Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave’s latest will I make it to a game this year thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I keep reading the title of this thread as "Dave's last will and testament".

Wishful thinking.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Ah, you're right. Wasn't thinking of other pieces being on board. This is why I suck at chess.
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    Dont take your hand off of the piece until you get your opponents reaction. I do that and I win at chess
    Chess is cool. The anticipation and influence is such a fun way to go. The only thing I do not like about chess is that there are a finite amount of moves/strategies. Granted there are a whole million more than I want to learn, but as per the board there are only so many moves and resulting outcomes from such. Not saying I have the capacity to know them all. Just that it is finite.

I like things that have endless abilities and outcomes, one that cannot possibly be learned over years. There in lies my problem with chess. In a very shallow frame of mind it is a game of time. The more time one spends within it the stronger they are. That holds true to everything, no doubt. Endless outcomes and possibilities are not a direct result of time.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The problem with chess is that openings are rote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Chess is cool. The anticipation and influence is such a fun way to go. The only thing I do not like about chess is that there are a finite amount of moves/strategies. Granted there are a whole million more than I want to learn, but as per the board there are only so many moves and resulting outcomes from such. Not saying I have the capacity to know them all. Just that it is finite.

I like things that have endless abilities and outcomes, one that cannot possibly be learned over years. There in lies my problem with chess. In a very shallow frame of mind it is a game of time. The more time one spends within it the stronger they are. That holds true to everything, no doubt. Endless outcomes and possibilities are not a direct result of time.
    There are more possible positions on a chessboard than any computer could ever compute over hundreds and hundreds of lifetimes. The possibilities essentially are endless in terms of what any human could ever figure out in their life.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Chess960 solves this, and I kinda prefer it to standard chess.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Any news on when Mr Biden is planning to open up America for Travel?

This is really the only thing that is stopping me booking at present.

Just got my ESTA approved
    I worked at a call center for US Passports about 2 1/2 years ago. One of the biggest lessons that many of our callers learned the hard way is that you should go to the authoritative website run by those who actually create and enforce the rules, as well as having access to the most up-to-date info on the entry requirements of the country they are traveling to, state.gov. Even the most legitimate travel agencies aren't tied at the hip to the US State Department and may therefore have outdated information. Other website that you'll randomly come across during your web search are scams.

To make a long story short, a politically astute Autistic friend of mine was able to find what appears to be your country’s version of our state.gov website. If you're going to spend $1,000s to come over here, I'd urge you to go there to get all of your info:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

11. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

There are more possible positions on a chessboard than any computer could ever compute over hundreds and hundreds of lifetimes. The possibilities essentially are endless in terms of what any human could ever figure out in their life.
    I know it is extremely complex as the decision tree grows and its response, but I did not realize it is endless. I did not know that it is more than any computer could ever compute either. For some reason I was under the impression that the computers had it sorted and that is why bobby fisher was such a big thing, because they did not have all the programming in at the time he smoked it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

13. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I know it is extremely complex as the decision tree grows and its response, but I did not realize it is endless. I did not know that it is more than any computer could ever compute either. For some reason I was under the impression that the computers had it sorted and that is why bobby fisher was such a big thing, because they did not have all the programming in at the time he smoked it.
    Chess has only been solved for situations with 7 or fewer pieces total on the board. It's called the tablebase. They are working on 8 right now, but every extra piece exponentially increases the number of solutions. They are still years from solving with 8 pieces. And from what I understand, there isn't currently enough computing power that exists in the world to solve from a new game with all 32 pieces. They probably won't even solve for 9 or 10 pieces in our lifetime.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...u-1318781.html

Woot!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    But the openings have crazy names and almost function as fighting stances/have their own mythos!

Chess was the first anime!

Boom!

#genius

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Fischer was definitely a genius for his time. He actually came to hate chess because of how much it relied on just memorizing all the openings, which he did for all the known openings at the time.

Chess 960, which I referenced earlier, was actually invented by Fischer to combat this. It's also called Fischer Random Chess. Basically you scramble the 8 pieces on the back rank before the game, and it creates an entirely different opening. It gets the 960 game because there are 960 possible board configurations to start the game. This madness it impossible to learn the openings for every single possible opening state.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Some argue he'd be the GOAT today

I'm a savage because I believe speed chess to be the better version of the game

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Some argue he'd be the GOAT today

I'm a savage because I believe speed chess to be the better version of the game
    Any top player today would probably smoke Fischer just because so much more theory is known now. But if Fischer were born today and had access to all the current info, he very well could be the best.

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Any top player today would probably smoke Fischer just because so much more theory is known now. But if Fischer were born today and had access to all the current info, he very well could be the best.
    Oh I agree - prime Fischer pulled from history vs the monsters today wouldn't be fair

But if all things were equal, Fischer goin':

Clap!

that!

AsS!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information