Thread: Sources -- Pac-12, Big Ten, ACC discussing formation of alliance, likely around scheduling

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sources -- Pac-12, Big Ten, ACC discussing formation of alliance, likely around scheduling

The Pac-12, Big Ten and ACC have had preliminary discussions about forming an alliance, likely built around scheduling but possibly other areas, sources told ESPN.

Commissioners George Kliavkoff (Pac-12), Kevin Warren (Big Ten) and Jim Phillips (ACC) have been in regular communication and have had some in-person discussions. Kliavkoff and Warren were together this week for Rose Bowl meetings. Pac-12 sources said all three commissioners met last week in Chicago.

"I've been in frequent and regular contact with all of the other A5 commissioners the last few weeks about the four or five complex issues that are facing our industry," Kliavkoff told ESPN on Friday night. "Anything beyond that is just speculation, and I can't comment on it."
    rest - https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ely-scheduling

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

This is a leverage play to try to keep the pressure on the complete consortium of Power 5 conferences to keep the 12-team playoff plan moving forward. Interesting that Big 12 is just in the wind, though.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    This is a leverage play to try to keep the pressure on the complete consortium of Power 5 conferences to keep the 12-team playoff plan moving forward. Interesting that Big 12 is just in the wind, though.
    The 12 team playoff would definitely seem to fit a 4 conference structure better. I think the big 12 is done by the time this new playoff format actually begins.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Now that the SEC is expanding to 16 teams and the playoffs are expanding to twelve teams, I'm sure SEC fans are asking which four of their teams won't make the playoffs.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

The mythos around the SEC is interesting.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The mythos around the SEC is interesting.
    The mythos is to some extent real. It’s going to be interesting to see if Oklahoma and Texas can maintain any success when going up against Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU routinely. They would routinely have four teams in a 12-team playoff in the current conference alignment. But at some point, you do eat your own in terms of wins and rankings.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information