Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Broncos/Bowlen Trial Stayed

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'd rather take my chances on an unknown owner at this point that the known chaos of limbo we've had in place.
    But why? The only reason I ask is, it’s just as likely the Broncos are sold to a shitty owner who only wants the Broncos as a business asset like the Spanos, or worse wants to use it as his own fantasy football team like Jerruh or Dan Snyder. We won a Super Bowl 6 years ago without a true owner (The trust had been in charge for a while then). I think it’s a 50/50 chance, if we’re lucky, that we get a decent owner. Fortunately, we aren’t one of those teams that can’t get fans into the stands, but just because they are a super-rich businessperson (like the ones with the money to be the majority owner of the Broncos), doesn’t mean they’ll be good at it and act in the best interest of the team.

A lot of people have started to blame the fact that we don’t have a true owner on our recent troubles but is a new owner going to come in and magically pull a pro bowl QB outta his or her ass? This roster is solid AF. We’re a QB away from being one of the best, if not the best, team in the AFC. I don’t know what a new owner does to change that.

By show of hands, how many think Bowlen would’ve fired Elway (which lots of millennial Broncos fans were screaming for of late)? How many think he’d have prevented Elway from hiring any of the coaches that he hired while he was GM? About the only thing I can see that an owner could’ve done last year is maybe force the NFL to reschedule the QB-less game vs NO debacle. Other than that? I dunno, I guess I worry that we’ll get a shitty owner too much. There are so many of them out there. The trust hasn’t been spectacular, but they’ve mostly kept Pat’s vision alive and haven’t meddled too much in day to day ops.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

2. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    But why? The only reason I ask is, it’s just as likely the Broncos are sold to a shitty owner who only wants the Broncos as a business asset like the Spanos, or worse wants to use it as his own fantasy football team like Jerruh or Dan Snyder. We won a Super Bowl 6 years ago without a true owner (The trust had been in charge for a while then). I think it’s a 50/50 chance, if we’re lucky, that we get a decent owner. Fortunately, we aren’t one of those teams that can’t get fans into the stands, but just because they are a super-rich businessperson (like the ones with the money to be the majority owner of the Broncos), doesn’t mean they’ll be good at it and act in the best interest of the team.

A lot of people have started to blame the fact that we don’t have a true owner on our recent troubles but is a new owner going to come in and magically pull a pro bowl QB outta his or her ass? This roster is solid AF. We’re a QB away from being one of the best, if not the best, team in the AFC. I don’t know what a new owner does to change that.

By show of hands, how many think Bowlen would’ve fired Elway (which lots of millennial Broncos fans were screaming for of late)? How many think he’d have prevented Elway from hiring any of the coaches that he hired while he was GM? About the only thing I can see that an owner could’ve done last year is maybe force the NFL to reschedule the QB-less game vs NO debacle. Other than that? I dunno, I guess I worry that we’ll get a shitty owner too much. There are so many of them out there. The trust hasn’t been spectacular, but they’ve mostly kept Pat’s vision alive and haven’t meddled too much in day to day ops.
    We've been one of the worst franchises in the league since Pat died. And we clearly have zero clout with the league anymore after how they dicked us with the Hinton game last year. This franchise needs a real owner. I get that there's a risk that a buyer could be Snyder-esque. But the Bowen sisters clearly seemed prepared to fight this out in court for years, and if the only way to settle it was to just sell the team, I'd rather just have an owner now ASAP instead of becoming more and more of an afterthought of a franchise under the trust.

There are still enough people in the trust connected to Bowlen who want this team to win that I think they'll try their best to sell to someone whose priority is winning. If Manning joins an ownership group and they buy, I'd feel really good about that.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Manning and Elway joining forces with an ownership group... I'd get on board for that.

5. The Following 6 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Peyton Manning probably Doesn’t have enough money to buy the team. But it would be nice having a guy with that brain leading the franchise from up top.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Peyton Manning probably Doesn’t have enough money to buy the team. But it would be nice having a guy with that brain leading the franchise from up top.
    No, but he could join a group as a minority owner.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    No, but he could join a group as a minority owner.
    Yeah but what’s the fun in that? He’d just be a guy instead of THE guy.

Yeah but what’s the fun in that? He’d just be a guy instead of THE guy.
    Because the broncos are worth about 5 BILLION. Peyton does not even have 1 billion. Neither does Elway. So they would have to pool. Its not about not wanting to be the guy its about $ and how freaking much 1 Billion is.

This entire board combined would not equal a Billion. Even with Vettes Plus sized tiny penis, Pags and everyone else. A billion is a lot. But they need 5. Its not feasible. Its absurd how much money that is.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

10. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Because the broncos are worth about 5 BILLION. Peyton does not even have 1 billion. Neither does Elway. So they would have to pool. Its not about not wanting to be the guy its about $ and how freaking much 1 Billion is.

This entire board combined would not equal a Billion. Even with Vettes Plus sized tiny penis, Pags and everyone else. A billion is a lot. But they need 5. Its not feasible. Its absurd how much money that is.
    Nope, it's not $5 Billion.

They would need more like $7 Billion imo. Sales price will be closer to $7B than $5B.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

I feel you man but I think we need one owner.

14. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I feel you man but I think we need one owner.
    There'd still be a majority owner to call all the shots. But ownership groups buying teams is pretty much the norm now.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

If the Broncos are for sale, Jeff Bezos could be the buyer

https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...ncos-ownership

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    ATTENTION everybody … Tned has a concealed carry thingy majigg.

You’re welcome, Tned, bask in the glory you so dearly seek.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

I think Mr. B would have at most, given Elway even more latitude on spending money to bring in FA's, hiring the best coaches, etc.

I agree, I think Ellis and the trust have run the organization pretty much just like Mr. B did for decades. Look at the Franchise between Elway and Manning. Not the greatest results. Even the Broncos before the late 90s were a mixed bag, until Elway was finally given some real weapons/good coaching to win as a "team."

In this league, it's the rarest of rare exceptions when you can win without a very good, if not great, QB. The Broncos have failed and succeeded on QBs, and have yet to draft one, in it's entire history, that is that great QB.

It's easy to blame the trust, or even Elway, but it's really not stepping back and looking at it in light of the whole league.

Adopted Bronco:

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    18h
    Spoke with respected lawyers Giovanni Ruscitti (Wallace/Klemmer) and Dan Reilly (Bowlen Trustees) today. Neither would comment on or off record but both seemed in good spirits following case dismissal. #9sports

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    Jul 14
    Dismissal court document says:
    Mr. Ellis, Mr. Slivka, and Ms. Kelly, as the duly appointed trustees under the PDB (Pat Bowlen) Trust, have the full and complete authority to administer the PDB Trust in accordance with the terms and provisions of the PDB Trust. #9sports

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    · Jul 14
    9News breaker: Parties have agreed and Court finds:
    2009 Estate Planning Documents as amended are valid, enforceable, and reflect Patrick D. Bowlen’s intent and will. Petitioners will no longer contend the 2009 Estate Planning Documentswere the result of undue influence. #9sports twitter.com/writerkev/stat…

Kevin Vaughan
    @writerkev
    · Jul 14
    BREAKING: @9WantsToKnow has confirmed the lawsuit filed by two of Pat Bowlen's daughters has been dismissed. The motion to dismiss the case was filed by Amie Bowlen Klemmer and Beth Bowlen Wallace. It's not clear what it means for the future ownership of the team. @MikeKlis

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information