Page 32 of 256 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Thread: Teddy Bridgewater is the starter

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I never looked at this like "which of these two guys can win us a SB this year" because the answer to that question is neither one of them. This season to me is land Rodgers and win a SB or start Lock and see if we have a potential FQB. Teddy is in no way whatsoever a FQB and by this point in his career we know this to be true. Lock is not a FQB either, but there is still potential for him to become that. He started his career really well in those final 5 games of his rookie season,. I really saw some potential there. His sophomore season sucked, no doubt. But there was a shit ton of reasons that don't all mean Lock is terrible (injuries, new OC, drops, COVID, etc.). Also, Sophomore slumps happen., I've seen it a million times. I find it ridiculous how quickly we give up on QBs now.

We ain't winning the SB this year I would have rather we went 4-13 while finding out Lock isn't the guy and putting us in okay position to draft the next possibility than going 8-9 with Teddy and drafting in a double digit spot with no chance of ending this cycle.
    I would have much rather done the same but the problem is when Lock isnt doing anything to give the coaches confidence to do that and cant beat out a mid-average journeyman QB maybe the answer is already there in terms of what they have in Drew. The other side of that is if they are playing for a "win now" blueprint than it makes sense for them to go with Teddy because of the experience factor. Like you i think its a waste of time in the big picture but i cant really say that Drew did anything to blow the doors off of Teddy this offseason. I think the bottom line here is that the coaching staff just does not feel that Drew is the guy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I never looked at this like "which of these two guys can win us a SB this year" because the answer to that question is neither one of them. This season to me is land Rodgers and win a SB or start Lock and see if we have a potential FQB. Teddy is in no way whatsoever a FQB and by this point in his career we know this to be true. Lock is not a FQB either, but there is still potential for him to become that. He started his career really well in those final 5 games of his rookie season,. I really saw some potential there. His sophomore season sucked, no doubt. But there was a shit ton of reasons that don't all mean Lock is terrible (injuries, new OC, drops, COVID, etc.). Also, Sophomore slumps happen., I've seen it a million times. I find it ridiculous how quickly we give up on QBs now.

We ain't winning the SB this year I would have rather we went 4-13 while finding out Lock isn't the guy and putting us in okay position to draft the next possibility than going 8-9 with Teddy and drafting in a double digit spot with no chance of ending this cycle.
    I don't think we'd have gone 4-13 even if Lock was bad. Defense is too good. Only way we finish that bad is a huge rash of injuries.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think this also explains why Denver was looking so hard for other QB's in the offseason including the draft. I really dont think they believe Lock is the guy going forward.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Joe I appreciate that you're about the only person here who was a big time Lock supporter who isn't shitting on Teddy because he won the job.
    At the end of the day you have to respect Bridgewater is in the league at all after that injury - one that his surgeon called the worst he'd ever seen / "mangled" / "there's nothing there" / "like a war wound"...etc...

I just really hope he's more aggressive with the ball - "Kyle Orton" football was bad enough once.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

6. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The onus isnt on me, its on you since you are the one peddling it. Dont be mad because you got called out on it.
    Me mad?
    No, not at all. What I’ve said it’s what’s been happening. You don’t need proof unless you don’t want to see it, and that’s there where I can’t help you.
    Bridgewater was an arbitrary decision. I haven’t see where Lock lost his job to Bridgewater in a convincingly and decisive manner. No he didn’t. When it’s 50-50, and too close and what have you, the benefit of the doubt usually is given to the incumbent. In this case it was given to the wrong guy and when you look at who brought him here and the history behind Paton and Bridgewater it doesn’t take a genius, not even nostratimmy to figure out how they came up to that decision. By choosing Bridgewater Fangio knowing where he’s at he’s basically getting a free pass this year. I can almost guarantee Fangio will be the head coach next year regardless of the outcome this season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    Bridgewater was not the best option. He may have been who you wanted all along, but he’s not by any means the best option.
    This should’ve been Lock year to finally blossom, he put in an extraordinary amount of work and dedication during the off-season to ensure his success, and he really impressed in the first PS games with the starters and showed how far he’s come to be where he’s at. He showed better footwork, better mechanics, better decision making, discipline going through his progression, arm strength and accuracy and every else we saw that made us happy.
    Why would anyone think that he wouldn’t continue on the path of success going forward was beyond me. We denied Lock the opportunity of a lifetime to become our star quarterback, he was ready to show it, he deserved the chance to prove it, but no, the job security of the head coach of winning at least nine games (over .500) was more important than taking a chance at success with Lock as the quarterback, and if Lock had failed, then it would’ve been more forgiven, than if now with Bridgewater he ends up failing and somehow Drew ends up saving the season at the end, or something.
    Lock represented sustained success. Bridgewater represents a mirage.
    Let the season begins and see how it’ll all plays out...
    That's certainly one way of looking at it. I think Lock is a bad QB and it was never going to happen for him here. Maybe I'm wrong and he'll get in this year or go somewhere else and be a stud. But if we're basing this massive "improvement" in a game where he dominated the Vikings backups in the preseason, I just can't get there with you.

I do think Lock will play at some point this year, so we'll see what happens with him in a live game this year. He better stay prepared and ready.

Worrying about draft position when it’s only August is insanity. Bears drafted 20 and were able to trade up and get their guy, Patriots drafted 15 , stayed put and still got their guy. Even with only 4 wins this team could still draft 5 or later, still no guarantee there’ll even be a QB there.

10. The Following User High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    At the end of the day you have to respect Bridgewater is in the league at all after that injury - one that his surgeon called the worst he'd ever seen / "mangled" / "there's nothing there" / "like a war wound"...etc...

I just really hope he's more aggressive with the ball - "Kyle Orton" football was bad enough once.
    That's fair, and I look at his short saints stint as hope for that. He was more aggressive there, put up great numbers, and went 5-0. If we get that Teddy, it could be a good year. If it's Carolina Teddy, not so much. I'm going to give him a shot at least.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    Worrying about draft position when it’s only August is insanity. Bears drafted 20 and were able to trade up and get their guy, Patriots drafted 15 , stayed put and still got their guy. Even with only 4 wins this team could still draft 5 or later, still no guarantee there’ll even be a QB there.
    I don’t think this next class is that deep, but we’ll see.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I would have much rather done the same but the problem is when Lock isnt doing anything to give the coaches confidence to do that and cant beat out a mid-average journeyman QB maybe the answer is already there in terms of what they have in Drew. The other side of that is if they are playing for a "win now" blueprint than it makes sense for them to go with Teddy because of the experience factor. Like you i think its a waste of time in the big picture but i cant really say that Drew did anything to blow the doors off of Teddy this offseason. I think the bottom line here is that the coaching staff just does not feel that Drew is the guy.
    You had said it. Lock couldn’t beat a mid-average journeyman, right?
    Now, is that what really happened?

Did you see Bridgewater outperforming Lock in an overwhelming fashion to take the job from the incumbent?
    If you did, I want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don’t think this next class is that deep, but we’ll see.
    Yes, the only way to guarantee you get the QB you want is to draft first overall

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Did you see Bridgewater outperforming Lock in an overwhelming fashion to take the job from the incumbent?
    Neither QB out did the other from what i saw so you could basically flip a coin with that. I certainly did not see Lock blow the doors off of Teddy and make the case easier for Fangio to make.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    Yes, the only way to guarantee you get the QB you want is to draft first overall
    I agree we shouldn’t be worrying about it now, though.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

None of us saw anything other than two preseason games against teams that didn't play a single starter on defense. So unless any of us went to camp, we can only go on what was reported.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    None of us saw anything other than two preseason games against teams that didn't play a single starter on defense. So unless any of us went to camp, we can only go on what was reported.
    I did.
    That is when I concluded our QB is not on the team.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

19. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information