Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: If Fangio decides to start Teddy and we win ballgames

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default If Fangio decides to start Teddy and we win ballgames

Would you all be happy or still want Lock in even though we would be winning ballgames.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I would be happy.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

3. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Lyle Alzado

I cheer for the starting quarterback of the Denver Broncos. If they help win games it’s even better!

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived QBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Would you all be happy or still want Lock in even though we would be winning ballgames.
    I'd be ecstatic.

My pessimism is because of this long post-Manning history or futility at QB. Futility that has been predicted by many on this message board in preseason for the last five or so years. Futility that seems like it will continue this season. It's not that I want Lock so much as I want that futility to stop.

But if Teddy gets the nod and the team is winning because (not in spite) of him, I'll be his biggest fan. I don't play favorites like that, I just want results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following 7 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Would you all be happy or still waus Lock in even though we would be winning ballgames.
    If we start TB and he Trent Dilfers us to a Super Bowl I'll be more than pleased. If he can dink and dunk us to wins I'll happily take it.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Win ball games as in what? 7-8 wins and out of range to draft our real franchise quarterback? I sure as hell wouldn’t be happy about that.

12 wins and competing for a super bowl yeah I’d be fine with that. It’s highly unlikely with teddy and it’s unlikely with Drew as well unless he takes steps and performs mentally as he does physically. Regardless of me being a lock guy he absolutely has to play good football this year for us to compete on the highest level. Teddy has to be something he’s never been in 8 year’s and even up to right now he’s still being the same guy he’s been his entire career which tells me he’ll never change and that shit is not going to win games consistently.

The broncos just can’t afford for him to be himself which is 10-15 touchdowns with 10-12 ints and 5-8 fumbles.

Broncos also can’t afford for lock to be 15-20 touchdowns and 10-15 ints…..

Somebody has to step outside of themselves and be something they haven’t been yet and that leaves me no choice but to go with the guy whose young with the upside over the guy who has proven for 8 years and even during our camp and ore season that he’s going to be nothing more than himself.

I would support teddy but I know at heart it’s a loss season if he’s starting 17 games for us and the nail in the coffin will be us not picking high enough to get the elite quarterback prospect……

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'd be ecstatic.

My pessimism is because of this long post-Manning history or futility at QB. Futility that has been predicted by many on this message board in preseason for the last five or so years. Futility that seems like it will continue this season. It's not that I want Lock so much as I want that futility to stop.

But if Teddy gets the nod and the team is winning because (not in spite) of him, I'll be his biggest fan. I don't play favorites like that, I just want results.
    Keep in mind im not really saying that Teddy would be the long term answer. But, if he can game manage (I know, people hate that) with a good defense (ala 2015) and we can make the playoffs and win ballgames would people be satisfied. I think most people would be happy with that but i have a feeling a select few would not be that happy about it.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If we start TB and he Trent Dilfers us to a Super Bowl I'll be more than pleased. If he can dink and dunk us to wins I'll happily take it.
    Yea, thats basically what im getting at.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Keep in mind im not really saying that Teddy would be the long term answer. But, if he can game manage (I know, people hate that) with a good defense (ala 2015) and we can make the playoffs and win ballgames would people be satisfied. I think most people would be happy with that but i have a feeling a select few would not be that happy about it.
    Winning the Super Bowl is really damn hard. If he gets us to the playoffs and we're competitive there, that's really all you can ask for from a QB, and I'd happily take it.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post

12 wins and competing for a super bowl yeah I’d be fine with that.
    Yes, this scenario.

Everything you posted is irrelevant to my question. But if this happened would you be on board even if Teddy isnt throwing 40 TDs and scoring 30 pts a game?

People talk about Trent dilfering to a Super Bowl as if that’s even possible now days lol. The ravens defense was giving up a couple field goals in them game’s. With the way the league is set up now Trent dilfer Wouldn’t win a thing. Dude had 12 tds and 11 ints that year. If it wasn’t for that defense giving up a field goal or two week in week out and Jamal Lewis and the punt returner Lewis providing points on special teams the ravens don’t win……. They total won in spite of dilfer.

If teddy was to start for us to be legit contenders he’s going to have to put up 25-28 tds, keep his interceptions and fumbles that he gives away under 15 and have around 3200 yards. If he can do that and everything else goes right like a strong run game and strong defense then we could get 12 wins and hopefully go on a run in the playoffs. Because anything less is failure being that we’d miss out on drafting our franchise quarterback

Yes, this scenario.

Everything you posted is irrelevant to my question. But if this happened would you be on board even if Teddy isnt throwing 40 TDs and scoring 30 pts a game?
    No. Because unless hes performing similar to the numbers I posted we’re not winning 12 game’s.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Winning the Super Bowl is really damn hard. If he gets us to the playoffs and we're competitive there, that's really all you can ask for from a QB, and I'd happily take it.
    If you was a broncos fan back when we was making the playoffs every year and getting bounced in round one to Peyton Manning and etc , there’s noway in hell I could personally be happy with that. Just making the playoffs is not enough. That shit hurt every year making the playoffs knowing we have absolutely no shot after that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

People talk about Trent dilfering to a Super Bowl as if that’s even possible now days lol. The ravens defense was giving up a couple field goals in them game’s. With the way the league is set up now Trent dilfer Wouldn’t win a thing. Dude had 12 tds and 11 ints that year. If it wasn’t for that defense giving up a field goal or two week in week out and Jamal Lewis and the punt returner Lewis providing points on special teams the ravens don’t win……. They total won in spite of dilfer.

If teddy was to start for us to be legit contenders he’s going to have to put up 25-28 tds, keep his interceptions and fumbles that he gives away under 15 and have around 3200 yards. If he can do that and everything else goes right like a strong run game and strong defense then we could get 12 wins and hopefully go on a run in the playoffs. Because anything less is failure being that we’d miss out on drafting our franchise quarterback
    Peyton Manning dilfered his way in 2015. Lol

Right now (on paper) the defense is stacked so as long as we stay healthy. There is nothing to suggest we cant at least make the playoffs if Teddy is able to game manage his way throughout the year. As to the QB's drafted this year NONE of them are franchise guys just yet.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

No. Because unless hes performing similar to the numbers I posted we’re not winning 12 game’s.
    You can make the playoffs with 10 wins.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information