Page 28 of 256 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread: Teddy Bridgewater is the starter

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    What an uninformed post. Paton. Was. Never. The. Vikings. GM. That was Rick Spielman. Paton was an assistant GM. He didn't pick the players. The rest of this post is just pure conjecture that's nothing more than your opinion.
    Paton had direct influence in Vikings draft picks. They don’t trade 2 drafts picks to move up into the 1st round of their player personnel and assistant GM isn’t on board with it.

Pretty evident Paton wanted to draft Teddy back then when a few years later his 1st QB addition as a GM is Teddy himself.
    I am a dynamic figure. I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed and I can cook 30 minute brownies in 20 minutes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by The1percentKid View Post
    Paton had direct influence in Vikings draft picks. They don’t trade 2 drafts picks to move up into the 1st round of their player personnel and assistant GM isn’t on board with it.

Pretty evident Paton wanted to draft Teddy back then when a few years later his 1st QB addition as a GM is Teddy himself.
    Ultimately he wasn't the GM and it wasn't his call. To assume what he wanted is pure conjecture. Teams have internal disagreement on picks all the time. No one has any idea what Paton thought at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If thats the case than Denver really needs to stop drafting project QB's. If the mantra is to "win now" than we are wasting to much time on supposedly developing young QB's and wasting draft capital on them. Personally im not sure that is all that is going into Fangio's decision making but if he is on the hot seat than that theory certainly makes sense but then we still have the problem of drafting young QB's whom we seem to never want to go through the growing pains with.
    It’s win now for Fangio. Hasn’t been in win now mode since 2016 season. He even said a big reason he chose Teddy was the experience.

You can make a case that it’s a win now since so many contracts up after the year.

I am a dynamic figure. I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed and I can cook 30 minute brownies in 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by The1percentKid View Post

Bridgewater was a decent prospect at the time, some had him as a top 10 pick up there with Clowney, he was even thought about possibly be the first overall for a minute. Minnesota got a good value at the time taking him at the 32nd pick. The wild leg injury is what set him back, who knows what would’ve happened with his career if it wasn’t for the injury.

5. The Following User High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

If thats the case than Denver really needs to stop drafting project QB's. If the mantra is to "win now" than we are wasting to much time on supposedly developing young QB's and wasting draft capital on them. Personally im not sure that is all that is going into Fangio's decision making but if he is on the hot seat than that theory certainly makes sense but then we still have the problem of drafting young QB's whom we seem to never want to go through the growing pains with.
    Or how about stop bringing in a different OC every year, where everything is different each year?

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

7. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Or how about stop bringing in a different OC every year, where everything is different each year?
    We didn't change the OC this year?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Meh, other QB's deal with that at times too, consistency is nice for sure but i dont believe that is what is stumping Lock's growth as a QB. But of course even if you keep an OC the entire time if you dont let the kid play through the ups and downs than it doesnt matter what OC you have there. Clearly the Broncos are in a win now scenario so Lock really has just been wasting his time here as it was never a true rebuild.

The histrionics around this place are insane. As a Vikings fan I've seen plenty of Teddy. He's not Case keenum, who got hot for a year but was never the kind of guy that had the talent to succeed. Teddy's one if the smartest QB's going. He may not have a cannon for an arm, but if you watch the clips from last week in Seattle he certainly can throw the football more than 5 yards. He was trained as a west coast offense guy which is why he's more likely than others to check down, but I've seen him make plenty of throws.

This is a guy who was rookie of the year, went to the playoffs and made the pro bowl his second year. A guy who's record was 22-12 before the dumpster fire of a season last year in Carolina.

11. The Following 7 Users High Fived TommyKramer For This Post:

Bullshit.
    Whats bullshit?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    Whats bullshit?
    Your baseless opinion without any facts to back it up.

Ultimately he wasn't the GM and it wasn't his call. To assume what he wanted is pure conjecture. Teams have internal disagreement on picks all the time. No one has any idea what Paton thought at the time.
    He literally said he wanted Teddy back then.

Lmao if you think he didn’t want Teddy back then, but wants him for his first GM job.
    Last edited by The1percentKid; 08-26-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Are you telling me that he didn’t have anything to do with the failure of Minnesota for drafting Bridgewater?
    My bad for saying he was the GM. It’s even better than that. He was the assistant to the GM and director of players personnel. He had to be involved in the decision making, won’t you think?
    Let me tell you this. Bridgewater sucks ass. To be defending that bum as our starting quarterback is utterly an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    Shanny Sr. was the plan in 2018. They wanted him and Cousins until Ellis said “no”. Instead they kept VJ as a lame duck coach and brought in a “vet” in Keemum. Now we’ve gone full circle with another lame duck coach and “vet” QB
    Yes Kyle was the plan. He did not want to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Because Elway wasn't going to allow it? Pretty sure Kyle is on record saying this is the job he most wanted during his interviews.

Other way around sir. Elway wanted it. Ellis might have nixed it. Does not matter Kyle was not going to sign the contract if offered.

Pola, yes I believe that too. I know I am right as I know someone very well that is within the FO of the 9ers. Its why I know that Trey Lance was our target and when we called and they told us that they were taking him and not Mac or Fields, we immediately made the trade for Ted.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    Bridgewater was a decent prospect at the time, some had him as a top 10 pick up there with Clowney, he was even thought about possibly be the first overall for a minute. Minnesota got a good value at the time taking him at the 32nd pick. The wild leg injury is what set him back, who knows what would’ve happened with his career if it wasn’t for the injury.

I never said they whiffed. If anything they made the right choice because Manziel was also available for a trade up and they chose not to. Norv Turner Spielman and Paton were all on board with trading up for Teddy. He fell in the draft due to a bad pro day and irregular heartbeat.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    Whats bullshit?
    Basically everything you post?

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information