Page 79 of 256 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 3835

Thread: Teddy Bridgewater is the starter

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    They’ve compiled one of the best rosters in football. Da fuq you talking about?
    with one of worst staffs for any young qb

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    While the super bowl happened to play out as an ugly game, I do think they also have the weapons to hang with them in a shootout. The Bucs just set a record today for the longest winning streak while scoring 30 in every game, with 9 straight such games. They absolutely could hang with KC in a shootout type game.
    I think they could this year. They struggled a lot to figure out what they wanted to be offensively last year. Your list is something like: Lamar Jackson and the Ravens, Josh Allen and the Bills, Tom Brady and the Bucs, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers (maybe?), Russell Wilson and the Seahawks and Matt Stafford and the Rams? Honorable mention to Kyler Murray and the Cardinals, Kirk Cousins and the Vikings, Ryan Tannehill and the Titans?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I think they could this year. They struggled a lot to figure out what they wanted to be offensively last year. Your list is something like: Lamar Jackson and the Ravens, Josh Allen and the Bills, Tom Brady and the Bucs, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers (maybe?), Russell Wilson and the Seahawks and Matt Stafford and the Rams? Honorable mention to Kyler Murray and the Cardinals, Kirk Cousins and the Vikings, Ryan Tannehill and the Titans?
    Maybe Dak and the cowboys. They have looked strong this year.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yep.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Mayfield and the Browns should probably be HM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah they hung right with them last week.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Hell...refs call that helmet to helmet in the playoffs, Browns likely move on

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Ballsy call

It's an interesting list to see how those teams aquired those passers.

Lamar was a 2nd rounder with an insane ability to run the ball, they have brought him on very slowly in the passing game and even in year 3 he's not an elite NFL passer.

Josh Allen was a 1st round pick that took a year, and honestly needed Stefon Diggs to get over the hump.

We all know Tom Brady, but remember the Bucs didn't draft him. They signed a 40 year old QB.

Aaron and the Pack don't have the cast despite Aaron and Davante, and we all know Aaron was drafted, sat two years, etc.

Russel was a 2nd round pick that was developed a lot like Lamar, and like Lamar had a strong run game and defense to lean on while he learned.

Kyler was the first overall pick and is not an elite passer yet either. He reminds me of a young Russ.

Dak was what, a third round pick who I believe sat for a year, and then took another two before they took the leash off.

Now compare that to what Lock fans want out of him. They want him because he can hit the big play. The last thing you wanna put a young QB in to do is try to hit big plays. You teach him the basics, then the mid field tricks, then he can start winging it. Right now Lock should be Dak at the beginning of year two starting. Basic stuff, nothing wild. Make the throws you need to make and the correct reads. Don't turn the ball over and let the running game and defense win games.

Now Teddy. Drafted at the end of the first round to a run heavy team with a very good defense. Spent the first two years learning how to play QB in the NFL. Nothing crazy, nothing wild. Made easy plays, didn't turn the ball over. Year 3.... Well you know the rest.

11. The Following User High Fived TommyKramer For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Broncos with Drew Lock.
    The same Drew Lock who couldn't put 20 on the board consistently and got beat by the chiefs 3 times? That Drew Lock?

13. The Following 8 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by TommyKramer View Post

Lamar was a 2nd rounder with an insane ability to run the ball, they have brought him on very slowly in the passing game and even in year 3 he's not an elite NFL passer.

Josh Allen was a 1st round pick that took a year, and honestly needed Stefon Diggs to get over the hump.

We all know Tom Brady, but remember the Bucs didn't draft him. They signed a 40 year old QB.

Aaron and the Pack don't have the cast despite Aaron and Davante, and we all know Aaron was drafted, sat two years, etc.

Russel was a 2nd round pick that was developed a lot like Lamar, and like Lamar had a strong run game and defense to lean on while he learned.

Kyler was the first overall pick and is not an elite passer yet either. He reminds me of a young Russ.

Dak was what, a third round pick who I believe sat for a year, and then took another two before they took the leash off.

Now compare that to what Lock fans want out of him. They want him because he can hit the big play. The last thing you wanna put a young QB in to do is try to hit big plays. You teach him the basics, then the mid field tricks, then he can start winging it. Right now Lock should be Dak at the beginning of year two starting. Basic stuff, nothing wild. Make the throws you need to make and the correct reads. Don't turn the ball over and let the running game and defense win games.

Now Teddy. Drafted at the end of the first round to a run heavy team with a very good defense. Spent the first two years learning how to play QB in the NFL. Nothing crazy, nothing wild. Made easy plays, didn't turn the ball over. Year 3.... Well you know the rest.
    I get what you are trying to say, but there is an awful lot wrong here.

Lamar was a first rounder and they had no choice as he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn to start with.

Allen was making splashy plays even as a rookie. He was inconsistent though because he needed to work on his fundamentals which he did.

Russ was winging it out of the gate. He immediately impressed the coaches, especially with his accuracy on the run. They certainly didn't shelter him. He came into the league ready to play. He threw for over 3,100 yards as a rookie with 26 TD,s, numbers Lamar Jackson still hasn't approached.

Kyler...See point above

Dak played as a rookie, they won their division at 13-3, he was the NFL rookie of the year throwing 23 tds vs 4 picks and over 3,600 yards, WTH man?

15. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

So, how many seasons does Bridgewater need to play here before we can consider him for the Ring of Fame? Shane, you have any thoughts on that?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by TommyKramer View Post

Some decent points although Russell actually was the #1 most accurate QB in college football when he came out of Wisconsin. While he could run he was (even surprising to me) more accurate than Griffin III coming into the draft. I think if anything his size is what ended up making him a 3rd round choice but as we all know the Hawks got a steal there with him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

They drafted Lock to have someone that could score as fast as the Chiefs do but yall believe the keenum and flacco years dont exist.
    Why would we want to score as fast as the chiefs do? We want to tire our defense out on purpose. We should strive to score as often as the Chiefs do but not "as fast" as them. Let their shitty defense be on the field most of the game while ours stays nice and rested.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

with one of worst staffs for any young qb
    I agree they could have developed him better. Shurmur said my way or highway. Teddy decided to haul ass on the Shurmur express. Drew still looking at map upside down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information