Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Demaryius Thomas Retires

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Jeff Legwold
    @Jeff_Legwold
    ·
    Jun 28
    In his time with Broncos, from quiet rookie to Super Bowl winner fiercely battling a hip injury to keep playing, Demaryius Thomas was always honest, witty, tough, professional and I simply thank him for all the time he gave me

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I'm stoked this happened, I was not okay with how fast he fell out of favor. John should have know better and treated him more fairly, however I get the business side though with injuries. Glad he is retiring a Bronco now though, cant wait to flaunt his jerseys I have again. It just didn't feel right wearing them when he wasn't playing for us, but retiring a bronco, what a great thing to see. So glad it is coming full circle......
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I'm stoked this happened, I was not okay with how fast he fell out of favor. John should have know better and treated him more fairly, however I get the business side though with injuries. Glad he is retiring a Bronco now though, cant wait to flaunt his jerseys I have again. It just didn't feel right wearing them when he wasn't playing for us, but retiring a bronco, what a great thing to see. So glad it is coming full circle......
    I'm curious what you mean by he should have been treated more fairly. He was basically cooked when we let him go. Played a year and a half of medicore football after we traded him and he was done. Elway did great to get any value back for him at all. We all appreciate what he did for the Broncos, but you can't let nostalgia get in the way of what's best for the team.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm curious what you mean by he should have been treated more fairly. He was basically cooked when we let him go. Played a year and a half of medicore football after we traded him and he was done. Elway did great to get any value back for him at all. We all appreciate what he did for the Broncos, but you can't let nostalgia get in the way of what's best for the team.
    He was clearly on the decline when he was traded. I thank him for all his work for the Broncos, but he was done.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

8. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I literally said I understood why with it being a business. Just sucked at the time because it was a bitter split and lets be honest injuries or not Elway was a bit of a dick about saving money lol
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I literally said I understood why with it being a business. Just sucked at the time because it was a bitter split and lets be honest injuries or not Elway was a bit of a dick about saving money lol
    So are the Pats. You gotta be to stay competitive. IIRC, didn't he even let DT go somewhere he wanted? Houston was as great a landing spot as he could have hoped for playing alongside Hopkins and having Watson at QB. If Elway really wanted to be a dick he could have shipped him to the Jets or something. Elway might be a penny pincher, but I feel like he usually did right by guys who were long time Broncos when it was time to let them go.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Still felt real bad for such a solid dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

12. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Per Adam Schefter - After 11 NFL seasons that included 9,763 receiving yards and a load of big plays, Broncos’ WR Demaryius Thomas is retiring from the NFL.

In an era of huge and fast WR's, DT stood tall among his peers

Man if only he had a quarterback like Manning his entire career! He’d definitely have way more than 10.000 yards! Dudes a hall of famer in my books and definitely a ring of famer legendary bronco! Yet another guy broncos fans wanted to dump after one year. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I'd like to read the long feature story about what went wrong in DT's professional or personal life. Great career - but the decline at the end felt precipitous, was that all injuries?
    It was definitely injuries, the nagging hammy and knee injury’s was slowing him way down.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Some decent catches here...

My goodness! To be that big with that 4.3 speed and pretty good route running is absurd! Absolutely love DT

16. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information