Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitch Trubisky: Broncos starting QB 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Yeah but it says he's a trusted analyst so I'mma go with that.
    He said, as he went weapons free and the AGM 65's began to hum......
    Last edited by Timmy!; 07-30-2021 at 12:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

When the Fangio/Lock/Bridgewater extravaganza fails to produce this year, we are much more likely to go after Jimmy G to pair with a new coach. If they wanted to kick the tires on Trubisky they would have already done so.

Why are we taking on the OM's trash here anyway? Can't we put this to a vote or something? I've seen some quality posters migrate over here, but it looks like we burned through that cream of the crop pretty fast. Agamoron is probably trying to figure out how to make an account as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    When the Fangio/Lock/Bridgewater extravaganza fails to produce this year, we are much more likely to go after Jimmy G to pair with a new coach. If they wanted to kick the tires on Trubisky they would have already done so.

Why are we taking on the OM's trash here anyway? Can't we put this to a vote or something? I've seen some quality posters migrate over here, but it looks like we burned through that cream of the crop pretty fast. Agamoron is probably trying to figure out how to make an account as we speak.

I am not proposing that the Broncos would aquire Trubisky as the next starting QB. I am saying that he'll be a FA, has a lot of starting experience and will be cheap. He's the kind of guy you sign to hold the spot for a guy you draft.

Are you suggesting that Paton, is going to hire a new coach and then tie his career to Jimmy G....you think Paton and a new coach won't want to explore the draft...Jimmy G is option 1? Please god let it be true.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

If the Broncos don’t make the playoffs with either Lock or Teddy, they will either be trading for Rogers, Watson, or drafting a guy. Paton is going to give the young gunslinger in Lock one more year to prove it and he brought in Teddy to help or just to take the job of Lock can’t. There’s no flipping way we go into next season with another retread bullshit QB.

I really hope Lock can be the guy. If not, I really hope Teddy can (dude’s only 28). It would be awesome if our QBOTF was already here. If that proves not to be the case with this roster, we won’t be signing any more washouts from other teams. Paton will have a QB before the start of the 2022 season.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

6. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Yeah I doubt it, there noway in hell Paton is going to clean house if this year is a huge fail and start over at QB with a failed experiment in trubisky as the guy.

Drew Lock will live out his contract in Denver regardless of what happens this year, if he fails this year we’re definitely drafting a 1st round QBOTF and the writing would really be on the wall for lock then, but it makes no sense to just dump him as if he’s making huge money and couldn’t serve as a back up or somebody to compete against the rookie in year one because not every rookie should just be thrown into the damn fire.

Also no to Jimmy Garapolo! No retreads!

10. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Drew Lock will live out his contract in Denver regardless of what happens this year, if he fails this year we’re definitely drafting a 1st round QBOTF and the writing would really be on the wall for lock then, but it makes no sense to just dump him as if he’s making huge money and couldn’t serve as a back up or somebody to compete against the rookie in year one because not every rookie should just be thrown into the damn fire.
    We cut Paxton Lynch before his rookie contract was up. They absolutely could dump Lock if he flamed out this year.

you guys didn't read my post and use what I like to call "comprehension".

Trubisky, under the scenario I laid out...would not be "the man". He'd be "the placesholder" for a guy you'd draft. The odds of this playing out aren't great, but they go up quite a bit if the Broncos next coach is Brian Dabol.

It would still bring a smile to my face to see Trubisky in a Bronco uniform.

It would make me even happier to see ceramic Jimmy in one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post

Trubisky, under the scenario I laid out...would not be "the man". He'd be "the placesholder" for a guy you'd draft. The odds of this playing out aren't great, but they go up quite a bit if the Broncos next coach is Brian Dabol.

I hopped on the Jimmy G train day 1 in SF.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Lyle Alzado

You will be crapping your underwear if it’s Watson or Rodgers.

15. The Following User High Fived QBronco For This Post:

I won't be happy to see Watson. Watson would mean KC is having to compete hard just to get a home playoff game year to year. New Englands dynasty was helped along quite a bit by playing in a bad division.....It would be fun for the rivalry and I'd love some good competative games...but Watson is game changer in the division. Rodgers....eh....that would be fun...but he way more football behind him than he has in front of him. Might be a couple years of Denver being legit then back to meh again.

In ANY case....I am supremely confident that a Pat Mahomes led Chiefs team can win any game anytime.

I am not proposing that the Broncos would aquire Trubisky as the next starting QB.
    Looks at the thread title........

No, that's exactly what you are proposing.

New message board, same stupid takes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

This whole thread is silly You're addressing after the season in training camp. Concern yourself with Lock and Bridge first.

If Den is in the market for a QB next year and it's Trubisky it's purely as a backup. If Den is looking at a QB in 22 it'll be Rodgers or someone in the Draft.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBronco16 View Post
    Looks at the thread title........

No, that's exactly what you are proposing.

New message board, same stupid takes.
    Because if you go that route....Trubisky would start 2022 as the starting QB....that's whole point of the thread....the REASON he'd start would be to hold the spot until the new guy was ready to START.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information