Poll: Drew or Teddy?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Starter...Drew or Teddy?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Default Poll: Starter...Drew or Teddy?

Not who you want. But which QB will take the first snap of game 1. Poll closes after QB is announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I think Lock's play wasn't great tonight, but the film will show it wasn't as bad at it looked. I also think that given how I had Lock leading the competition by a respectable, but not massive margin, that still carries some weight.

There are a lot of factors, though. Some posters -with fair reason to feel so- might believe Fangio is too conservative to ride with Lock at all, or if it is just close in the competition. Others might just believe that TBW is going to win out because he's more consistent than DL, and the staff values that. Rightly or wrongly, to degrees.

I will say, however, that the talks of 'the competition is over' or 'Lock has won the job' were premature. No one seemed to stick around tonight to defend that assertion sans one person.

4. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Where is the option to vote for Pat Shurmurs Son?

6. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Call your shot. Public votes. I voted Teddy. I don't like the media chatter, for example, Klis and 104.3 dudes calling it way in favor of Teddy. I don't see it. But I get it. Basically, I'm going on a certain lack of transparent support for Drew...

I guess this is what I'm thinking.

I've never seen a team go into a season so hedged and equivocating so much at QB when there was a clear de facto starter in my eyes. Many of you also see the same de facto starter (Lock). But this is a strange and pervasive amount of hedging and deflection and equivocation not based on obvious data. It's fishy af, it's like my propaganda antennae are twitching.

Anyways, I want Lock to start, the QB competition is asinine af. But my vibe is that this staff is team Ted.
    Last edited by Hawgdriver; 08-22-2021 at 01:19 AM.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Where is the option to vote for Pat Shurmurs Son?
    exactly

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

There it is...Teddy.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

12. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Call your shot. Public votes. I voted Teddy. I don't like the media chatter, for example, Klis and 104.3 dudes calling it way in favor of Teddy. I don't see it. But I get it. Basically, I'm going on a certain lack of transparent support for Drew...

I guess this is what I'm thinking.

I've never seen a team go into a season so hedged and equivocating so much at QB when there was a clear de facto starter in my eyes. Many of you also see the same de facto starter (Lock). But this is a strange and pervasive amount of hedging and deflection and equivocation not based on obvious data. It's fishy af, it's like my propaganda antennae are twitching.

Anyways, I want Lock to start, the QB competition is asinine af. But my vibe is that this staff is team Ted.
    i agree. i think they will screw this up.

14. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

QB Lock's ball security is pretty bad. He fumbled twice tonight. And... remember, he fumbled big time in Broncos vs. Bills game last year. Ball security is very important to Broncos offense.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Machine Gun Kelly?

18. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Teddy will cause us to lose less games - but also lacks the ability to go out and win a few

Horrible qb situation

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Drew obviously won, from his dominating performance with the ones compared to teddys, too him matching teddy with the back ups and then you factor in teddy throwing 10 plus ints throughout camp with majority of them in the redzone and it’s not even a close competition.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is just anti lock or they just want the entire coaching staff fired because that’s exactly what would happen if teddy was the starter. 6 wins another losing season and the entire staff fired.

22. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    QB Lock's ball security is pretty bad. He fumbled twice tonight. And... remember, he fumbled big time in Broncos vs. Bills game last year. Ball security is very important to Broncos offense.
    Does it matter that teddy has 18 fumbles in his 3 years where he started????

24. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Drew obviously won, from his dominating performance with the ones compared to teddys, too him matching teddy with the back ups and then you factor in teddy throwing 10 plus ints throughout camp with majority of them in the redzone and it’s not even a close competition.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is just anti lock or they just want the entire coaching staff fired because that’s exactly what would happen if teddy was the starter. 6 wins another losing season and the entire staff fired.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

I'll preface my comments here again by saying that given that the circumstances of Lock, who does have some upside, and a better raw set of skills and attibutes than Teddy.....SHOULD have been the 1 all along...that's my opinion on what should have happened...but reaading the tea leaves....

Fangio never wanted to be in the QB development business. he still doesn't.

Teddy Bridgewater is the very definition of a no.2 QB. This was supposed to be a bar that Lock could clear fairly easily. The fact that they have spent up a ton of no.1 reps on Teddy, who should be a no.2 on any other roster in the NFL, including the Texans.....is telling.

The idea that even this far into preseason it's "very close" is preposterous.

I think Fangio knows it better than most....Lock would have and should have shown something by now if he were ever going to be "the man". Fangio has seen Drew Lock up close for 2 years.....the very fact that when they aquired Bridgewater and Fangio announced it would be a 50/50 competition should have told everyone his opinion on Locks future in Denver with Fangio.

Another thought...Lock didn't get a training camp last year in shurmurs offense..but he did get to play in it all last season, and all offseason this year...If Teddy picked it up as well or better in a shorter timeframe...that's not good either.

And for conspiracy theory people.......Fangio may well feel like Elway screwed him by not aquiring a solid VET last year and making him roll with Lock, then the scrubs that came in after him when he was hurt. Fangio probably knows he's out after this year barring a playoff win or two. He may well shun Lock and make sure he 100% never produces anything for Elway/Denver by starting Teddy.

Anyhow....I think they roll with Teddy even thought that isn't the best thing for the team.

Giving Fangio this year....probalby a waste of a year and mistake.

28. The Following User High Fived Zerovoltz For This Post:

Boy oh boy did I say this was going to happen. Those last week were waaaaay to jumpy for drew. This week they are too jumpy for theodore.

To answer the original question it will be lock. It will. As I have maintained our QB is not on our roster. But call me the rainmaker because we beat the crap out of 2nd and 3rd teamers. Everyone is sooooo KneeJerk. it will be drew but both QBs are meh. Both will have great games and both will have bad games.

I am surprised anyone is surprised.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

30. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information