Page 25 of 158 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp starts today!!! - Updates and thoughts here

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It's literally only the Lock apologists using TB as the measuring stick by how awesome Lock is. People who live in reality see that both are probably mediocre options at best.
    I already know what Teddy Bridgewater can bring to the table. I’m not totally sold on Lock being as bad as some of you think he is, not all. I believe this season is when we’ll know for sure where he’s at and what kind of quarterback we have given that he’s walking into a much improved team all around set up for him to be successful, no excuses.
    A year under the system, a more stable offensive line that by all accounts probably will take a couple of games into the season to achieve cohesiveness, nonetheless a much better OL.
    Lock put his work during the off-season and never let the distractions around the Aaron Rodgers talk affect him in anyway.
    I’m all for giving him a chance to prove what he has to offer this season.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Tannehill was kinda always a stud, but got Carr'ed a little bit. Like Steve Young a tiny bit, not saying Tannehill is a first ballot HOF qb, just saying that Young looked like warmed-over ass in Tampa Bay.

Let's just say Tannehill's success in TN shouldn't have shocked anyone.

If Lock's ceiling is Tannehill, and I'm not sure why we are comparing these two, but if it is, I'm good with that.
    I think Tannehill gets brought up so much because he was a "late bloomer" so that gives hope for Lock. But again, if one actually looks at what he did in Miami, he was a very solid QB from his second year on. I'd also be thrilled if he became Tannehill, but I just don't see currently where his trajectory matches that.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I think Tannehill gets brought up so much because he was a "late bloomer" so that gives hope for Lock. But again, if one actually looks at what he did in Miami, he was a very solid QB from his second year on. I'd also be thrilled if he became Tannehill, but I just don't see currently where his trajectory matches that.
    100 agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Tannehil just couldn’t stay healthy that’s what did him in early. When he did play he was pretty good.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Tannehil just couldn’t stay healthy that’s what did him in early. When he did play he was pretty good.
    He was under Adam Gase. Who went from a NFL Head Coach to OC at Michigan HS.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

8. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    He was under Adam Gase. Who went from a NFL Head Coach to OC at Michigan HS.
    This is why I actually think someone like Darnold might be a more apt Tannehill comparison. Top 10 talent, got drafted into a completely awful situation which included being coached by Gase. It wouldn't shock me if he were good in Carolina with more competent offensive coaching and better talent around him.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Lyle Alzado

We have been told this is a 50/50 competition for the starting quarterback position for the Denver Broncos by the people whose jobs depend on the decision.

They have had 4 training camp practices, so far. I think it is way too early to make any presumptions on which quarterback is doing better. For one thing, all we have to go on are reporters’ opinions on any given day. We are also not privy to the meetings and film study between practices.

I really do not see any resolution until maybe the third preseason game. By then, the coaches should have enough time and observation to make the choice that needs to be made. To argue which quarterback is going to be the best quarterback seems a bit silly based on what has transpired this past week. They are just getting started. Give it some more time to manifest.

12. The Following User High Fived QBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by QBronco View Post
    We have been told this is a 50/50 competition for the starting quarterback position for the Denver Broncos by the people whose jobs depend on the decision.

They have had 4 training camp practices, so far. I think it is way too early to make any presumptions on which quarterback is doing better. For one thing, all we have to go on are reporters’ opinions on any given day. We are also not privy to the meetings and film study between practices.

I really do not see any resolution until maybe the third preseason game. By then, the coaches should have enough time and observation to make the choice that needs to be made. To argue which quarterback is going to be the best quarterback seems a bit silly based on what has transpired this past week. They are just getting started. Give it some more time to manifest.
    Unfortunately for Drew, who really needs the reps, you're probably right.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Hey, remember when gase was here and everyone was gaga over him and like Mccoy before, I did not like him at all. Got flamed by so many here. And now its concensus he sucks. His play calling was garbage.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Hey, remember when gase was here and everyone was gaga over him and like Mccoy before, I did not like him at all. Got flamed by so many here. And now its concensus he sucks. His play calling was garbage.
    Your want us to suck you off or something?

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Your want us to suck you off or something?
    Is that on the table?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

18. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by QBronco View Post

If Lock could separate himself early on, it would be really good for the team.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Because Lock was one of the worst quarterbacks in football last year. The start is extremely promising and really nice to see. It’s a marathon not a sprint.
    And because none of this really means anything. It's going to come down to preseason games and how they do against another D that's allowed to hit.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    And because none of this really means anything. It's going to come down to preseason games and how they do against another D that's allowed to hit.
    Even preseason games I don't put that much stock into. Everyone is running base vanilla shit. We won't know until the real games start if Lock has actually turned a corner.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    While I agree that this early stuff probably doesn’t mean much in the long run, I do think an extremely poor performance across multiple days could lose the job.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

25. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information