Page 92 of 256 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 3835

Thread: Teddy Bridgewater is the starter

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
    No, but that still doesn't mean we would've done it well.
    You guys act like a defensive coach from Philly and a TE’s coach are some kind magical QB whisperers. McDermott and Daboll never developed anybody in careers previously. Trying to give all the credit to the mediocre Bills coaching staff takes everything away from all that Josh Allen has accomplished.

He’s a good QB with all the tools who worked tirelessly to improve his accuracy. Yet, you guys give those 2 clowns all the credit…

2. The Following User High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    How were people calling for Cutler's head during his rookie season when he didn't even get in until late in the year?
    I'd say some Plummer fans were probably not all that happy with the move. My recollection is not minding the pick as much as ditching Plummer at 7-4 or whatever we were.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    How were people calling for Cutler's head during his rookie season when he didn't even get in until late in the year?
    I was on the main board and the mane at the time and after his first game people were already calling him a bust it was madness, when i came here though there were posters that were fine with dumping cutler for Orton it was mind blowing. I guess Denver fans just need them some QB battles. I hate em they lead to nothing as we have seen constantly. Hopefully Teddy is a outlier....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 09-21-2021 at 12:52 PM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
    You guys act like a defensive coach from Philly and a TE’s coach are some kind magical QB whisperers. McDermott and Daboll never developed anybody in careers previously. Trying to give all the credit to the mediocre Bills coaching staff takes everything away from all that Josh Allen has accomplished.

He’s a good QB with all the tools who worked tirelessly to improve his accuracy. Yet, you guys give those 2 clowns all the credit…
    I don't really make that argument about Allen necessarily. I'm more cynical about our own development abilities because of our sad sack decisions around OCs. Even since way back in the days of bringing in PFM to float clowns like McCoy and Gase.

I also think we gave up on Scangarello 'too soon' (current thread theme I guess)

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoBeavis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post

No one is saying that......it is strange that his accuracy is all over the place this year, wonder if he is hurt or something.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
    I don't really make that argument about Allen necessarily. I'm more cynical about our own development abilities because of our sad sack decisions around OCs. Even since way back in the days of bringing in PFM to float clowns like McCoy and Gase.
    Exactly its not just an Allen thing, Denver is just not good at it, we like bad coaches, and QB's Lately. Maybe Teddy is a outlier that shuts us all up....(well doubtful ) but it remains to be seen.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

9. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    No one is saying that......it is strange that his accuracy is all over the place this year, wonder if he is hurt or something.
    I have a little bit of a hot take about what we may see from some QBs this year. 2020 might have been one of the easiest years ever to play QB, especially on the road, because of the complete lack of crowd noise. It makes such a huge difference I think going on the road and not being able to hear anything and easily communicate signals at the line. It wouldn't shock me if we see a bit of regression from some guys who maybe had unusually great years last year. Burrow and Allen especially being two that I have my eyes on.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Yes, I was being a bit dramatic in my post for effect. But, he’s back down to 56% completion, basically what he was averaging his first 2 years. It’ll be interesting to see if last year was just a flash in the pan, if so the whole Allen debate is then moot.

13. The Following User High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Exactly its not just an Allen thing, Denver is just not good at it, we like bad coaches, and QB's Lately. Maybe Teddy is a outlier that shuts us all up....(well doubtful ) but it remains to be seen.
    Yeah, but I don't really see Teddy coming out hot as necessarily a big endorsement of our current staff. He's had a lot of experience, is probably still recovering year to year, and has more weapons now than maybe ever.

Hopefully he's slowly breaking slow-mo Shurmur out of running every 1st down though. This week was a little better than last. Not much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    One of the reasons I thought Drew struggled last year was from to much interior pressure and our inconsistent OL. I haven't seen anything to show me that's not still a issue to include our tackles and TE's.....Only upgrade has been Javonte and our RT which isn't saying much for as bad as they have previously been as far as pass blocking goes. The run blocking is uneven across the OL and TE's right now

I think good teams will start exploiting's our OL weakness that's now evident on tape and teddy wont be able to sustain this accuracy the whole season.....at some point our run game and run blocking need to be much better if we stand a chance this season. If I'm a DC I'm sending tons of combo pressure inside via stunts and blitzes.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

17. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

One of the reasons I thought Drew struggled last year was from to much interior pressure and our inconsistent OL. I haven't seen anything to show me that's not still a issue to include our tackles and TE's.....Only upgrade has been Javonte and our RT which isn't saying much for as bad as they have previously been as far as pass blocking goes. The run blocking is uneven across the OL and TE's right now

I think good teams will start exploiting's our OL weakness that's now evident on tape and teddy wont be able to sustain this accuracy the whole season.....at some point our run game and run blocking need to be much better if we stand a chance this season. If I'm a DC I'm sending tons of combo pressure inside via stunts and blitzes.

Is this graph not showing that Teddy has been incredibly accurate while also facing some of the most blitzes and pressures in the league?
    I think other teams are thinking the same way most of us did. Ted sucks and if they shut down the run they will shut us down. Theodore is carving them like pumpkins when they are doing this. Sooner than later they will stop daring ted to beat them and dare us to run on them.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

19. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

There was something that teddy did that was pretty cool, i dont remember if it was giants or jags, but he stiff armed the defender rushing at him and then threw it. That was pretty badass.

21. The Following 6 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

It’s kinda funny that folks online are now trying to come up with a new nickname for Teddy. Teddy two-yards isn’t accurate, Teddy two-gloves is boring, Teddy two-tuds (TDs) is starting to catch on, but my favorite I’ve seen so far is Teddy Throwsevelt.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    There was something that teddy did that was pretty cool, i dont remember if it was giants or jags, but he stiff armed the defender rushing at him and then threw it. That was pretty badass.
    Shane getting on the Teddy train let's goooooo!!!

25. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information