Page 35 of 256 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Thread: Teddy Bridgewater is the starter

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

3 scoops of ice cream for Fangio!

Lock you suck you get 1 scoop!

2. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Not many coaches get a third year after starting with back to back losing seasons. They probably should’ve cleaned house with the coaching staff and QB room. But, they didn’t, and here we are….

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    3 scoops of ice cream for Fangio!

Lock you suck you get 1 scoop!

Lock gets 3 scoops, just no sprinkles. Sprinkles are for winners.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Well, unlike QBs there aren't backup HCs to choose over the starter. I will agree with the sentiment that we, as in fans and franchises alike, give up on young QBs way too quickly in this day and age.

8. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Well, unlike QBs there aren't backup HCs to choose over the starter.
    Pretty much this. Changing coaches is a big organizational change. You can just bench your QB if he isn't getting it done. And don't get me wrong, this is definitely a prove it or get fired year for Vic as well.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Pretty much this. Changing coaches is a big organizational change. You can just bench your QB if he isn't getting it done. And don't get me wrong, this is definitely a prove it or get fired year for Vic as well.
    Wonder where the bar is set where he can keep his job next season. 9-8? 10-7? Playoffs or bust?
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 08-26-2021 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

ugh. . . well, shit. . . i call shenanigans and tomfoolery on this decision! after suffering through orton, trevor, keenum, and flacco, it's impossible to feel any excitement for yet another one-year "quick fix" that won't fix anything. . . once again, we see that the donkeys simply do not have a plan at the most important position on the team. . . you'll never convince me that this decision wasn't primarily about saving vic fangio's job, which is frankly another prospect that i'm unenthusiastic about, to say the least. . .

and yea, i get it-- there's no guarantee at all that we'd do any better with lock. . . i still would have rolled the dice on the possibility of a talented third-year player improving, over a guy whose ceiling you already know. . . don't kid yourself about teddy-- nice guy, sure, but he's a broke man's alex smith, at the very best. . . in a league that's STARVED for quarterback talent, there's a reason this guy was available in the dollar bin in april. . . carolina essentially paid us to take him off their hands, so they could replace him with a guy who's basically the same player as drew lock, if lock had played at USC. . . not a thought that exactly gets me pumped for the season. . . i have little to no doubt that we're going to be right back to square one in the off-season, and that's disheartening when the rest of the roster absolutely looks ready to win right now. . . von's not gettng any younger, and keeping our young talent together is going to start getting very expensive over the next couple of years. . . windows of contention don't typically stay open for very long, and it certainly feels like we're wasting one by playing yet another no-upside journeyman QB. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

13. The Following 11 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Wonder where the bar is set where he can keep his job next season. 9-8? 10-7? Playoffs or bust?
    it has to be making the playoffs, IMO. . . the offense has been the problem for the past six years. . . if vic can't get it going in a positive direction in his third year, then there's just no justification for keeping him any longer. . . maaaybe if we did get aaron rogers, and you just need vic to keep the defense strong, but even then i think it's a stretch. . . if we don't get a stud vet QB, the idea of letting vic manage the development of another young QB after the way he and his staff bungled lock's development is cringeworthy, at best. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

15. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Paxton Lynch got 4 games. Rosen got 14 games. Haskins got 13 games. Manziel got 8 games. Loads of young QBs have gotten less than 18 starts and they pretty much never come back to prove their first team wrong.
    Damn.

Smoked'em.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    He has to make it to the afc championship game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    He has to make it to the afc championship game.
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    ugh. . . well, shit. . . i call shenanigans and tomfoolery on this decision! after suffering through orton, trevor, keenum, and flacco, it's impossible to feel any excitement for yet another one-year "quick fix" that won't fix anything. . . once again, we see that the donkeys simply do not have a plan at the most important position on the team. . . you'll never convince me that this decision wasn't primarily about saving vic fangio's job, which is frankly another prospect that i'm unenthusiastic about, to say the least. . .

and yea, i get it-- there's no guarantee at all that we'd do any better with lock. . . i still would have rolled the dice on the possibility of a talented third-year player improving, over a guy whose ceiling you already know. . . don't kid yourself about teddy-- nice guy, sure, but he's a broke man's alex smith, at the very best. . . in a league that's STARVED for quarterback talent, there's a reason this guy was available in the dollar bin in april. . . carolina essentially paid us to take him off their hands, so they could replace him with a guy who's basically the same player as drew lock, if lock had played at USC. . . not a thought that exactly gets me pumped for the season. . . i have little to no doubt that we're going to be right back to square one in the off-season, and that's disheartening when the rest of the roster absolutely looks ready to win right now. . . von's not gettng any younger, and keeping our young talent together is going to start getting very expensive over the next couple of years. . . windows of contention don't typically stay open for very long, and it certainly feels like we're wasting one by playing yet another no-upside journeyman QB. . .
    Everything you just said is absolutely correct. This decision was in the best interest of Fangio trying to keep his job and not the best decision for the Denver Broncos

21. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Klis just posted this is Fangio's 7th QB in 33 games. Maybe that stat is being shared frequently on Denver radio - but we really have become the Browns... where's that vomit emoji...

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information