Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So for those that were able to watch the game

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default So for those that were able to watch the game

It wasnt being televised here and i was caught up being a guest on another guys video podcast last night. I looked at the stats and while we had a great game overall as im reading the game thread it seems Lock was unimpressive as opposed to Bridgewater? I did see Lock was the only one to take a couple of sacks. Whats the general consensus after this game? Is Lock still a go or did he hurt himself with his performance?

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I would say last night was mostly a microcosm of what both guys are. Teddy didn't do anything explosive, but he was extremely solid and kept the offense moving, getting TDs on both of his drives. Lots of checkdowns, but did have a couple of nice throws down the field, one to Jeudy, one to the backup TE whose name I'm forgetting.

Lock was what you'd expect, higher highs and lower lows. I will say the two sacks on his first drive weren't really his fault. The oline was really whiffing on blocks. He made a couple of really nice passes, including one mahomes-esque play where he was scrambling around, flipped it backhanded at the last second to a guy who came open, and he went for like 30 yards. Also sailed a few passes due to some sloppy footwork.

The sense I get from the local media is that Vic might be leaning Teddy at this point, but I definitely don't think Lock cratered his chances last night or anything.

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Teddy had a solid game--gave us some glimpses of his Keenum-esque upside.

Lock doesn't seem to recognize and anticipate the Xs and Os.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

The sense I get from the local media is that Vic might be leaning Teddy at this point, but I definitely don't think Lock cratered his chances last night or anything.

If this is was still a dead heat between the two QBs entering last nights game, neither one of them did anything to separate themselves from the other. What I have noticed though is that when Teddy doesn't do anything special, "he is who he is" but when Lock screws up and looks 'meh' then "it's the Olines fault". Lock gets every excuse thrown his way.

8. The Following User High Fived BamaBronco16 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

My impressions:
    The starting offense scored 2 TDs but required three 4th down conversions to do it. Teddy was poised in the pocket and made accurate throws but again took underneath stuff to RBs when deeper routes to Jeudy and Hamler were open. The running game was so-so but it provided play action for Teddy to use. Unfortunately, Teddy has a worse arm than any of the QBs that have started here since Manning. Keesum and Siemien have cannons compared to TBW. Like I said, Teddy is accurate, but there will be no tight window throws with Teddy. Crediting the offense with two TDs with 3 fourth down conversions is questionable because it’s like running a bunch of trick plays. Either you look like the hero or the zero. Yes, the offense converted, but it’s unlikely they’d have been attempted and less likely converted in the regular season.

Drew came out and whether it was him just shitting his pants reading the defense like MO says, or bad Oline play like Chad Brown said, he took back to back sacks. You could tell on subsequent drives he didn’t trust his Oline and got very little help from the running game. After the first drive wher he got sacked, we went into a run, run, pass shell and he had to convert a couple 3rd and longs. Unfortunately, his footwork reads betrayed him a little and he missed some open guys, too. You could tell he was going through progressions though, he just doesn’t process them as fast as Teddy.

The defense was amazing. They crushed the soul of the Seahawk offense. The Seachickens could barely move the ball.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Read Mo’s analysis on the sacks. That’s the troublesome part of Lock’s game. People aren’t wrong to bash the line, but DL didn’t understand the defense. He might be another guy who can only thrive of things are going well? I don’t know if I’d make that conclusion, but that’s the floor. The ceiling is magic.

Regarding TBW: he made two nice throws that you wouldn’t expect of him, but he’s mostly what you would expect. I definitely saw a guy who is a great backup and weak but viable starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    It wasnt being televised here and i was caught up being a guest on another guys video podcast last night. I looked at the stats and while we had a great game overall as im reading the game thread it seems Lock was unimpressive as opposed to Bridgewater? I did see Lock was the only one to take a couple of sacks. Whats the general consensus after this game? Is Lock still a go or did he hurt himself with his performance?
    The entire starting OL came out of the game when lock entered the game and he got sacked twice immediately.

Teddy was teddy completing pass after pass to the running back and tightend underneath. Only one or two of his passes went for more than 5 yards. That shit has to change if he was going to start. Because it’s just not going to work man it’s not going to fly in the regular vs a game plan as it hasn’t his entire career.

Drew lock was 9-14 80 yards he looked like teddy did last week with the backups.

At the end of the day lock looks better with the ones than teddy does for 7 days now. You put both of there numbers head to head with the ones in the games and lock wins, head to he’s switch the back ups and it’s equal or teddy slight edge.

One thing for sure is there’s noway in hell we’re going for it on 4th down twice at midfield like we needed to do with teddy. If it wasn’t for that we’d a punted and not got those 14 points.

I’ve really been trying hard to root for teddy if he I the guy I just don’t dig him not attacking down the field stalling out drives. I can’t take another year of punting all the damn time. I swear if teddy was a guy that was going to push the ball down the field touching the entire field I’d be for starting him man. But I just can’t take anymore scoring 14-17 points per game. I just can’t!

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Lock is the better prospect and “neck and neck” as a player at this point, but he wasn’t as good as he was last week. That’s the only possible excuse to start TB, Lock is still up-and-down.

But if he doesn’t throw an Int *gasp* that’s what y’all wanted, right?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

15. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Lock drove us to two scoring drives with the scrubs playing against a much better scrubs from Seattle than the Minnesota’s scrubs.

Now the million dollar question is...
    Who starts the last preseason game?
    Last edited by Strafen; 08-22-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Lock is the better prospect and “neck and neck” as a player at this point, but he wasn’t as good as he was last week. That’s the only possible excuse to start TB, Lock is still up-and-down.

But if he doesn’t throw an Int *gasp* that’s what y’all wanted, right?
    No they expected lock to look as good as he did with the starters. As if the starters aren’t the starters for a reason. You literally seen the difference right away when 4 starting olinemen came in with lock lol, 3-4 defenders coming in untouched, nobody getting open down the field. It was all bad and lock clearly didn’t trust those guys but somehow he managed and found a way to get the team down the field for 3 field goals and zero interceptions. I’m not sure what people think or expect but that’s crazy to be thinking lock was going to come out and light shit up with a bunch of 3rd stringers! Teddy didn’t do it either.

Like people don’t understand how to put things in context, teddy stalled out man there’s noway we’re going for it on 4th and long THREE TIMES FROM KID FIELD IN THE REGULAR SEASON. Which is what we needed to get those scores.

You have to factor that into what we seen lock last week with the starters he went out and actually took it to the Vikings! We earned those touchdowns!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    Lock drove us to two scoring drives with the scrubs playing against a much better scrubs from Seattle than the Minnesota’s scrubs.
    Might’ve drove it into the end zone if given three 4th down attempts too.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

20. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Now the million dollar question is...
    Who start the last preseason game?
    I’m hoping teddy starts the final pre season game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Might’ve drove it into the end zone if given three 4th down attempts too.
    Yeah. Why did Fangio not go for it on 4th downs?
    That doesn’t make sense to me at all, but then again, that’s Fangio for ya’ never underestimate his ability to **** things up.

23. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Yeah. Why did Fangio not go for it on 4th downs?
    That doesn’t make sense to me at all, but then again, that’s Fangio for ya’ never underestimate his ability to **** things up.
    It makes zero sense if this decision wasn’t made in April.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information