Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB players caught using foreign substances on balls to be ejected, suspended for 10 games

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default MLB players caught using foreign substances on balls to be ejected, suspended for 10 games

Pitchers will be ejected and suspended for 10 games for using illegal foreign substances to doctor baseballs in a crackdown by Major League Baseball that will start Monday.

The commissioner's office, responding to record strikeouts and a league batting average at a more than half-century low, said Tuesday that major and minor league umpires will start regular checks of all pitchers, even if opposing managers don't request inspections.

Repeat offenders will receive progressive discipline, and teams and club employees will be subject to discipline for failure to comply.

Umpires will perform period checks of all starting and relief pitchers on both teams throughout each game, MLB said. Starters will be subject to more than one mandatory check each game and relief pitchers must be checked once they conclude an inning in which they entered a game or when they are removed from a game, whichever comes first, MLB said. Catchers will be subject to routine inspections and position players may be searched.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ended-10-games

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Get ready to see spin rates dramatically decline in the coming days.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

3. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Also, please God, don't let the Astros be one "those" pitching staffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Also, please God, don't let the Astros be one "those" pitching staffs.
    My dodgers are, unfortunately

I hate it!

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

How many times have you been caught with foreign substances on your balls, King?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    How many times have you been caught with foreign substances on your balls, King?
    Sideways 8

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    My dodgers are, unfortunately

I hate it!
    Bauer was doing it to mock MLB. He’ll be fine.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Bauer was doing it to mock MLB. He’ll be fine.
    It's embarrassing for the franchise though

We cried (rightfully) foul because the Astros stole and needed to cheat us for a World Series! That's fair to do, but when you cheat after that, it's frustrating!

I hate it!

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The Astros didn't steal a World Series. That's outright fiction.

Yes, sign-stealing was done during the 2017 season. That's not in dispute. But it's been pointed out that the Astros didn't use the system deep into the postseason because of all the extra MLB security hanging around the clubhouses and dugouts which would have noticed them cheating if they'd tried it.

The Dodgers lost because the Astros found Yu Darvish was tipping his pitches (https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/12/12/do...-series-astros) and Darvish admitted this after the series when he was shown the videotape of it. How he set the ball in his glove before throwing was the tip. That's how Games 3 and 7 were lost. Also, the Dodgers lost Games 2 and 7 on their home turf where the Houston video system could not have been in place.

It should be noted that the 2017 Astros were a better road team (53-28) than home team (48-33) and scored more runs on the road (501) than at home (395) so the whole trashcan banging system was actually a failure which is why they stopped using it.

As Casey Stengel says, "you can look 'em up".
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

14. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    The Astros didn't steal a World Series. That's outright fiction.

Yes, sign-stealing was done during the 2017 season. That's not in dispute. But it's been pointed out that the Astros didn't use the system deep into the postseason because of all the extra MLB security hanging around the clubhouses and dugouts which would have noticed them cheating if they'd tried it.

The Dodgers lost because the Astros found Yu Darvish was tipping his pitches (https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/12/12/do...-series-astros) and Darvish admitted this after the series when he was shown the videotape of it. How he set the ball in his glove before throwing was the tip. That's how Games 3 and 7 were lost. Also, the Dodgers lost Games 2 and 7 on their home turf where the Houston video system could not have been in place.

It should be noted that the 2017 Astros were a better road team (53-28) than home team (48-33) and scored more runs on the road (501) than at home (395) so the whole trashcan banging system was actually a failure which is why they stopped using it.

As Casey Stengel says, "you can look 'em up".
    I'm going to give you a chance to recant

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

We cried (rightfully) foul because the Astros stole and needed to cheat us for a World Series! That's fair to do, but when you cheat after that, it's frustrating!

I hate it!
    It’s not embarrassing to anyone. Every franchise had people using substances.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I hate it!
    The Astros didn't need to cheat to win, which is the very unfortunate thing. They have the best offense in baseball right now and, as far as I know, are doing it without the help of cameras or trash cans.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    The Astros didn't need to cheat to win, which is the very unfortunate thing. They have the best offense in baseball right now and, as far as I know, are doing it without the help of cameras or trash cans.
    Don’t do this: I don’t want to hit you in the crossfire!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Don’t do this: I don’t want to hit you in the crossfire!
    Bring it on sister.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It’s not embarrassing to anyone. Every franchise had people using substances.
    I disagree, but that's alright!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information