also Herbert probably falls in the 20 percent not 80 I mentioned and he also was a top 10 pick more likely to hit early then a 2nd rd. pick who needs some development of which we gave none.

My point about Allen is Most Denver fans have zero patience for young QB's that don't go all pro in year 1.....its why we can only win SB now with established vets like manning and maybe Rodgers one day. So we keep trying has beens when peryton's aren't available. We cant develop. So I 100% believe this franchise and its fans would have panicked after Allen's year 1 and even into year 2 and thrown in the towel. We don't and cant develop QB's.
    Lamar still plays at a high level, and your point is moot. You cannot compare the two. It does not work logically.

Drew is a third year player. I'm sorry that the excuse train doesn't work, but it doesn't. Two rookies flat out outplayed him. They were in a tougher situation than than Drew via covid. Two guys from the same class outplayed him. Drew doesn't get special victim treatment.

I will never understand arguing that Herbert being a top ten pick somehow helps your argument. I agree; the first round pick was a lot better than a second round pick as a sophomore...even though people questioned how polished Herbert was.

Denver fans have nothing to do with development. Denver should not have gone with the veterans like Flacco or Keesum. They also shouldn't have gone with young QB's like Lynch or TS. Denver has had an overall QB issue, not just a development issue. Denver let Lock play as much as he could towards the end of his first year. He then played an entire second season. He then, in spite of being arguably the worst QB in the league last season, got a shot to win the job. He wasn't good enough to win the job. I don't know what more Denver could have done to facilitate Drew Lock being successful sans hiring an OC the fans like and for some reason letting him being the starter again, even though he wasn't good enough to be...the starter.

I think the reason why Denver didn't draft Allen was because they thought he was so raw. If they had drafted Allen, they would have either been all in on him -which is what I think the logical conclusion would be if they went that way- or panicked. But they didn't take him. And a lot of people wouldn't have taken him. Then again, in Allen's second year you could see demonstrative improvement. Which is the opposite of what anyone saw in Lock.

5. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Fans gave up on cutler to soon, Gave up on drew to soon, gave up on Oz to soon. Within 6 games fans were already calling for all of these QB's heads.......Hell drew didnt even make it out of his first start last year before people wer calling for Rypien.....this isnt some off take. Denver fans are notoriously fickle about QB's and the org doesn't do a good job at developing them since Elway.
    Fans didn't give up on Drew too soon. Most people wanted him to win the job and thought he would.

Cutler I guess you could argue, but fans liked him a lot just before he was traded. A lot of fans disliked his comments about the team/fans after the fact, and no one liked his attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiziLaboi View Post
    I ain't got no beefs with anyone.
    Perhaps just lighten up a little GEM?
    We have shared memories and neither of us is anything other than jokesters. Especially me and Shane. Strafen kinda less jokey, but he's not bringing drama either. Look just because a few friends razz each other over something you don't understand because you weren't there you don't have to get all mad and act left out or like it is "drama" just because we jab each other in the arm and giggle. You guys have your own history that we don't understand. Don't mean I'm going to tell you not to blab with your pals.

In fact Shane is the one that told me to migrate here. So again, chill. I got nothing but love for my guys. Don't mean I won't tease them though.
    We had epic game threads where we were always jumping between football takes and dogging on those takes. Some dudes were weird like anywhere. True there was a gathering of weird over there. But there was good too. The grumps have checked this place out and already left.

I like our new digs. You guys are way cooler than that old place. Soon you'll get used to my weird. I'll grow on you. Like fungus.
    Got reports in the mod lounge, so can't really just chill out. Thread warning is pretty light.
    Last edited by GEM; 09-21-2021 at 07:40 PM.

8. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I am just patiently waiting for the moment when I can confidently rub it in everybody's face that I was right about Teddy!

10. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I am just patiently waiting for the moment when I can confidently rub it in everybody's face that I was right about Teddy!
    Dont count on it. Not only will they be wrong they will come up with excuses. You can easily shoot those down and they are left with nothing and then they try to resort to other things like contracts or saying Teddy is a QB so rushing yards or scores do not count. Its what I just had to purify half the board with for Melvin Gordon.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    You took those words right out of my mouth.
    I too happen to be patiently waiting for the moment when I can confidently rub it in everybody’s face that I was right about Teddy!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    You took those words right out of my mouth.
    I too happen to be patiently waiting for the moment when I can confidently rub it in everybody’s face that I was right about Teddy!
    Because that's what a good fan does is root for his team's QB to fail so he can be right!

