Page 18 of 158 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp starts today!!! - Updates and thoughts here

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Oh wait you are saying turnover creation is the goal so it's the mirror of offensive black swan shit. Aite man. I'll resign this game and set up the pieces for the next one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Oh wait you are saying turnover creation is the goal so it's the mirror of offensive black swan shit. Aite man. I'll resign this game and set up the pieces for the next one.
    Yes I am. Why did the Broncos win in 2015? Turnover creation, my man.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Eye to eye.

Dang, would have been a blast to join yall.
    Then you better show up next time.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

One does not need a big arm to make an explosive play. Esp if the threshold is 15 yards min.

Rypen put his whole body, his whole life into a 50 yard td to jeudy. He is the definition of NOT a big arm qb. But ryp also cannot make the throw to hamler today that drew did. Just can't do it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    One does not need a big arm to make an explosive play. Esp if the threshold is 15 yards min.

Rypen put his whole body, his whole life into a 50 yard td to jeudy. He is the definition of NOT a big arm qb. But ryp also cannot make the throw to hamler today that drew did. Just can't do it.
    You don’t need it, but it does make the odds of occurring with your skill set more likely, thus increasing the odds that you can create an explosive play.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Explosive play starts in the mind of the offensive genius. The QB needs to recognize the opportunity. This is the height of abstract playmaking, and it's total PFM stuff. The 'Jeudy right before he goes into his break and creates the separation' that leads to massive YAC or a TD because of the coverage shift on account of the play design.

It takes anticipation and abstract reasoning. You have that and an NFL arm, and some grit, come QB for my team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

That touchdown to Hamler was a beauty……

Teddy has been teddy though, dumping passes off to the backs. As expected.

Teddy is not going to go out and do anything to take the job, he’s going to hope lock does something to lose the job. I’m sorry but that’s not going to win game’s. It’ll get mc manus a fat new contract from all the field goals he’ll attempt though.

The good thing is lock is actually going out there taking the job and he’s showing he can play teddys check down game as well.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

You don’t need it, but it does make the odds of occurring with your skill set more likely, thus increasing the odds that you can create an explosive play.
    You have been Mia for some time!
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I wish I could @Buff and make his phone blow up. The reason quarterback upside is so tied to arm talent is this:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-best-of...uccaneers-2021

Explosiveness, especially in the last 5 to 10 years is so important. Arm talent generates explosive plays. Sure, making the right reads and getting into the right sets and recognizing the defense is awesome, but man if you can’t generate explosive plays with a big arm in the passing game, you’re not going to win.
    I don’t even think arm strength is really that much of a problem with Teddy. He can make up for arm strength with accuracy and anticipation. I think Teddy’s problem is 100% mental. I don’t think he sees it as a problem, though. I think, given the opportunity, Teddy won’t throw downfield or throw a low percentage throw (15+ yards or even 10+ In certain situations) if a less risky check down is available unless that downfield shot is wide open like nobody within 10 years of the receiver.

Teddy is every defense’s dream because they know in their heart that if they give Teddy the easy, safe, underneath throw, he’s gonna take it and as long as they make the tackle it’s 3 and out. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady generate explosive plays and don’t have cannons. Drew Brees, too. Teddy has an NFL arm but somewhere along the way, someone broke him of any gunslinger mentality and just trained him to play safe, so that’s what he does. 180-200 yds per game passing, 1 TD and <1 int per game, high completion percentage but low 3rd down conversion percentage, and low explosive play percentage.

The problem is, this is a defensive minded coach’s dream because they always think that they can win with defense if they minimize turnovers. Teddy is the prototype QB for Fox ball. We all know how much we loved Fox ball…

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Explosive plays are 20+ yard pass and 15+ yard run. If team can create 5/6 explosive plays a game they 90% of winning a game. The Chefs can create 5/6 explosive plays in qtr.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

17. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Translation for those new to hawgdriver:

The QB situation is bleak--I had hope for Lock. There are subtle details from this and the new OM Chiefs dude that are not refuted. Plus Buff, UR, Ferguson, and MO. The combo of this and my feeling about the Shurmur/Lock dynamic give me a strong predictive feeling that Lock *is not* a long term answer.

I can roll with Teddy and hope he thrives in a badass D, min risk situation. But deep down I see that as a 'wait for Mahomes to buttrape us in playoffs' thing.

I am only satisfied with Championships, it's weird. I'll take the Tebow to DT playoff moments when they come, but the revulsion of the loss to the Patriots the following week showing how false was the Tebow concept...that almost cancelled it.

Because I only want Championships, and there is no QB on this roster to do that, I'm just in this state of Lovecraftian despair. They must have known this when they passed on Fields. Maybe Rodgers is the plan. I don't know. But we just hired this Paton dude, and the Bowlen void has only grown into more of a neutron star black hole singularity.

Eh.

Enough melodrama. Let's get to the games and go from there.
    I haven't given up on Lock and if he doesn't start I am really going to be pissed. Teddy is nice and that is the only thing good you can say about him, because when you start talking football there are no superlatives.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

19. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I don’t even think arm strength is really that much of a problem with Teddy. He can make up for arm strength with accuracy and anticipation. I think Teddy’s problem is 100% mental. I don’t think he sees it as a problem, though. I think, given the opportunity, Teddy won’t throw downfield or throw a low percentage throw (15+ yards or even 10+ In certain situations) if a less risky check down is available unless that downfield shot is wide open like nobody within 10 years of the receiver.

Teddy is every defense’s dream because they know in their heart that if they give Teddy the easy, safe, underneath throw, he’s gonna take it and as long as they make the tackle it’s 3 and out. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady generate explosive plays and don’t have cannons. Drew Brees, too. Teddy has an NFL arm but somewhere along the way, someone broke him of any gunslinger mentality and just trained him to play safe, so that’s what he does. 180-200 yds per game passing, 1 TD and <1 int per game, high completion percentage but low 3rd down conversion percentage, and low explosive play percentage.

The problem is, this is a defensive minded coach’s dream because they always think that they can win with defense if they minimize turnovers. Teddy is the prototype QB for Fox ball. We all know how much we loved Fox ball…
    ^^ This again. Love me some Fox ball...
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This makes me feel all warm and tingly inside. Literally no excuse for whichever guy is the QB not to perform.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Our wide receivers are all top notch and we have some tight ends that are cut at the style of Shannon Sharp, big can catch the ball and can win one on one battles as opposed to plow thru people, and they have speed.
    Let’s see who emerges as our slot wide receiver. I have reasons to believe our running game will be an unexpected pleasant surprise.
    We’ve got the pieces in place to be a good team, let’s wait and see how they will be plugged in. Lots of talent and a very young team that can grow together if we’re smart about it and the right decisions are made.
    Last edited by Strafen; 07-31-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information