Page 15 of 158 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp starts today!!! - Updates and thoughts here

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    That explains things. But why?
    Prob because when we video we can show the formations of the O and the D and the broncos do not like that.

Even the media never shows the angles like we would see in games, etc. Its because they do not want their formations, etc to be on video.
    I do not even say anymore if its 2 wide, 3 wide, etc. Not like anyone will be reading my posts, but still. I will just say PA boot or shotgun, etc.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    he halfway there in 3 days
    There's a big difference between getting a TD in a redzone drill and getting a TD when you have to drive 80 yards against another team. You're really stretching here if this is your best argument for Lock.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That explains things. But why?
    Football coaches are a paranoid breed.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Football coaches are a paranoid breed.
    To be fair you know Belichick sends 31 moles dressed as other teams fans to every camp.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I’m glad to hear that guys like Jeudy and Surtain look the part and are doing well. It always helps when your first round picks pan out. As far as the QBs, 7 on 7s don’t mean squat. I can’t wait to see how they do once the real bullets start flying. I also want to see how the other guys (like Jeudy) does then. Just because he’s catching the ball when nobody is hitting him doesn’t mean he’s going to win those contested catches in real games or those where he knows he’s gonna get popped. Those are the ones that test your mettle and ability to be the guy on Sunday. In passing drills and practice, he knows Jackson or Fuller isn’t gonna light him up if he goes over the middle for a ball. Real football is different than practice.

If Drew can’t read defenses and throw accurate passes when under the gun, it doesn’t matter what he does in practice. If Teddy can’t find his cajones and continues to choose the 2-3 yard dump off over the more aggressive, yet open, 10 yard downfield throw, then it doesn’t matter if he’s 3 for 3 or 0 for 3 if he can’t get first downs. I do love camp reports and I get as excited as anyone, but until there’s another team lining up across from our guys ready to go 100%, it doesn’t mean a damned thing.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

8. The Following 8 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Here are some of Nick Ferguson's thoughts on Lock vs Bridgewater:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Can Two Yard Teddy do that ? Can Two Yard Teddy do that?

Hell naw!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    As far as the QBs, 7 on 7s don’t mean squat.
    Yep.

If he cant do it during live games than what he does in practice dont mean diddly. Im not going to get to excited for him until its translated to the field in a live game environment. If he can do that than great but until its much ado about nothing.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I know it's just a dumb highlight reel, but he can throw a mid-deep ball when he wants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjxbKyGZzTo

15. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Lock and Jeudy in year 2 gunna be nice.

Last edited by ShaneFalco; 07-30-2021 at 05:53 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

It says alot to me when watching the highlight video ( for what its worth), Teddy is hitting the tes and rbs down 5yds out. And Drew is gunning it to the WRs vertically and across the field.

It would be a shame to waste such receiver talent on someone who is afraid to throw to them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    To be fair you know Belichick sends 31 moles dressed as other teams fans to every camp.
    Fair.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

19. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Ive used this exact argument for Gordon and against Lindsey against you all last year sir.

PS. Point out how many TDs were scored directly as a result of gordons fumbles. (You never have)

Yes, drew ran in for about 7 yards. I tweetered it. He had a WR open. Cant remember which now, spencer again I think, he stared the WR down the whole time. D read it. Drew broke contain and then could have scored, but ran it in. Basically the Winner to Hamler against the chargers last year- that except he ran in this time instead of throwing it....And the play started at the 7 yard line not the 1.
    And I told you then what I’ll tell you now. I do believe one his fumbles cost Denver a game. And drops aren’t turnovers, fumbles are.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I know it's just a dumb highlight reel, but he can throw a mid-deep ball when he wants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjxbKyGZzTo
    The coaches have a lot to evaluate. Like I said before, counting up training camp stats is pretty useless, and it’s not how coaches will make their decision either.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information