Thread: Surprised at Broncos Record Since 2017

Default Surprised at Broncos Record Since 2017

I was reading Peter King's Football Morning In America article for this week and was shocked to see/read the following
    Since 2017, these teams have the worst regular-season records in the NFL:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen-Shot-2021-07-24-at-8.08.37-AM.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	18686
    I must not have been paying attention because I had no idea that the Broncos had the 5th worst record in the NFL since 2017. If I had been asked where the Broncos record fell during the last four seasons, I would have guessed in the middle because I thought/assumed they had 7-9 or 8-8 records in those seasons. Now I better understand why die-hard Broncos fans have been so upset and disgusted with the Broncos lately because I would not have thought that the Lions or the Browns had a better cumulative record during the past four seasons.

Do you attribute the Broncos recent struggles to the front office, the coaching, the QB, other positional players and/or some combination of those issues? Do you honestly (not with orange and blue tinted glasses) feel and believe that the Broncos have addressed and resolved any issues you believe they have had with their front office, coaching, QB and/or other positional players? If so, which issues do you believe they have addressed and resolved and which issues, if any, do you believe they have failed to address and resolve?
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    I was reading Peter King's Football Morning In America article for this week and was shocked to see/read the following
    I must not have been paying attention because I had no idea that the Broncos had the 5th worst record in the NFL since 2017. If I had been asked where the Broncos record fell during the last four seasons, I would have guessed in the middle because I thought/assumed they had 7-9 or 8-8 records in those seasons. Now I better understand why die-hard Broncos fans have been so upset and disgusted with the Broncos lately because I would not have thought that the Lions or the Browns had a better cumulative record during the past four seasons.

Do you attribute the Broncos recent struggles to the front office, the coaching, the QB, other positional players and/or some combination of those issues? Do you honestly (not with orange and blue tinted glasses) feel and believe that the Broncos have addressed and resolved any issues you believe they have had with their front office, coaching, QB and/or other positional players? If so, which issues do you believe they have addressed and resolved and which issues, if any, do you believe they have failed to address and resolve?
    Combo. Some injuries. Coaching turnover. Some bad drafting choices.

In the end, rarely can you win without a good QB, and that's a huge part of it. Prior to that, Broncos had one of the best regular season records (I think second only to the Pats) over the previous two or three decades. Until the Broncos get stability at QB, they aren't going to be back to the top.

3. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Combo. Some injuries. Coaching turnover. Some bad drafting choices.

In the end, rarely can you win without a good QB, and that's a huge part of it. Prior to that, Broncos had one of the best regular season records (I think second only to the Pats) over the previous two or three decades. Until the Broncos get stability at QB, they aren't going to be back to the top.
    The highlighted portion of your post is exactly the reason I was so shocked and surprised to see their recent record. Not following the Broncos as closely as you and the other Broncos fans on here, I knew the Broncos had experienced some down years recently, but thought or assumed the down years had been around 500 due to the highlighted portion of your post.

We can ALL agree that the Broncos need to sweep the Chiefs and Raiders this season!!
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    para: [Why do Broncos suck since 2017?]
    Leadership. Elway filled the Bowlen void kinda, for a while, then Manning filled it, and now we have nothing with no strong leadership at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Biggest contributing factors:

-- Leadership vacuum created by Peyton and Kubiak departing in successive years.
    -- Vance Joseph was ill-prepared to be an NFL Head Coach.
    -- Elway's panic acquisitions of Joe Flacco and Case Keenum were wasted years.

...It's hard not to lay most of it at Elway's feet honestly. He bungled the coaching situation, he bungled the QB situation, and he was too short-term focused throughout his tenure. It was great he handed the reigns over to Paton -- and maybe Paton is finally thinking longer term, but the most likely scenario is that we head into 2022 with a new head coach, a new offense, a new defense, a new QB and a long ways to go to be a Super Bowl competitor again.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

The biggest issue was refusing to rebuild post SB win. Going for the playoffs the following year while short-changing offers to studs like Campbell and the like wasn't a good idea, either. No need to go over the insane decisions of TS, CK, Flacco, drafting PL when it was known he had work ethic issues. No one defends those now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Had Oz stayed that first year they are back in the playoffs and maybe would have banged out a couple of better seasons. Perhaps that would have allowed Kubiak to hang on awhile longer. Been a wasteland at QB and baaaad coaching hires is never a good combo for success.

13. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

There was similar mediocrity after Elway retired. The team made the playoffs a few times, sure, but was never going to make any noise. 7-9 and missing playoffs vs. 9-7 with serious flaws aren't that much different, with the Broncos basically playing that level of offense now twice a year with Mahomes in the division. If the Chiefs didn't have a QB, maybe momentum changes 2 or 3 games in the win column each year? Who knows?

This is one of the youngest rosters in the NFL, so this year will determine a lot as far as the future direction of the team is concerned.

But no, doesn't surprise me. This team was a pile of hot garbage under VJ, and Fangio has lost a lot of close games. Last year too many injuries.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Shitty Avg. Joe blow QB decisions like Flacco lead to Shitty records. if Teddy starts it will be the same this year a mediocre record, a blowup of everything and then as Buff mentioned maybe 2022-2023 we get where we need to go provided the GM is actually good and this Teddy B bullshit is simply a outlier......
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Then why in earth did you champion Flacco E wtf
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Then why in earth did you champion Flacco E wtf
    Your lucky I like you
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information