Page 221 of 256 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 3835

Thread: Teddy Bridgewater is the starter

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    They did develop him. He had an entire rookie season to learn the game, sit in QB rooms, etc. Prepare the mental game. Then he had a year of playing. And this is the disconnect. It's not that Lock shouldn't have had another shot because he struggled. It's because he did more than struggle, he was literally blow-for-blow at the bottom of the league. Literally, I cannot stress this enough, literally, one of the worst QB's in the league. And he did that in a season where the class he came in with largely flourished or was solid (Murray and Minshew) and flat out rookies outplayed him (Burrow and Herbert). He had no excuse to be that bad. None.

So when he gets another camp and a legitimate battle for the job, how is that not developing him? He's in season three. A lot of teams would have flat out cut him, let alone keep him, let alone give him a shot at the job.

Where is the malfeasance? Where is the so-called negligence? You're seeing first round QB's get less of a shot than Lock has had. Miami almost traded Tua in the offseason and almost moved on from him in season. And that guy is just as gifted as Lock is and waaay more advanced between the ears.

I think what the Lock crew has failed to understand is that at a certain point you no longer are worth investing in. Drew Lock probably hit that point in year two, and definitely hit that point in the QB battle. If there was any doubt left it died this regular season. He is flat out unplayable.

Why would the coaches eschew a legitimate chance at making the playoffs for Lock? Why does he get to take the franchise hostage and 'develop', regress, suck, and get the benefit of the doubt? Why should Fangio and company basically sacrifice their jobs for a second round QB?
    Ok cool, got it.

Trevor Lawrence shouldn't get any more time to develop since he's one of the worst QBs in the league and the Jags should bring in Teddy next year.
    I mean, Trevor has had almost a WHOLE YEAR to prove it.

2. The Following User High Fived Helios For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    This is just 100% opinion and also completely false. Lock led a TD drive. Yeah he turned it over on a bad play, but he led a TD drive. That alone with Surtain’s pick six was enough to win the game. I don’t know why a fair-weather football fan such as yourself cares so much about Lock and trying every possible way, even dishonestly, to shit on him at every single turn. It’s like he lives rent free in your head. Perhaps the sadness over being the fan of another team that’s letting you down has twisted your heart and mind. I know, it was bad timing to switch your loyalties for the 3rd time in under a decade and pick, of all teams, the one AFC North team in decline. If you really wanted to stick it to your formerly beloved Bungles after you tossed the Broncos aside so quickly after winning a Super Bowl, you could’ve at least picked the Ravens to cheer for instead. At least they have a somewhat bright future. Perhaps you should jump on that Cheatriot train so you can cheer for a winner after all? I hear the tickets are selling out fast, though!
    Imagine getting on a message board and posting this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lol @ people getting so personal.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Ok cool, got it.

Trevor Lawrence shouldn't get any more time to develop since he's one of the worst QBs in the league and the Jags should bring in Teddy next year.
    You're comparing a rookie QB with superstar talent, on an awful team to a third year QB with solid talent that's on a playoff caliber team (but for said third year player).

You're not comparing apples-to-apples; you're comparing an organic apple to a plastic apple, maybe an orange.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

What did I miss? Teddy still sucks? Okay just checking….
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Teddy gonna bring the win.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Teddy gonna bring the win.
    Bro he is the winner of 3 and outs that’s about it……
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

13. Default

Daaaaaaaaaaaang Teddy. Wtf

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You're comparing a rookie QB with superstar talent, on an awful team to a third year QB with solid talent that's on a playoff caliber team (but for said third year player).

You're not comparing apples-to-apples; you're comparing an organic apple to a plastic apple, maybe an orange.
    What physical talent separates Lock and Lawrence?

This is what I don’t get about the narrative you’re spinning.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    What physical talent separates Lock and Lawrence?

This is what I don’t get about the narrative you’re spinning.
    That’s why these players were on the NFL radar as underclassman in high school, you can deny that all you want but it’s how this works.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Y’all think Arch Manning being on the NFL radar as a Jr in high school is rare? Neighbor cheese! You don’t know the way this cycle works.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Ok cool, got it.

Lawrence has exactly 18 games to make it to Mahomie level, then he’s done. Literally!
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Why are you so mad?

To your argument:

No one is buying that Drew 'led them to a TD. He handed the ball off to the running backs and fumbled the ball on third down. Denver recovered for a first down, and Lock was fortunate. If that's leading them to a TD then it cuts both ways.

To your personal attack:

The reason why I don't root for Denver anymore is because I rooted for them since my friends on the board were, well, my friends on the board. But given how over the years people got pissy at me -for saying Denver should have been rebuilding, well, nailed that one, or TS was a bad QB, or Keenum was a bad signing, or whatever it was the upset the more optimistic crowd- it got old. This would serve as another example. But you didn't know that, or you didn't care, and that's your prerogative. You probably don't remember me getting flack for saying, post SB, that I thought Denver would decline, as do most SB winning teams. And you probably don't remember me getting shit all over for other takes. And that's fine, too. However, it's not fine to do what you just accused me of--the opinion and falsehood--and tell me why I made my decision. I won't get into the P and R as to why I don't root for Ohio based teams even though I'm from Cincinnati, but you could probably take that context and figure it out. But since you seem to really, really, really, really, want me to respond via getting that personal with me, I'll indulge.

The part that HP didn't know, and therefore set himself up for failing:

I couldn't give a shit less if Denver turns into a super power or if Burrow leads the Bengals to five straight SB's. And I don't care if Pittsburgh goes into a tailspin of futility. Because output and production was never what it was about. At the time I became a Denver fan (my worst choice ever considering my friendships on the board) I could have gone with New England, or New Orleans, or a variety of other teams with a true blue QBofT or a bastion of success, or both. I went with the team that was pinning hope on Osweiller and a defense that was losing talent/aging right, left and center.

That kills your narrative. It's at this point you should realize something. Don't call hindsight because Jaded can attest to it, when I thought the team was GMing it wrong I got shat on. Last season, after that beating I took on the board, I decided to move on. And yeah, Pitt was on that winning streak, but -and this is the part you don't know, and I'm choosing to believe it wasn't malicious- friends from Pitt invited me. And I even said last year that I thought Pitt was at the end of the road because Ben was fat and ancient. But wait, why wasn't King a ******* Chiefs fan? Or a Bucs fan? Or a Packers fan? My god, it just doesn't make sense, does it? He went with the old, fat, slowing down, dying in the arm Big Ben with a team that's traded picks for players? In THAT division? Talk about a losing position, HP. But I can't totally break myself from the habit of running up the score, and considering how you called me dishonest, which does actually hurt my feelings considering that I thought you were one of my boys, I'm going to doing this to you a bit. This is a personal failing of mine, but you earned it.

So the better question to you is why, if I'm what you accuse me of am I not a Patriots fan, or a Chargers fan, or etc.? Don't pivot now my boy, use the same logic you had. Embrace your own silly and illogical attack on me.

When I'm wrong on this forum people love to wag it in my face, but when I'm right and I act the same way (it's all love, right) I get this response.

Upon my return I'll make certain to stay out of the Denver forum because the lesson 'some people can't take what they dish out' has never been clearer to me. And it ain't on me.

Oh, and you 'won' this argument as much as Drew 'led the team to a TD drive'. So if you need to try to double down, go for it.
    King! That dude has a family!

Btw, Lock absolutely led the Broncos to a TD, suck it!
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lol m9 he didn't.

20. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

If drew lock threw that pick 6. The world would be in nuclear war and mankind would be extinct.*

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information