Page 33 of 256 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Thread: Teddy Bridgewater is the starter

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    Worrying about draft position when it’s only August is insanity. Bears drafted 20 and were able to trade up and get their guy, Patriots drafted 15 , stayed put and still got their guy. Even with only 4 wins this team could still draft 5 or later, still no guarantee there’ll even be a QB there.
    You're right, that's a good point. I'm just so effing sick of this QB shit cycle. It is so tiresome to see the Denver Broncos shove mediocre QB after mediocre QB in our faces and if I hear the line "he gives us our best shot at winning" for another off-season I may lose my mind.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I did.
    That is when I concluded our QB is not on the team.
    I hate to defer to you as the board expert on camp but I guess I have no other choice.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I hate to defer to you as the board expert on camp but I guess I have no other choice.
    Take his word with a grain of salt though, he was probably drunk the entire time trying to endure the pain his eyes were witnessing.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    You're right, that's a good point. I'm just so effing sick of this QB shit cycle. It is so tiresome to see the Denver Broncos shove mediocre QB after mediocre QB in our faces and if I hear the line "he gives us our best shot at winning" for another off-season I may lose my mind.
    I agree. That QB carousel graphic on ESPN is going to keep adding names….

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dewayne Robertson

Teddy has the opportunity to resurrect his carreer this year. I see a few scenarios that are possible here.

With the offensive players Denver can put on the field and , assuming the O line does their job in pass
    protection, we should see offensive scores north of 30 points in nearly every game. Jeudy, Hamler, Sutton, Fant ,
    and two solid RBs, Plus other TE's that contribute. A supposedly better O line. Almost every qb in the league would salivate with that lineup
    on their side. If we stay healthy all year this O should explode . However, I don't trust Shurmur and Fangio to take
    full advantage of that. Some conservative play calling or attempts to let the Defense carry the load will limit us some.
    Teddy can throw the ball pretty well. Lock has a stronger arm but, BW is more consistent. He will get some picks though
    because his delivery is a bit slower getting there. Mostly those will likely happen in the Red zone as the field shrinks there.
    As long as he doesn't make too many, it won't matter, since the D IS going to be really good. But too many picks early on
    and the play calls will start to be check downs and a lot of Field Goals attempted. 4th down calls, unless 1-2 yards ...not.

This team , with TBW and the schedule we have SHOULD win 10-11 games. Come back player of the year..... possible.

IMO, the first 5 games are going to tell the tale . I expect we win the first 3 , probably lose # 4. Game #5 will be the one where we see
    if the League and film study start to even things out. Injuries and bad luck ball bounces can derail it all. Lose 2 of the first 4 and a different
    season plays out.

I will be behind and FOR whoever plays at QB.... I just hope we haven't just wasted another year and can get back to winning!
    10-6, 2-14. 8-8 and Now 11-6
    I'm In it for the LONG Haul!

9. The Following User High Fived scottxray For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don’t think this next class is that deep, but we’ll see.
    The next class doesn't impress me at all. One of the reasons I was so pissed about making a CB luxury pick in this one...
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    if I hear the line "he gives us our best shot at winning" for another off-season I may lose my mind.
    Another bad acid trip flashback of the Orton days...
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    The next class doesn't impress me at all. One of the reasons I was so pissed about making a CB luxury pick in this one...
    I like the North Carolina kid. Rattler comes across as a bust to me. Can't put my finger on it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    Imagine arguing Bridgewater vs Lock….. wow this is sad! Seriously, who cares? They both stink….

I think this is more of the realization fans are finally coming to that this team, once again, totally screwed up the QB position. It’s the same, throw some crap at the wall approach it’s been the last 5+ years.
    Mike Hawk is salty. Can you get a load of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I’m afraid the decision to not grab a QB this year is going to haunt us.

None of us saw anything other than two preseason games against teams that didn't play a single starter on defense. So unless any of us went to camp, we can only go on what was reported.
    Sonehow I knew you would bring up the things we don’t see that coaches do in person everyday kind of take.
    I think it’s a fair assessment, however not everybody is a practice type guy, some do better on game day han they do during practice.
    I still maintain my position that not naming Lock the starter was a huge mistake that we cannot be justifying by saying that it pretty much came down to the choice of two evils and both suck, not true at all.
    Some of us had seen the potential in Lock from the time he’s got on board and we knew with more coaching and playing time he could develop into the quarterback we knew he was going to be, and guess what? On his first preseason game with the starters, he nailed it. That’s the guy we all were talking about and that performance brought hopes to the organization, but a week later in a game with scrubs those hopes came crashing down, not because of his performance, because he played mistake free, but because he was exposed to the mercy of an inexperienced OL that almost fit him killed, now we have a guy with no potential and a known commodity be our starting quarterback. If this is not tragic, I don’t know what tragic is then...
    Last edited by Strafen; 08-26-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    If this is not tragic, I don’t know what tragic is then...
    Michael Dean Perry Jags game? Rahim Moore Ravens game? Super Bowl 48? TD shredding his knee ending his career? The McDaniels era? Not to even mention real tragedies like Darrent Williams.

I can think of many real life and just football occurances far more "tragic" than us picking one mediocre QB to start over another mediocre QB.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Michael Dean Perry Jags game? Rahim Moore Ravens game? Super Bowl 48? TD shredding his knee ending his career? The McDaniels era? Not to even mention real tragedies like Darrent Williams.

I can think of many real life and just football occurances far more "tragic" than us picking one mediocre QB to start over another mediocre QB.
    Yeah, none of this is tragic except Darrent Williams. That said, I’ll take all that playoff heartbreak every day over picking at No. 9.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

19. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Yeah, none of this is tragic except Darrent Williams. That said, I’ll take all that playoff heartbreak every day over picking at No. 9.
    Sure, I'm just saying in the grand scheme of things, there have been far worse moments as a Broncos fan than Drew Lock not being named the starter.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by broncowave View Post
    sure, i'm just saying in the grand scheme of things, there have been far worse moments as a broncos fan than drew lock not being named the starter.

but dude!!!!!!!!!!!! Teddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omfgsohgsodndonsdfwewe ! !

23. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information