Poll: Watson or Rodgers

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Watson or Rodgers

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Talking heads have always said that once the lawyers get quiet, something is about to go down. They haven't been in the media in weeks. Feeling is settlements are on the horizon.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Gimme Rodgers. We have cap space now and can afford him. Paying Watson for a decade hurts the chances of sustaining a team around him.

But it's also a problem I wouldn't be upset about having.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    The only thing that worries me about Rodgers is giving up a ton of stuff to get him then having him play a season or two, reaching the playoffs, but not quite getting to the SB and having conflicts between him and Shurmur or whatever and then him just retiring after a year or two after all we gave up to get him. I mean last season, even with Drew Lock not playing as well as hoped, was awful with injuries. If we get Rodgers, wouldn’t it suck to have the same bad luck with injuries again this year and barely squeak into the playoffs to get bounced by a healthy squad? Then Rodgers says, “screw this, thanks for the twilight season” and rolls out after giving up 3 1sts and a top player?

At least with Watson, you know that you will have him (at least in availability) for a decade or more. I know I wouldn’t want to have to make the decision on this. My heart says Rodgers is the better pick, my gut says Watson.
    This isn't unfair. But, injury filled seasons can happen any time. Rodgers also has a track record of being a consistently dominant QB. He's done with with flawed rosters (read GB refusing to ever give a damn about the offense) bad coaching (loser HC is now in Dallas), bad lines (when he replaced Favre the line wasn't great and it also had injuries) and Denver has some depth. There's depth at WR. There's depth at guard. There's some depth, some, at TE. The secondary has depth. The team isn't desperate at DLine/LB, either. And if one group gets injured more than others the rest of the team can pick up the slack. You know that Rodgers will.

It's conjecture, but GB seems to have killed his love for the game. He clearly wants to keep playing, though. So what happens when that love for the game is sparked, the OC knows his role and lets Rodgers do Rodger things, etc.?

Watson is great. But he'll never has the type of season that Rodgers just had.

If Denver got Rodgers the question wouldn't be if they could win a SB in two years. The question would be that when they do, is it an all-time team? Because Rodgers on Denver is way better than anything KC or Tampa can offer. Denver has more weapons on offense and a better defense. Tampa has a declining QB who won a SB based on KC's injuries...

It would be within the realm of possibility that Denver goes undefeated and wins a SB. That's on the table.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    My pipe dream is still that Russell Wilson forces his way out of Seattle and ends up here. He's kinda the best of both worlds. Still young enough to have a decade or so of good play, Super Bowl winning pedigree, no concern for off-field issues. I'd take him over Rodgers or Watson if that became an option.
    This is it. But I’ll take Rodgers until we know the result of Watson’s legal issues.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

At least with Watson, you know that you will have him (at least in availability) for a decade or more.
    unless he rapes someone, and gets thrown in jail. . .

also, any player can suffer a bad injury at any time-- or leave over a contract dispute, etc. . . the odds of having watson much longer are certainly much higher, but absolutely nothing in life is guaranteed. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Watson is a POS regardless of whether or not he gets an opportunity to play in the NFL again, so I'd choose Rodgers.

No way he plays 5 more years though. 3 max, closer to 2 IMO.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Inspired by you sir!
    Just remember, you are one of the good reasons to join up here!

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived CanDB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Just remember, you are one of the good reasons to join up here!
    how's the old site man? glad to see you over here!
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

12. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    how's the old site man? glad to see you over here!
    Same ole same ole.....I'll be positive and say it's mostly good.

Good to hear from pal!!

14. The Following User High Fived CanDB For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    With news that Watsons team may settle and he will be in the clear, he might now be available for trade. We know that Rodgers also might be available for trade.

Watson is younger and has many more years. He is not as good imo, but does have the running element. He will cost more.

Rodgers is older but will still play for at least 5 years most likely. He will cost less but be around less. He is the better QB imo.

If both are available for trade, lets say, June 1st. Which QB would you prefer us to go after and why?
    I’m honestly done talking about other teams quarterbacks, this talk has been going on and on for months and literally nothing has happened other than bringing in bridgewater to be locks back up. Lock is our quarterback and it is what it is!

In Fantasy land it would be nice to have Rodgers but I’m way past Watson and his bullshit. Now he wants to settle after saying he wouldn’t because he’s oh so innocent and now that evidence has came out and so many women came out he’s considering settling? Watson is a good player but he preys on women in there work field which is flawed.

16. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Watson is a POS regardless of whether or not he gets an opportunity to play in the NFL again, so I'd choose Rodgers.

No way he plays 5 more years though. 3 max, closer to 2 IMO.
    Agreed Watson has the type of character flaw o just can’t get past..... like seriously the amount of women he went after was the alarming part for me. You shoot your shot once or twice at a couple women at there jobs on some weird shit then okay.... not good but whatever but when your hounding damn near every women you encounter to suck and massage your meat on there jobs something is wrong with you man!

There are circles where his request are okay but he gave no ****s and went after everyone!

There
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I couldn’t care less if my QB has tried to get a happy ending from every masseuse in Texas.

I don’t care if he’s a creep.

I don’t care if he tried to get his GM fired.

I don’t care if he needs therapy.

I don’t care if he shoots himself in the ass.

I don’t care if he’s on the sideline making faces that I don’t like.

I don’t care if he has “it“.

I don’t care about his stats.

I don’t care about his PFF grade.

I don’t care if he finds the camera before he genuflects.

I don’t care if he flips off the fans in the crowd.

I don’t care if he’s 37.

I don’t care if he’s arrogant.

I don’t care if he’s cocky.

I don’t care if he makes fans proud.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I couldn’t care less if my QB has tried to get a happy ending from every masseuse in Texas.

I don’t care if he’s 37.

Sweet

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post

I don’t care if he’s 37.

No one cares that you don't care!

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information