Page 6 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp starts today!!! - Updates and thoughts here

Fine.

I had my mobile office set up to go to today, but then people happened and I have to clean up their mistakes (as always) and cant do that at camp.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    We deserve both if you're taking today off.
    Why dont you flake out of work and get your ass down here? Have you ever even been to a TC?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

One QB has been ahead since minicamp IMO. Teddy with 1st reps today and clearly looked better.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived The1percentKid For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Why dont you flake out of work and get your ass down here? Have you ever even been to a TC?
    I went once a couple years ago and that was enough for me. Parking is a mess, and the vantage point sucks where they keep fans by the end zones. It's kind of cool to get a feel for who is doing what (I remember Tim Patrick and Isiah McKenzie both passed the eye test when I was there, which I wouldn't have been able to get without seeing them myself) - but half the drills are taking place on the opposite side where you can't really tell what's going on.

Anyway - I'm grateful for those of you who enjoy going! Now entertain me!

7. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

9. The Following User High Fived The1percentKid For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by The1percentKid View Post
    The beat writers have all mentioned it, except O’Halloran, who doesn’t seem keen on tweeting out camp stats (can’t really argue against that). The day to day is kind of useless, to be honest. I can’t imagine either guy changing much. Bridgewater is a risk averse accurate passer who will turn the ball over only a few times. Lock has a lower floor and a higher ceiling, and carries lots of risk. This all comes down to how much risk does Fangio want?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Broncos practiced offense extensively today on red zone situations. That was a problem for yams last year and I’m glad they have some sort of blueprint to improve on areas we were lacking last year!

13. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The beat writers have all mentioned it, except O’Halloran, who doesn’t seem keen on tweeting out camp stats (can’t really argue against that). The day to day is kind of useless, to be honest. I can’t imagine either guy changing much. Bridgewater is a risk averse accurate passer who will turn the ball over only a few times. Lock has a lower floor and a higher ceiling, and carries lots of risk. This all comes down to how much risk does Fangio want?
    Smo! whats up man. Havent seen you in a while.

Whoever it will be will have a short leash. Fangio is 0-7 in September and his job security can’t afford a QB producing gutterballs in September.

We’re going to be better than last year and that’s regardless who the QBs are going to be. I look at this team and on paper looks like they have something special. This team looks great on the secondary, our defensive front is healthy, the offensive line is way better and perhaps the best OL we’ve had in quite sometime, top shelf receiving corps; We’ve drafted a running back that promises to move the chain and then some, even on special teams there has been some good addition at punter and lots of guys that can run with the best of them!
    Let’s see how this appreciation translate onto the field!
    Last edited by Strafen; 07-29-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Lock has a lower floor and a higher ceiling, and carries lots of risk.
    We really have to move beyond this talking point in this QB battle. I'm not directing this at you -- at all of us collectively.

Does having a stronger arm and trying to fit more balls downfield into tight windows really constitute higher upside if you can't throw from the pocket under pressure and lead the league in INTs? We all want to believe Lock has higher upside, but it's all based on hope really.

Regarding the day-to-day performance, I will put a lot more stock in the camp reports when everyone is at full speed, in pads, during 11 on 11.

18. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by The1percentKid View Post
    Whoever it will be will have a short leash. Fangio is 0-7 in September and his job security can’t afford a QB producing gutterballs in September.
    A QB yo-yo…

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    We’re going to be better than last year and that’s regardless who the QBs are going to be. I look at this team and on paper looks like they have something special. This team looks great on the secondary, our defensive front is healthy, the offensive line is way better and perhaps the best OL we’ve had in quite sometime, top shelf receiving corps; We’ve drafted a running back that promises to move the chain and then some, even on special teams there has been some good addition at punter and lots of guys that can run with the best of them!
    Let’s see how this appreciation translate into the field!
    …will kill any hope that they utilize this roster.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The reports on the QBs through 2 days is kinda my worst case scenario. Lock better yesterday, TB today. We need one to clearly establish himself.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

We really have to move beyond this talking point in this QB battle. I'm not directing this at you -- at all of us collectively.

Does having a stronger arm and trying to fit more balls downfield into tight windows really constitute higher upside if you can't throw from the pocket under pressure and lead the league in INTs? We all want to believe Lock has higher upside, but it's all based on hope really.

Regarding the day-to-day performance, I will put a lot more stock in the camp reports when everyone is at full speed, in pads, during 11 on 11.
    Just because it’s a simple way to assess the situation doesn’t mean it’s just a talking point. His ceiling is higher, and we know exactly what Bridgewater is. He’s a quarterback who makes the correct reads, and even when the correct reads are made still may not make the throw and check the ball down to avoid disaster. Meanwhile, Lock has the arm to complete every throw on the field and the gunslinger nature to attempt it. It’s not a “talking point” to say the latter has more upside and more downside, because we have 20 years of this current version of the NFL and we know Chad Pennington can get you to the playoffs and produce mediocre years but Eli Manning can win you a Super Bowl. I don’t know if those are necessarily good comps because both of those quarterbacks are better than these quarterbacks, but it’s the general situation we find ourselves in in terms of talent.

24. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Just because it’s a simple way to assess the situation doesn’t mean it’s just a talking point. His ceiling is higher, and we know exactly what Bridgewater is. He’s a quarterback who makes the correct reads, and even when the correct reads are made still may not make the throw and check the ball down to avoid disaster. Meanwhile, Lock has the arm to complete every throw on the field and the gunslinger nature to attempt it. It’s not a “talking point” to say the latter has more upside and more downside, because we have 20 years of this current version of the NFL and we know Chad Pennington can get you to the playoffs and produce mediocre years but Eli Manning can win you a Super Bowl. I don’t know if those are necessarily good comps because both of those quarterbacks are better than these quarterbacks, but it’s the general situation we find ourselves in in terms of talent.
    I understand the argument and have perpetuated it myself, but I am saying that we derive too much of that conclusion based on physical traits and not performance.

One could reasonably argue that Brett Rypien has a higher ceiling than Lock because he knows WTF is going on around him. He can read defenses and anticipate throws better and his skillset translates from college to the pros better. But of course we dismiss that immediately because we're so trained to emphasize draft slot and physical abilities.

Anyway, I go back to Bill Parcells "You are what your record says you are" and if Lock keeps on his current trajectory, at some point his arm strength and physical abilities can no longer be classified as "upside" when in aggregate he cannot perform consistently.

I think ultimately we're kind of on the same page - I'm just not sure we always conceptualize upside correctly with the QB position.

26. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information