Poll: Watson or Rodgers

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Watson or Rodgers

Default Watson or Rodgers

With news that Watsons team may settle and he will be in the clear, he might now be available for trade. We know that Rodgers also might be available for trade.

Watson is younger and has many more years. He is not as good imo, but does have the running element. He will cost more.

Rodgers is older but will still play for at least 5 years most likely. He will cost less but be around less. He is the better QB imo.

If both are available for trade, lets say, June 1st. Which QB would you prefer us to go after and why?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

I think I would prefer Watson. Even though Rodgers is the better QB and could play for another 5 years. With Watson we would have him for 10 years, easy. I will take the long term play at QB, assuming the trade value is within reason.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

While i understand the sentiment you posted UR i think i would still go with Rodgers. I like Watson but if i want to win a SB now i would go with Rodgers even if its only for 5 years.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Where are you reading Watson is about to settle? These cases are now being investigated by Houston PD, which you can't just settle on. Until he's cleared by the police/DA, I'm not touching him. Rodgers all the way right now.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

If trade compensation is equal...I go with Watson. If Rodgers costs less...I go with Rodgers. And I'm not so sure about this "5 more years" thing. He's obviously still in great shape and still at the top of his game, but 5 years would put him at 42. I get that the longevity of Brees and Brady and the rules for QB's makes it more possible, but does he have the desire to go that long? Is this jeopardy thing real for him? Is something else in Hollywood? A lot of questions I'd like to know before I assume he'll play past 40.

So...gun to my head...I go with Watson, while knowing that we could likely get one of them for sure and I'd still be happy.

8. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Where are you reading Watson is about to settle? These cases are now being investigated by Houston PD, which you can't just settle on. Until he's cleared by the police/DA, I'm not touching him. Rodgers all the way right now.
    This reminds me of something from school.

In many states it is not against public policy to have a settlement agreement with a clause that stops one from disclosing events (interviews, books, etc.) or pressing charges.

It is almost impossible to charge someone for these sorts of incidents if the victims don't cooperate.

10. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I don't think Rodgers has 5 years left in him. Mentally.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

i think that's where conjecture comes into play in all this. I haven't read anything about a potential settlement and even if they did, he'd still be subject to league suspension. As most pundits have said recently...I'm not really sure Watson plays anywhere this year.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Even if you take out all the legal stuff, this is still a tough call. Watson is younger and obviously gives you a longer window. But with the team we have right now that is stacked everywhere but QB, it's hard not to go with the guy who has won a Super Bowl and is coming off an MVP season. Even if his window here is only 3 years, I'd like our chances better to win a Super Bowl in that window than with Watson. Watson has all the talent in the world and I'd love to have a player like that here, but his style of play does lend itself to more injury risk and he's never won a thing. Neither of those would make me not want him here as a player, but I think I'd lean toward maxing our current potential with Rodgers, and figure out what we do after him when that time comes.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    i think that's where conjecture comes into play in all this. I haven't read anything about a potential settlement and even if they did, he'd still be subject to league suspension. As most pundits have said recently...I'm not really sure Watson plays anywhere this year.

Rich Eisen on his podcast said that he has heard that settlements are most likely coming soon. He also said that the league, if they do decide to suspend him, it wont be for a full year.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Even if you take out all the legal stuff, this is still a tough call. Watson is younger and obviously gives you a longer window. But with the team we have right now that is stacked everywhere but QB, it's hard not to go with the guy who has won a Super Bowl and is coming off an MVP season. Even if his window here is only 3 years, I'd like our chances better to win a Super Bowl in that window than with Watson. Watson has all the talent in the world and I'd love to have a player like that here, but his style of play does lend itself to more injury risk and he's never won a thing. Neither of those would make me not want him here as a player, but I think I'd lean toward maxing our current potential with Rodgers, and figure out what we do after him when that time comes.
    You'd also be getting the motivated axe-murderer version of Rodgers. When he turns that one he's basically the best pure passer in league history: note this is totally subjective but it sure feels like he turns into a mobile Marino at times.

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Rich Eisen on his podcast said that he has heard that settlements are most likely coming soon. He also said that the league, if they do decide to suspend him, it wont be for a full year.
    In any case, I'm 100% not touching him until we see what results from the ongoing police investigation and if the DA files charges. If no charges are filed and everything is settled, then sure, fire up the talks again. But just knowing that he's a creep at best and a rapist at worst, I'd still be a bit weary of mortgaging the future and putting the franchise in his hands. For all we know, he'll do something else and we'd be right back in this predicament next summer. I love his talent, I really do, but I'd probably want a bit of a discount on his trade price and a shit ton of conditions in his contract. When you factor all that in, Rodgers is kinda the no brainer choice for me. And even completely removing the legal stuff, I still think I'd lean Rodgers.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

In any case, I'm 100% not touching him until we see what results from the ongoing police investigation and if the DA files charges. If no charges are filed and everything is settled, then sure, fire up the talks again. But just knowing that he's a creep at best and a rapist at worst, I'd still be a bit weary of mortgaging the future and putting the franchise in his hands. For all we know, he'll do something else and we'd be right back in this predicament next summer. I love his talent, I really do, but I'd probably want a bit of a discount on his trade price and a shit ton of conditions in his contract. When you factor all that in, Rodgers is kinda the no brainer choice for me. And even completely removing the legal stuff, I still think I'd lean Rodgers.
    Jaded's going to be mad but: send his ass to therapy.

23. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

At the end of the day...best case scenario...both are available. If that happens, I am 100% confident we could land one of them and have at least 3 years of fun. Plus...it seems we are only able to win championships when a 37 year old is our QB, so I guess that might sway me a little bit.

25. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

My pipe dream is still that Russell Wilson forces his way out of Seattle and ends up here. He's kinda the best of both worlds. Still young enough to have a decade or so of good play, Super Bowl winning pedigree, no concern for off-field issues. I'd take him over Rodgers or Watson if that became an option.

27. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information