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Because that's what a good fan does is root for his team's QB to fail so he can be right!
    This is the same man who said Denver would go 13-4 with Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I’m not rooting for no one to fail. It’ll happen on its own because it is what it is, you know it, I know it, we all know it...

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Got reports in the mod lounge, so can't really just chill out. Thread warning is pretty light.
    Got it.
    Someone got butthurt.
    I won't go so deep next time.

How about we let whoever this sensitive Sally is, that made reports on my teasing Shane, fade into the ether along with their past perceived victimizations? Tis a new day. Strafen is fine. Shane is still Shane. No animals were harmed.

So moving on:

NFL.com lists the Broncos at 13 on power rankings going into week 3.
    CBS has the Broncos at 12 on their power rankings.

We are rising for good reason.
    In 2020, 8 of the 11 teams that started 2-0 made the postseason. There are currently only two undefeated teams left in the AFC, they are the Raiders and the Broncos.

Both write ups claim Bridgewater is managing games and we are surviving off of dinks and runs. So doesn't seem like either author watched our games. Teddy is better than what they give him credit for doing.

18. The Following User High Fived ZiziLaboi For This Post:

19. Default

Wins always make me happy af. I hoped for Lock; but he didn't distance himself, grow enough, nor learn fast enough. Not a fan of Teddy...journeyman by all accounts. He has played very well so far. Surprised fo sho. But what some of these guys are saying(despite the trash talk) is this:
    The moment of truth is coming. Thank God for our D, but the schedule is headed into the suck. Let's goooo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZiziLaboi View Post
    I ain't got no beefs with anyone.
    Perhaps just lighten up a little GEM?
    We have shared memories and neither of us is anything other than jokesters. Especially me and Shane. Strafen kinda less jokey, but he's not bringing drama either. Look just because a few friends razz each other over something you don't understand because you weren't there you don't have to get all mad and act left out or like it is "drama" just because we jab each other in the arm and giggle. You guys have your own history that we don't understand. Don't mean I'm going to tell you not to blab with your pals.

In fact Shane is the one that told me to migrate here. So again, chill. I got nothing but love for my guys. Don't mean I won't tease them though.
    We had epic game threads where we were always jumping between football takes and dogging on those takes. Some dudes were weird like anywhere. True there was a gathering of weird over there. But there was good too. The grumps have checked this place out and already left.

I like our new digs. You guys are way cooler than that old place. Soon you'll get used to my weird. I'll grow on you. Like fungus.
    You barking up the wrong tree it’s likely some poster that reported you guys and she had to say something.
    Last edited by Jeudy10Hamler1; 09-22-2021 at 01:49 AM.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Lamar still plays at a high level, and your point is moot. You cannot compare the two. It does not work logically.

Drew is a third year player. I'm sorry that the excuse train doesn't work, but it doesn't. Two rookies flat out outplayed him. They were in a tougher situation than than Drew via covid. Two guys from the same class outplayed him. Drew doesn't get special victim treatment.

I will never understand arguing that Herbert being a top ten pick somehow helps your argument. I agree; the first round pick was a lot better than a second round pick as a sophomore...even though people questioned how polished Herbert was.

Denver fans have nothing to do with development. Denver should not have gone with the veterans like Flacco or Keesum. They also shouldn't have gone with young QB's like Lynch or TS. Denver has had an overall QB issue, not just a development issue. Denver let Lock play as much as he could towards the end of his first year. He then played an entire second season. He then, in spite of being arguably the worst QB in the league last season, got a shot to win the job. He wasn't good enough to win the job. I don't know what more Denver could have done to facilitate Drew Lock being successful sans hiring an OC the fans like and for some reason letting him being the starter again, even though he wasn't good enough to be...the starter.

I think the reason why Denver didn't draft Allen was because they thought he was so raw. If they had drafted Allen, they would have either been all in on him -which is what I think the logical conclusion would be if they went that way- or panicked. But they didn't take him. And a lot of people wouldn't have taken him. Then again, in Allen's second year you could see demonstrative improvement. Which is the opposite of what anyone saw in Lock.
    Your usually a top ten pick (Herbert) because your more polished coming out of college, Drew was not which is why he went rd 2. That's a pretty self explanatory argument for why a guy like Drew apparently wasn't at Herbert's level right off the bat its Funny however that Drew happened to beat him in their head to head match up with a great 2nd half comeback....I would call that a flash, but who knows anymore.....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 09-22-2021 at 08:15 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information