Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Broncos SUCK!

8/21/2021

Broncos fans are still debating Lockwater. You can have a midling QB and succeed, but that usually means there is a good line or good running game to help......

You have Garrett Bolles and a bunch of JAGS as your line. I can't see it working out well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Ooooooope

.....8/25/2021......

The Broncos decided it was absolutely worthwhile to give Vic Fangio ANOTHER YEAR!!!! so that they could....

1. not draft a young QB
    2. bring in Teddy Bridgewater to provide competition for Drew Lock
    3. Actually have Bridgewater WIN said competition.

.....the Carolina Panthers are paying millions of dollars to NOT START for them...in favor of......checks notes...............Sam Darnold.

Thats where Denver is..... You have a QB that is being paid to stay away from another team....win a QB "competition".

Man....seems so worth giving VIC ONE MORE YEAR! I mean....what would have happened if he was just let go? .....couldn't possibly be worse than this could it?

The BRONCOS S U C K!

5. The Following User High Fived Zerovoltz For This Post:

Broncos fans and media arguing over which turd at QB smells better.

You guys are becoming 90’s era Chiefs fans.

I'm looking forward to this schedule driven 10 win team getting to the playoffs and doing nothing.....

As a Chiefs fan, I am hoping for Fangio to be retained. Bridgewater to be resigned to a long term deal. Broncos making wild card round for the foreseable future and never winning a playoff game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
    I'm looking forward to this schedule driven 10 win team getting to the playoffs and doing nothing.....

As a Chiefs fan, I am hoping for Fangio to be retained. Bridgewater to be resigned to a long term deal. Broncos making wild card round for the foreseable future and never winning a playoff game.
    So you're hoping for the Broncos to essentially become what the Chiefs have been for the better part of the last 30 years?

#haymaker
    #thatboydead
    #lookinthemirrorvolts
    #thatisyourhistory
    #yourmommastank

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    So you're hoping for the Broncos to essentially become what the Chiefs have been for the better part of the last 30 years?

#haymaker
    #thatboydead
    #lookinthemirrorvolts
    #thatisyourhistory
    #yourmommastank
    YES....EXACTLY. You guys NEED a good dose of 90's / 2000's Chiefs style fandom....where you are always making the playoffs and never accomplishing anything. That kind of pain is WAY worse than this summer cold pain you have going 6-10 or 7-9 over and over. That just makes you kind of numb and apathetic. You start to care less that way. Winning....and more importantly HOPE, that you can win, and then fail...way worse....when it comes over and over and over again.

I would happily concede a good number of division titles to your fine team in exchange for each one of those seasons ending in a loss in the wild card or divisional playoff rounds each time....especially at home to KC whenver possible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
    YES....EXACTLY. You guys NEED a good dose of 90's / 2000's Chiefs style fandom....where you are always making the playoffs and never accomplishing anything. That kind of pain is WAY worse than this summer cold pain you have going 6-10 or 7-9 over and over. That just makes you kind of numb and apathetic. You start to care less that way. Winning....and more importantly HOPE, that you can win, and then fail...way worse....when it comes over and over and over again.

I would happily concede a good number of division titles to your fine team in exchange for each one of those seasons ending in a loss in the wild card or divisional playoff rounds each time....especially at home to KC whenver possible.
    So in other words, what would have been one of your franchise's best runs = a low for Denver.

Got it.

So in other words, what would have been one of your franchise's best runs = a low for Denver.

Got it.
    If that's how you want to look at it.....the point being....in my opinion, it's much more agonizing to believe you are close and never get there, than to be the bengals or browns etc...wehre you go 4-12 every year and you are just numb to it.....

Interesting that you consider the Chiefs 90's and 2000's as a "good era" as if KC achieved anything...according to Broncos fans...winning championships are what matters.....having any pride etc in a non championship team etc ....is "what chiefs fans do" and not Bronocos fans.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Glad we've established that one of the best runs in KC history would be a lowlight for Denver.

Good work.

Glad we've established that one of the best runs in KC history would be a lowlight for Denver.

Good work.
    ....you are out of step with your Broncos brethern....90's/2000's Chieifs was not one of our best runs......not by Bronco fans stated standards....there was no run at all...no championship was won.... KC has had 2 great runs...the current run...and the AFL years run.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

The problem is that said run also extended into the 2000's.

That's sort of my point.

I'm also not a Broncos fan.

The problem is that said run also extended into the 2000's.

That's sort of my point.

I'm also not a Broncos fan.
    ....OK.... well...not sure what we are debating here....

My point remains...I think the most suffering a fan can do is when he beleives his team is good...year after year...but it's never actually good enough. That is a grind. I say this because I remember when KC had some outstanding, deep rosters, that had game manager QB's...always so close....even would win divisions, beat good teams in the regular season and then couldn't get past a hall of fame QB in the playoffs year after year after year. I know that Denver fans have had stretches of dissappointment like getting to superbowls in erarly John Elway career era and not winning....but mostly, that era on into the Super Bowl 50 win...is considered a long sustained period of success. Denver is due some consternation.

To that end, I don't think Fangio is a SB coach unless he had a bonafide SB QB. I don't believe Denver has that. I do think the team is pretty good and I certainly think this schedule is favorable to make a wild card appearance.....and time will tell..but I fully expect any playoff appearance to be very brief. As I consider the coahc/QB combo you currently have, to be limited....I'd love for that pairing to be retained so that it can keep a cap on Denvers post season potential for the forseable future. That is all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I didn't read all of those words.

My point is that whether it was in the 90's or in the majority of the 2000's, KC was a team who had 'runs' that consisted of being good, but not a SB championship caliber team. That was the bulk of your success.

If Denver has a mini playoff drought -they do- and then falls in line with that via Fangio, average Qb play, etc. then they'll basically have their floor of success matching the bulk of yours.

In other words, you don't have much room to talk .

Hope you have a nice weekend, ZV.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information