Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello From Orangemane Closure!!

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

If we can keep the crazy people like BroncoBuff, Taco John, and that Gaffney guy off of here I think everything will be fine.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by The1percentKid View Post
    What up Beavis. Ya what Drunkmonkey said.

There’s some threads around including this one that explains some of it. Bottom line is Buff couldn’t handle Ghaffney anymore. Buff mentioned the plans to go after him and threatened to pull TJ into litigation. Buff wanted to force disclaimers under all of ghaffneys posts because Buff thinks we are all too stupid to form our own opinions on it. Can you imagine the door that opens with that? 90% of all OM posts were opinions a lot of which were false conspiracy from both sides. Every post would be eligible under Buffs “demands”. If Taco didn’t bow to Buff then the threat was on the table. That makes it multiple times Buff has screwed things up. Rev situation I guess had threats of suing from him too.

Was only a matter of time before the whole thing sat on a grenade.
    So was a lawsuit actually filed, or merely threatened? I'd ask for at least a $5k retainer before taking on that kind of work. Was the dude who threatened it a lawyer? That's a lot of cheddar to light on fire because you are butthurt over opinions.

Not to stir the pot in terms of the who's right and who's wrong of it--but to better understand if the animosity was $5k animosity.

That's just an expensive amount of hate in your heart if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    So was a lawsuit actually filed, or merely threatened? I'd ask for at least a $5k retainer before taking on that kind of work. Was the dude who threatened it a lawyer? That's a lot of cheddar to light on fire because you are butthurt over opinions.

Not to stir the pot in terms of the who's right and who's wrong of it--but to better understand if the animosity was $5k animosity.

How do you even sue someone over a website unless it’s over ownership? Sounds pretty weird to me.

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    How do you even sue someone over a website unless it’s over ownership? Sounds pretty weird to me.
    ikr

I can't even get worked up enough to find out!

Good to see you, PAGs. How's this season looking for y'all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

ikr

We’re going to take it day by day… who the eff knows. I think the D will be solid and QB is a mystery at this point.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I dont know what the real answer is there but when you allow that much hatred and venom to be spewed at one another that can generally lead to worse feelings and bitterness. I had seen a post by Footsteps that i had not initially seen and man that dude was saying some god awful things to TJ. I get it that personal experiences and viewpoints can differ but allowing stuff like that to fester especially on the web can only lead to a black heart. I dont think anything on the web should end up where the Mane did in terms of someone trying to sue the site over hard feelings, etc.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

ikr

We should sue Pags for his lake.

Hi pags.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Think twice about taking King up on his offer. He's a lawyer, so anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law
    Considering the Orangemane owner had a run in with a lawyer (so he says) I think I'll stay away from them.

16. The Following User High Fived BamaBronco16 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBronco16 View Post
    Considering the Orangemane owner had a run in with a lawyer (so he says) I think I'll stay away from them.
    I'm in between question sessions for the bar, but I really am a nice person. I promise.

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Ya he’s a lawyer. This just sent TJ over the edge he was already standing on. He didn’t file anything but did threaten to drag the site into a lawsuit so Buff can “put ghaffney in his place”. TJ doesn’t want any added headache so this was the right time to make the decision. The place was deteriorating the last 2 years. Massive traffic from posters who werent even Broncos fans but pretended to be just to post politics only. Like posters with 100K posts with maybe 20 total in football threads. Buff backtracked but it was too late.

And now there’s a ton of refugees scattering across forums. Orange mane Reddit. Southstands site. Broncos country. Here. Etc etc.

Can’t wait for the 30 for 30

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont know what the real answer is there but when you allow that much hatred and venom to be spewed at one another that can generally lead to worse feelings and bitterness. I had seen a post by Footsteps that i had not initially seen and man that dude was saying some god awful things to TJ. I get it that personal experiences and viewpoints can differ but allowing stuff like that to fester especially on the web can only lead to a black heart. I dont think anything on the web should end up where the Mane did in terms of someone trying to sue the site over hard feelings, etc.
    Footsteps was a gutterball bozo of a poster. He self announced his exit from OM forever in his “flexit” thread. Really there was only one mod who roamed the site regularly. Blue. Dom did but lately he had real life engagements to attend to. Other mods like Archer and Socal have been gone quite a while.

It was a true Wild West free for all. I flourished with guns blazing the whole time.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived The1percentKid For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
    FTG. He was the reason Rev left too, IIRC.
    There was a lot more to it than that -- behind the scenes and all. But it is what it is.

Just wish Buff would have added Gaff to his ignore list and moved on with life.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Midnight Blue For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

From the perspective of an individual who witnessed the entire exchange -- it was messier than what was out in the open. And what was public was --very disappointing.

What the suggested legal action was intended to do was an injunction against a single poster. But the forum would have been involved as well. No paperwork was filed, but yes, the guy is an attorney, so of course, it was all taken seriously.

The attorney genuinely believed that stopping the posting of vaccine disinfo would save lives and he didn't foresee what the reaction was going to be.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Midnight Blue For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    There was a lot more to it than that -- behind the scenes and all. But it is what it is.

Just wish Buff would have added Gaff to his ignore list and moved on with life.

Hello Blue. Ya There’s reasons why Rev was allowed all his threads and posts to disappear.

I have to use a new AV cause I found out the one I was using is now CP’d and infringement tags all over it. Lol. This one suits me just fine, except the inaccurate part of smoking.

27. The Following User High Fived The1percentKid For This Post:

Without dragging it all back up, he said he was going to go to superior court and file for a restraining order against OM, if he could get a day off work to spend it downtown and scrounge up $300 (filing fee--- never really got that part), to force the OM to delete or put warnings on Covid misinformation. Something like that. Anyway, as TJ said, that was the straw, but not the only factor in his decision.

29. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information