Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chiefs don't suck

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
    If my team was the Broncos....I'd probably also be looking for enjoyment elsewhere too.
    You'd also be rooting for the strictly superior franchise.

....So, by your logic....If I were a Yale college football fan.....I'd be a fan of the superior college football program because they've won a ton of national titles.....even though they've done nothing of relavance since 1900

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

....So, by your logic....If I were a Yale college football fan.....I'd be a fan of the superior college football program because they've won a ton of national titles.....even though they've done nothing of relavance since 1900
    I'm amazed by how awful this comparison is.

Sir, I tip my hat to you; that is one of the worst arguments I have ever seen.

4. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

You didn't make an argument at all...you simply stated the Broncos were the superior franchise without any explanation why. So...what makes the Broncos superior.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

You didn't make an argument at all...you simply stated the Broncos were the superior franchise without any explanation why. So...what makes the Broncos superior.
    Hold on, I'm still laughing at you.

7. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

....you got anything of substance?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

....you got anything of substance?
    I mean that hasn't stopped you.

Denver has more SB wins and appearances. Those are the hallmarks of a franchise. They also didn't go 20-odd years without a playoff victory.

But yeah, I was chuckling at your argument/logic structure.

You seem like a nice guy. I'm glad you're here.

...I don't really want to have an argument about the list of achievements that the Broncos and Chiefs have overall. I concede that point to the Broncos. They've had a long run of sustained success and an impressive trophy case to show for that. In reference to the poster who went and enjoyed the super bowl where KC got whipped....my comment....as you well know.....was in reference to the product the Broncos have put on the field in more recent seasons.

I am SURE I would have posted something similar when Denver got crushed by the seahawks....certainly my teams on field product was crap and all I could enjoy were things like that super bowl or the ravens and Flacco with that long TD pass in the playoffs....

KC is clearly the superior franchise at this time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

...I don't really want to have an argument about the list of achievements that the Broncos and Chiefs have overall. I concede that point to the Broncos.

KC is clearly the superior franchise at this time.
    I don't blame you for having to have that conversation.

KC is better right now, but not better all-time.

Tampa is the better franchise over Pittsburgh. No one would argue the point all-time.

This is the same thing, but to a lesser extent.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

KC's starting O line in preseason game 1.

LT Orlando Brown
    LG Joe Thuney
    C Creed Humphrey
    RG Trey Smith (steal of the draft)
    RT Lucas Niang

Small sample size..SF didn't have starters on field....but given those circumstances.....this line looked good.

10 yard run up the gut on first play...also converted 2 thrid and shorts running the ball. KC has SUCKED at that for years.

Chris Jones beat SF starting C for a sack. D line looked deep at DT.

If the KC O line becomes what it looks like it could become.....they will be very good and should be together for a good 4 years. Mahomes in a pocket is deadly.....and KC, with the full playbook available becasue they can run, especially in short yardage and at the goal line....will be damn near impossible to stop.
    Lucas Niang might be the Next Ju’Wuan James, I like him but he’s soft. I’m dubious about Brown’s fit in that offense, he’s a mauler, not a dancing bear.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Lucas Niang might be the Next Ju’Wuan James, I like him but he’s soft. I’m dubious about Brown’s fit in that offense, he’s a mauler, not a dancing bear.
    This is legit. Brown is a better fit where he was in Baltimore....a very run orietned team. He isn't a perfect fit in KC for sure. My counter argument would twofold.

1. I'll take his run blocking prowess because ....
    2. When you have Mahomes behind even a half way barely average line, his effectiveness isn't diminished much. ...it's when you have Mahomes behind 2nd and 3rd stringers against a great 4 man front that he finally is rendered ineffective.

I think Brown will mostly try and ride speed rushers around and to the outside and to the rear of the pocket. He'll be exposed to a good DE that can make a good move back to the inside....

I think Reid understands that....you'll see a whole lot more double TE and or FB on the field this year...Mahomes doens't need to be in shotgun 5 wide to light it up in the passing game.

This is an issue that they can and will work around.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

This is legit. Brown is a better fit where he was in Baltimore....a very run orietned team. He isn't a perfect fit in KC for sure. My counter argument would twofold.

1. I'll take his run blocking prowess because ....
    2. When you have Mahomes behind even a half way barely average line, his effectiveness isn't diminished much. ...it's when you have Mahomes behind 2nd and 3rd stringers against a great 4 man front that he finally is rendered ineffective.

I think Brown will mostly try and ride speed rushers around and to the outside and to the rear of the pocket. He'll be exposed to a good DE that can make a good move back to the inside....

I think Reid understands that....you'll see a whole lot more double TE and or FB on the field this year...Mahomes doens't need to be in shotgun 5 wide to light it up in the passing game.

This is an issue that they can and will work around.
    So they’ll keep Kelce in to help him? Cool.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I mean that hasn't stopped you.

Denver has more SB wins and appearances. Those are the hallmarks of a franchise. They also didn't go 20-odd years without a playoff victory.

But yeah, I was chuckling at your argument/logic structure.

You seem like a nice guy. I'm glad you're here.
    A very amusing fact is the Chiefs did go 50 years without a super bowl appearance. Last time they saw a super aside from the last two seasons was when the partridge family was on prime time. ��

16. The Following User High Fived Canis Major For This Post:

It's official, the Chefs do suck!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Kansas City is top heavy offensively. That is a bit of an issue.

But more importantly, your team is arrogant and is resting on their laurels.

You won't make the SB this season.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information