Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Schedule Release Today

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Traded for Bridgewater, named him the favorite to start, very nearly publicly flirted with Aaron Rodgers and have been rumored to be in trade talks for DeShaun Watson. That’s, you know, pretty specific in saying you don’t like your quarterback situation.
    Literally nobody has named bridgewater the favorite, your believing the same bullshit reports that’s done nothing but slam lock and say the broncos were trading for this guy that guy and it never happened! It’s all horse shit and you Lock haters just eat it up like fools. Blinded by your own hatred

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    If I bring in your potential replacement, make it an open competition while also (reportedly) giving said competition the edge, while also pursue possible viable alternative, how would it speak otherwise? Was Tampa calling up Green Bay to check on Rodgers' availability? Were they looking for Stafford? If you have the guy you're not looking. Denver was looking. They know that at least right now they don't have the guy. They might. Maybe.
    Or you look cause your not sure you have the guy but also like his chances to grow and become the guy at some point, while absolutely knowing Rodgers, Stafford and Watson are proven immediate upgrades as top 10 QB's. Any football fan knows that. Lets not also forget we backed down a bit for Stafford when they wanted lock, that doesn't scream to me a GM who isn't happy with lock, but more so a guy who likes lock at QB and his ability to grow but didn't like the QB room as a whole. Lock and Bridgewater are both big upgrades on Case Rypien, Brandon Allen and Jeff Driskell as a number 2 no matter how the QB competition shakes out.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Or you look cause your not sure you have the guy but also like his chances to grow and become the guy at some point, while absolutely knowing Rodgers, Stafford and Watson are proven immediate upgrades as top 10 QB's. Any football fan knows that. Lets not also forget we backed down a bit for Stafford when they wanted lock, that doesn't scream to me a GM who isn't happy with lock, but more so a guy who likes lock at QB and his ability to grow but didn't like the QB room as a whole. Lock and Bridgewater are both big upgrades on Case Rypien, Brandon Allen and Jeff Driskell as a number 2 no matter how the QB competition shakes out.
    If you think your guy is going to grow and be the guy, he's done stuff for your team that gives you that sentiment.

The scenarios where you replace Lock as the starter with a guy like Stafford, Rodgers, Watson, etc. and then Lock stays aren't realistic. And they're really being used more for as an excuse for Lock.

But theoretically, yes that's possible. Plausible? Not really.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    This was a false report by Benjamin Albright that he later recanted. In fact, it was reported that we offered Lock in our first proposal to the Lions.

Here is Albright clarifying that report. He said it was actually Jeudy who was the dealbreaker in that trade.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBronc...oncos_country/

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This was a false report by Benjamin Albright that he later recanted. In fact, it was reported that we offered Lock in our first proposal to the Lions.

Here is Albright clarifying that report. He said it was actually Jeudy who was the dealbreaker in that trade.

Denver traded for a QB that is competing with Lock for the starting job.

Denver tried to trade Lock for Stafford.

Denver tried to get Rodgers and likely will continue to do so.

And so on and so forth.

It is what it is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

And to be fair, I listened to some of that pod past the clipped part, and Albright did admit that the Broncos didn't necessarily *want* to trade Lock if they didn't have to (which makes sense, cheap backup for 2 years), but he wasn't a dealbreaker in any trade for a potential star QB. Because, of course he wasn't. Why would the guy you are replacing be a dealbreaker in the trade? That's just nonsensical. His assertation that Jeudy was the dealbreaker makes way more sense, because they JUST used a high first round pick on him and they probably don't want to weaken the weapons the QB has while acquiring the QB.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

And to be fair, I listened to some of that pod past the clipped part, and Albright did admit that the Broncos didn't necessarily *want* to trade Lock if they didn't have to (which makes sense, cheap backup for 2 years), but he wasn't a dealbreaker in any trade for a potential star QB. Because, of course he wasn't. Why would the guy you are replacing be a dealbreaker in the trade? That's just nonsensical. His assertation that Jeudy was the dealbreaker makes way more sense, because they JUST used a high first round pick on him and they probably don't want to weaken the weapons the QB has while acquiring the QB.
    Eh. It didn't happen, so the alleged circumstances just don't matter. Regardless of the reasons.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Eh. It didn't happen, so the alleged circumstances just don't matter. Regardless of the reasons.
    I just think in general if you're trying to trade for a player, could be any player at any position, it's because you're trying to upgrade at that position. And if that's the case, I'd think the player you're trying to replace at that position wouldn't be a dealbreaker in said trade. Especially at a position like QB where only one guy can play it at a time. To me, that's just common sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I just think in general if you're trying to trade for a player, could be any player at any position, it's because you're trying to upgrade at that position. And if that's the case, I'd think the player you're trying to replace at that position wouldn't be a dealbreaker in said trade. Especially at a position like QB where only one guy can play it at a time. To me, that's just common sense.
    Please note my signature.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    The underlying reasons why the front office looked into it still exist, though.

The nexus is present.

Or something.

I dunno, everything is kinda pointless.

Funny how you find a tweet that supports your hate, but totally ignore the others that state broncos didn’t want to include lock in the package.....

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The underlying reasons why the front office looked into it still exist, though.

The nexus is present.

Or something.

I dunno, everything is kinda pointless.
    Lock hasn't proven anything, I get it. It makes total sense they were "interested" in the players that were available.

The fact remains we still have Lock, and they made zero deals (other than Teddy, which is a non-starter IMO).

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Funny how you find a tweet that supports your hate, but totally ignore the others that state broncos didn’t want to include lock in the package.....
    I literally linked the guy who first reported Lock was the dealbreaker saying that report wasn't true. Sorry your nose is so far up Lock's ass you won't listen to reason.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

That's why I said we backed down a bit. I think the biggest deal breaker was the cost not even Jeudy or lock. But all those variables strike me as they only would let go of lock if it really benefited them, and it didn't seem to at the cost Detroit wanted. I have always believed Paton wanted to upgrade the QB room, and if that was replacing Lock with a top shelf talent so be it, but everything he has said about the Qb position has held true. He wanted to improve our Qb room and provide competition. That happened, he likes where lock is at and his work so far so Lock is still here which is probably why we passed on Fields. Time will tell if that was wise, but its pretty clear he is happy with where we stand at QB at the moment, the only change being if Rodgers hits the trade block officially.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Broncos front office doesn’t like Drew Lock. It’s plain as day. I completely forgot about Stafford. They don’t think he’s good, and he hasn’t been.

You simply don’t go after three quarterbacks and trade for a fourth if you like your quarterback. It’s not about “competition.” They don’t think he’s it.

And people can yammer away about me “hating” Drew Lock, but that simply isn’t true. I argued extensively that a competition was bad for the team — and it is — and that Lock needed, and deserved, a year of being “the guy.” He isn’t getting that, and that says everything about not what we want as fans, but what we know will happen.
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 05-18-2021 at 02:44 AM.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information