Thread: Teddy Bridgewater is the starter

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Congrats, Teddy. I'm 100% behind you!

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by D1g1tal j1m View Post
    I think opposing defensive coordinators are happy with this decision. TB is not known as a deep ball passer or too much of a risk taker. So they can stack to box and take away TB short to intermediate passing options and dare him to beat them deep. The two preseason games our Offense played against a lot of 2nd and 3rd stringers so I don’t take the stats as seriously as they present themselves. Did both QBs have solid preseasons? From all I read, they did. Could either QBs been named the starter? Yes. So Vic with the veteran option and I am looking to a slow and methodical Offense with TB at the helm. Hopefully Drew stays motivated and ready at any moment as TB hasn’t been known to complete a full healthy season as a starter in a while.

Go Broncos!
    Bridgewater was 16th last year in PFF’s grading on deep passing. Lock was 18th.

Bridgewater had a 72.2 grade and had 14 big time throws on 25-55 passing. Lock had a 65.8 grade and 19 big time throws on 18-71 passing. Bridgewater was more efficient in downfield passing, though he took less shots.

I can’t know what he was asked to do. I do know they added Robby Anderson last year, whose targets, receptions and grades dramatically increased from his time with the Jets. He also had D.J. Moore, who isn’t a deep threat, but more of a short possession guy and Curtis Samuel. They worked the middle of the field and didn’t take the top off much. Again, I don’t know if they really asked him to do that or not, but when they did go deep, they were efficient at it. He adds Sutton who’s a different deep ball threat than Anderson, and runs really good sideline routes. It’s going to be a different type of thing Bridgewater will be asked to do this year than last when throwing to him, and Patrick.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    I’m just sad that so few of the Lock cheerleaders who hated our Lock takes on the OM are here!

I’m also sad that Lock was terrible enough not to easily win this QB competition. I’m not a Lock believer and even I thought he’d probably end up as the starter.

And what’s really going to suck is if Fields and/or Jones end up being good.
    But but Josh Allen

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

BTW, what the hell happened between Monday and this morning that caused the delay in the announcement? I find it hard to believe that yesterday's practice had any significant info that would make a difference in their decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
    But but Josh Allen
    Haha, yeah, sad that those poor guys actually believed that was possible. I wish they were right though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Worst part of this is I'm going to have to change my fantasy football team name now.

"Lock a Bridge over troubled Water" was already unwieldy in the box score, but it doesn't work at all now.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    BTW, what the hell happened between Monday and this morning that caused the delay in the announcement? I find it hard to believe that yesterday's practice had any significant info that would make a difference in their decision.
    Vic probably second guessed it then slept on it and realized it couldn’t wait. Not a good idea to waste reps, players get most of next week off.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Worst part of this is I'm going to have to change my fantasy football team name now.

"Lock a Bridge over troubled Water" was already unwieldy in the box score, but it doesn't work at all now.
    Don’t throw in the towel yet. You’re a Bridgewater injury, or Bridgewater futility, away from being a genius. One of them is very likely to happen. Hell, both may happen.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

So I guess Lock will play the first half of the last PS game? I'll shit a brick if Vic plays Teddy.

14. The Following User High Fived BamaBronco16 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBronco16 View Post
    So I guess Lock will play the first half of the last PS game? I'll shit a brick if Vic plays Teddy.
    Dont they normally play more reps with the first team in the last preseason game? I thought i always remembered that is when the starters play for like 2 and half quarters?

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Dont they normally play more reps with the first team in the last preseason game? I thought i always remembered that is when the starters play for like 2 and half quarters?
    Back when it was 4 PS games, the starters played the most in game 3. So I really don't know what they will do. Some teams didn't play hardly any of their starters last week, so who knows. Esp with Vic.

17. The Following User High Fived BamaBronco16 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    That was always the 3rd preseason game. No starters ever played the 4th one. Now that there is no 4th one, I imagine most teams will treat this one like the 4th one and not play anyone.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Regardless of who they named starter, the other guy is a solid back up, so while they just nailed the back up spot, questions as to the quality at starter remain.

Oompa Loompa dunkity dink, if few turnovers the offense won't stink......
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Congrats, Teddy. I'm 100% behind you!
    Alright. *deep breath* <inner voice: you can do this>

Let's go Big Cok Teddy!!!! You are a B A M F to fight through what you did. Let's win a ring, fren.

I'm in!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

24. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information