Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Broncos SUCK!

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Then why did you high 5 my post

I don't know if the majority view over at OM was completely different then here, but these are the views that the majority have been posting since Manning retired. Again, I'm not saying that I agree with all of them; but that the majority of them members that have been posting here since long before the demise of your site do.
    Am I not allowed to give you high five ?
    They don’t make real men anymore

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

To be super blunt, when you compare franchises KCL is drastically worse in comparison.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
    LOL.....yes you are right about BOTH. Denver plays @ KC in Week 18. KC will have the 1 seed locked up by then and will rest all the starters. Denver will need that win to secure the final wild card...

Ahhhh, the memories!

I remember very well a cold January day in 1998.. .

The Chiefs had the #1 seed and the Broncos were a wild-card team.

The rest is history. KC. didn't win a playoff game for something like 22 years after that while the Broncos won 3 SuperBowls.

Chiefs Suck.
    Last edited by NightTrainLayne; 08-19-2021 at 08:48 PM.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Ahhhh, the memories!

I remember very well a cold January day in 1998.. .

The Chiefs had the #1 seed and the Broncos were a wild-card team.

The rest is history. KC. didn't win a playoff game for something like 22 years after that while the Broncos won 3 SuperBowls.

Chiefs Suck.
    Yes....back then KC DID suck. Couldn't get the QB position right....had rosters that could go 13-3 with.........checks notes........Steve freaking Bono.....

I'll save you some trouble. KC sucked until we got Mahomes....Denver sucks now and has been sucking since the last piece of confetti hit the ground at SB 50. I like to think Championships have about a 5 year "shine" where you can bask in that achievement for a while and then after so long (5 years) it's time to show something promissing or at least demonstrate that your team has maintained some level of competative relavance.

The shine of 50 is off. You guys suck. It's a QB driven leauge and you don't have one. And the last few veteran saviors Romo - Rodgers.....did not fall into your laps like Manning. Elway is retiring, the ownership is a hot mess...your coaching staff is on a lame duck year....was hired to keep an imaginary window open where they would win with D and just play game management offense...and picked Flacco....wich didn't work...yet you've kept Elmer Fudd around to "develop" a fringe, flawed 2nd round QB for yet another year.

For having the best 52 - the QB roster alledgedly....it sure doesn't show......again, going 13-3 with Steve Bono at QB...is what it ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE when you have the best 52 and nothing at QB.

The Broncos ......SUCK.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Yes....back then KC DID suck. Couldn't get the QB position right....had rosters that could go 13-3 with.........checks notes........Steve freaking Bono.....

I'll save you some trouble. KC sucked until we got Mahomes....Denver sucks now and has been sucking since the last piece of confetti hit the ground at SB 50. I like to think Championships have about a 5 year "shine" where you can bask in that achievement for a while and then after so long (5 years) it's time to show something promissing or at least demonstrate that your team has maintained some level of competative relavance.

The shine of 50 is off. You guys suck. It's a QB driven leauge and you don't have one. And the last few veteran saviors Romo - Rodgers.....did not fall into your laps like Manning. Elway is retiring, the ownership is a hot mess...your coaching staff is on a lame duck year....was hired to keep an imaginary window open where they would win with D and just play game management offense...and picked Flacco....wich didn't work...yet you've kept Elmer Fudd around to "develop" a fringe, flawed 2nd round QB for yet another year.

For having the best 52 - the QB roster alledgedly....it sure doesn't show......again, going 13-3 with Steve Bono at QB...is what it ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE when you have the best 52 and nothing at QB.

The Broncos ......SUCK.
    It sure does take you a whole lot of words to make your argument.

7. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    It sure does take you a whole lot of words to make your argument.
    Was there an argument in there? I must have blown right by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

He actually argued with himself a little bit. It's weird to go "you don't have the best/top roster," and then go "you're screwed because you don't have a QB in this league," while pointing to a team from a different era that was stacked but had no QB. The era changed and QB's are that much more important. You could get there by making other arguments about the roster, but he didn't do it. If anything, this should count as pro bono work on my end.

tl;dr - ZV used words in an unstylish manner.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He actually argued with himself a little bit. It's weird to go "you don't have the best/top roster," and then go "you're screwed because you don't have a QB in this league," while pointing to a team from a different era that was stacked but had no QB. The era changed and QB's are that much more important. You could get there by making other arguments about the roster, but he didn't do it. If anything, this should count as pro bono work on my end.

Uh....Once The Bears had won a championship in 85 with nothing at QB...that was the last gasp of the non QB era. It mattered then, and matters more now.

The list of QB's that KC lost to in the playoffs between 90 and 2015 or so.....could make a whole wing of the Hall of fame.

I guess Elways first 3 super bowl appearances.....because they all came in a era where according to you, it was much more a team game....Elway didn't matter, or drag some shabby rosters to AFC titles....it was the team. Here I thought Elway was the best to ever do it...turns out it was Steve Sewell and the three amigos this whole time carrying him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

None of that is a rebuttal to what I said, though. In fact, a lot of it is gibberish. I typically wouldn't be so uncouth, but this is the smack forum. You need to work on argumentation, coherency, and brevity.

Since I'm feeling charitable: several teams won a SB post85 with no real QB. Tampa Bay had a lackluster QB. The Redskins won a SB with a backup QB. Joe Flacco is arguably on that list as well.

You're welcome.

Fine....back to my original point then.....the Broncos don't have a super bowl roster....the type that gets you a title with a middling QB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Fine....back to my original point then.....the Broncos don't have a super bowl roster....the type that gets you a title with a middling QB.
    They're not too far off my boy. Not too far off at all.

Now my Steelers, unfortunately. We goin' get styled on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm encouraged. Chiefs fans are using words now, this is a start.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm encouraged. Chiefs fans are using words now, this is a start.
    One day those warnings on cigarette packaging will make sense to them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

One day those warnings on cigarette packaging will make sense to them.
    Well they might be able to parse the strangle symbols, but I doubt it will square with their worldview.

19. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Well they might be able to parse the strangle symbols, but I doubt it will square with their worldview.
    They wouldn't hack it in Egypt. But their favorite God would be Anoobis.

Boom.

Roasted.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information