Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Seahawks 08/21/21

Adopted Bronco:
    Dewayne Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    See the quote above.

Regarding the "you know that," comment: if you're saying that I'm intentionally being misleading, then that's a frustration. Please clarify your position so I can properly respond.

See your reply quoted 4 lines below in italics. You know that there were different situations being set for both the QBs in this game. That you equate them as the same when analysing the performance of both is what is misleading. These are not the same parameters given to the two QBs, And why was TBW only put in that situation 4 times vs. 18? Is TBW not supposed to also use that 3WR set?

He misdiagnosed the blitz and screwed up the play. Not only did he send only one TE to that side he didn't recognize the rest of the pressure. How many times did you hear Tony Romo say in the booth the the extra man is the QB's job? Stop making excuses. He patently screwed up.

I watched the Seattle feed since I am in Portland. I Didn't hear Romo at all... although he has said that many times, I know. (But Seattle announcers said it was unblocked sack so easy for the D ). I already ceded the fault to Lock according to your analysis.

I don't care if they had different playcalling because: the OC needs to see different things out of different players.[/B] Lock won't always be able to just rely on a run game and PA attack. ( neither will TBW) Sometimes he's going to be able to make the most of his stud WR's, the trio, and run that out there. Shurmur wanted to presumably see if Lock made progress there. The results weren't great.

So 3 FGs is a zero, despite the difference in personnel? This, I don't get!

And of course they weren't given the exact same scenarios and opportunity, but did that bother you last week? Does it not bother you that only one of the two QB's can say they played well in both games?
    I think Seattle has a better D than Minnesota. Also Carroll HATES to lose, and he plays EVERY game to win, preseason or not, starters or not. It probably really got him Po'ed that Denver kicked their collective butt.
    And I think that TBW playing well last week is fine. What I dispute, is your saying Lock did not do well at all, against Seattle. Teddy got 14 points with 3 4th down plays in three drives. Lock got 9 points in 5 drives with lesser personnel and, apparently, a different offensive scheme used by the coaches, for whatever the reason. He was put in a different situation as far as the game went. That is my point about your analysis.

We are ( I guess ) finally going to have decision on our starter this week ( Maybe). I will get behind whichever guy gets the job , and get behind the guy that replaces him if that happens. I am a fan of the Broncos since 1965, and I will ALWAYS support them. The great times are more fun than the last 5 years but it is what we stick around for, why we keep coming back. What we , as fans, do and say here, is no more than noise. It is only opinions, not fact. I hope to see one more superbowl before I am gone. Maybe i'll get lucky. I hope so.

Ps..sorry..the quote function seems to work a bit different here than the mane. had trouble getting it to work the way I wanted.
    Last edited by scottxray; 08-23-2021 at 10:28 PM.
    10-6, 2-14. 8-8 and Now 11-6
    I'm In it for the LONG Haul!

2. The Following User High Fived scottxray For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Z
    Quote Originally Posted by scottxray View Post
    The same 3WR offense? So why did TBW only have 4 plays with that "common ' offense and Lock 18? Lock had 2 O line starters vs 4 ( or 5 if Bolles played at all...unlikely?) for about 10 plays...then no O line Starters. Did Sutton, Jeudy or Hamler play with Lock, at all? His first drive was 3 plays. Your "these are the same " arguments are questionable. I think that you are not comparing apples and apples here, and you know that. But hey, I'm new and you are not. Yes, he misdianosed the blitz ( or the fact that 3 Linemen just screwed up totally and let rushers through) on the first play ( if you know what all the assignments were for each player). That sack happened really fast ( like less than 2 seconds). Good analysis, yes. Lock could have done better, assuming he tried to adjust. You said in another thread the first play sack set the tempo and inability to get out of the losses on second and third. I agree. What about the other drives? Did Lock do anything you thought was good?

All I know is that this was not a situation where both QBs were given the same situation or circumstances .
    Yeah, Nate Jackson was talking today about the fact that BW had about 3 or 4 plays in the 3 WR look-our weakness-, and Lock had about 18 in that formation. So the question is, why did Lock get a less favorable situation? Some may say that Shurmur was intentionally making BW look better because that is who he wanted to win from the beginning. I have a hard time believing that.

I would say that the reason Lock got so many 3 WR sets is because it was the personnel grouping that Lock threw the majority of his int’s at last year, and the coaches was looking to see if he has improved there. Even though Lock didn’t look great, he didn’t implode, nor throw a pick, so I think he passed that test.

FWIIW, Orlando Franklin has always been a BW fan, but actually was impressed with Lock under the circumstances. I’m not sure it will matter, but stranger things have happened.

4. The Following User High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information