Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 QBs

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Because IMO its absolutely foolish to not. I do not think George is a fool. But people will start talking themselves into this crap and its what we have had the last few years and this draft doesnt have a QB that is worth moving up for let alone taking in the first round imo. So we need to solve our biggest need and we need to go take care of it. Not try a bandaid with cousins
    Oh, i think Denver will make a play for them but much like last time i doubt they convince those guys to come to Denver.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The more and more i think about it the more and more i dont see Denver landing any of the top 3 and this is why,

1. Aaron Rodgers has it pretty easy in GB, the rest of the divisional QB's are Cousins, Goff, and Fields. Why on earth would he leave that to come to a division with more competition?

2. Russell could be the closest in terms of bolting Seattle despite stating he is not leaving. But his wife is a music star and rumor has it they may be looking for the east coast so maybe the Giants are a bigger draw in terms of locale than Denver is.

3. Watson, depending if his personal troubles are dealt with is going to cost a fortune to get (for any team) because Houston needs a lot of help and they will be looking to fleece the shit out of teams to move Watson if it comes down to it.

Which leaves good ol' Kirk, even if Denver convinces him to come to Denver it wont be for a QB competition like last time because Kirk wont have any of it and Drew doesnt want it either.

So either Denver is going to ride with Kirk and draft a QB later in the draft (doubt they go round one if Kirk is here) or they end up riding with Lock and look for a new QB in 2023.

Its so so so rare that a Top 5 QB can be available. In this case there is strong potential for 3 of them.

We must do whatever we have to to get one. Once we have one we can find any stupid HC or OC...We can fill in with players with Free Agency and Draft. This offseason is a bust if we do not get one of the big 3. (However......If we move back in rd 1 and 2- and acquire additional 1s and 2s next year- then I am more than fine rolling with lock for 1 more year.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think it's going to be really hard for a GM to bring in Watson and his baggage without the explicit stamp of approval of an owner, and unfortunately we do not have an owner. I don't think Watson is an option for Paton until that is resolved.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The more and more i think about it the more and more i dont see Denver landing any of the top 3 and this is why,

1. Aaron Rodgers has it pretty easy in GB, the rest of the divisional QB's are Cousins, Goff, and Fields. Why on earth would he leave that to come to a division with more competition?

For argument's sake only...

Aside from NFC West...Top to bottom, NFC North has the best crop of QBs in the league.

1-Legend in Green Bay
    2-Capable QB with Super Bowl appearance in Detroit
    3-Stat machine in Minnesota
    4-Uber talented rookie many thought was #2 overall prospect

To answer your question though...winners don't care. When they step in the room, everyone is now competing with THEM. Not the other way around

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post

Aside from NFC West...Top to bottom, NFC North has the best crop of QBs in the league.

1-Legend in Green Bay

To answer your question though...winners don't care. When they step in the room, everyone is now competing with THEM. Not the other way around
    Disagree completely. AFC West is much better overall

1. Legend in KC
    2. Stat collector leaps and bounds better than Cousins in LA
    3. More than capable veteran who is much better than Goff in LV
    4. At this point Drew is better than Fields who was absolutely terrible as a rookie.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

1-Legend in Green Bay

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post

1. Legend in KC
    4. At this point Drew is better than Fields who was absolutely terrible as a rookie.
    Yea, cant say i agree with Smilin at all there. The AFCW to me has a far more competitive stable of QB's in it than the NFCN.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post

1. Legend in KC
    Lock has been a joke. Fields at least is still a rook.

Goff has gotten his team past round 1 of the playoffs. May not have been the final answer in LA, but he has won some games in the league. I like Carr but won't necessarily see him as definite upgrade.

Until he gets into the playoffs and carries the team on his back, sorry, doesn't that basically make Herbert the same as Cousins? Stat sheet stuffer in pass happy offense who historically hasn't won the games that matter?

Again...for argument's sake.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Lock has been a joke. Fields at least is still a rook.

Goff has gotten his team past round 1 of the playoffs. May not have been the final answer in LA, but he has won some games in the league. I like Carr but won't necessarily see him as definite upgrade.

Until he gets into the playoffs and carries the team on his back, sorry, doesn't that basically make Herbert the same as Cousins? Stat sheet stuffer in pass happy offense who historically hasn't won the games that matter?

Again...for argument's sake.
    It's a terrible argument!

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    It's a terrible argument!
    Elaborate

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Elaborate
    Rodgers is the only good QB in that division. Goff? Lmfao.

Mahomes, Herbert, and Carr are better than every QB in that division except Rodgers.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

1-Legend in Green Bay

Goff? Capable QB????

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Goff? Capable QB????

Phenomenal argument.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Phenomenal argument.
    A better use of time than posting random words next to the names of 3 trash QBs to make them seem good!

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Rodgers is the only good QB in that division. Goff? Lmfao.

Mahomes, Herbert, and Carr are better than every QB in that division except Rodgers.
    Carr has gotten better but people were calling him a bust not too long ago. Look at the #s...so far...Herbert is a high volume, high stat guy. I'll acknowledge when he proves to be more than that, but for now he is still that dude whose teams don't achieve to his level of talent. College and pro.

Everyone here was slobbing the knob of Fields and many wanted him to replace Lock. How he sucks? Can't have it both ways.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information