Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 QBs

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Just disappointed
    There's no shame in your dress game, cheer up!

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    We do!
    He was just asked yesterday aside from qb what are the biggest needs.

He responded with: Pass Rush. NT. T. (And obviously qb)

So, knowing that. Trade back and get a future 1 and still an edge? Take a qb? Take thibby at 9?

Yeah we definitely need a difference maker at NT on the field. The big guy Purcell I believe is his name sucked so bad when he was actually on the field via injuries and Covid opt out the prior year I believe and this is after he got paid a decent contract! That guy can kick rocks and beat it.

He should be released it’s time to move on and bring in somebody whose a difference maker at that position because seriously I’ve literally watched the guy get pan caked and thrown around like a rag doll

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Best and Worst Landing Spots for 2022 NFL Draft's Top Quarterback Prospects

Desmond Ridder, Cincinnati

Best Fit: Denver Broncos

As the predraft cycle kicks into gear, Cincinnati's Desmond Ridder is QB1 in Bleacher Report's position rankings. His current standing is important when looking at the barren quarterback landscape.

Even as QB1, Ridder isn't billed as a top-15 talent. But the possibility of an organization taking a chance on him much earlier shouldn't be ruled out.

The Broncos are a prime example of a QB-needy franchise and are owners of this year's ninth overall pick. From a financial and status perspective, the possibility of being slotted that high makes it an ideal landing spot. But a proper fit extends beyond simply going as high in the draft as possible.

Currently, the Broncos don't have a head coach. However, the team's personnel should be looked at as favorable. Denver had multiple weapons in the passing game and a strong running attack, with Javonte Williams expected to be a focal point in the coming years.

Ridder may be one of the more advanced prospects at his position, but landing in a situation where he won't be forced to shoulder the load out of the gate could prove massively beneficial.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...back-prospects

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Top-3 Most-Mocked Prospects to Broncos at Pick 9 in 2022 NFL Draft

While the 2022 quarterback class is widely viewed as one of the most underwhelming at the top of the draft in many years, the Broncos still may feel obligated to take a swing on one with pick No. 9. Sure, Denver could really use a right tackle or an edge rusher but neither would move the needle in the same way that hitting on a quarterback would.

In this class, though, good luck picking which (if any) quarterback is the one worth betting a top draft pick on this cycle. Alas, as the media sees it, the Broncos are ripe to take a swing on a quarterback early in the draft this cycle.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...er-nakobe-dean

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I like Ridder, but I think he could be had in the late 1st...maybe 2nd. Dean is probably better suited as a WILL in a 4-3 scheme. Put Devin Lloyd in his spot and I'm on board

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I like Ridder, but I think he could be had in the late 1st...maybe 2nd. Dean is probably better suited as a WILL in a 4-3 scheme. Put Devin Lloyd in his spot and I'm on board
    Ridder is a projected 2nd rounder.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Ridder is a projected 2nd rounder.
    There have been many QB's in good QB drafts that have gone in the 1st that shouldn't have. I would not be shocked at all if Ridder went in the 1st. but I agree...2nd round is where he should be, but has potential better than that

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    There have been many QB's in good QB drafts that have gone in the 1st that shouldn't have. I would not be shocked at all if Ridder went in the 1st. but I agree...2nd round is where he should be, but has potential better than that
    Ridder has been my preferred choice. Problem is that nobody has any real clue with this crop how these guys are ranked by the people that matter. Most years we have a pretty good idea. This one is a crap shoot. If Denver wants a certain guy, they need to just get him.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Ridder has been my preferred choice. Problem is that nobody has any real clue with this crop how these guys are ranked by the people that matter. Most years we have a pretty good idea. This one is a crap shoot. If Denver wants a certain guy, they need to just get him.

This is why I want to move all the chips in for Wilson, Watson or Rodgers. If we are unable then I want to trade back several times and I would target Ridder or Strong. Those are the only 2 I really want (assuming pickett is gone to Carolina or before us). I really like Strong. Ridders Tape looked really good to me. A faster more mobile Drew Lock. Maybe not as good of a passer yet though. But whatever. Next year is a throw away year too unless we get one of the big 3 Qbs. So roll with those guys and then go all out for The Guy in 23
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

15. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I would be happy with either Corral or Ridder.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I would be happy with either Corral or Ridder.
    Me too. I'm okay with taking a few of the QBs in this draft in all honesty. It's not a great QB class sure, but I also see good things from all of the top guys.
    Let me explain one thing, when I say "a poor man's so-n-so" I just mean they have traits that are reminiscent of that player not that I think they'll be just like them or anywhere near as good, just that if they top out their potential they will be a player similar to that guy. also even though I compare Pickett to Tannehill and Ridder to Mahomes I still have Pickett ranked higher because I believe his floor is higher and he has a better potential of being a long term starter vs becoming a backup journeyman type, I hope that makes sense.

Pickett- clear #1 guy to me. Reminds me of a more accurate young Tannehill. A lot of Derrick Carr comps, I would take Carr in a heartbeat.

Corral- honestly seems like a poor man's Russell Wilson. That would be my comp.

Sam Howel- Baker with a better attitude and a much better deep ball.

Ridder- A poor man's Mahomes. Very athletic, great runner. Strong enough arm. There are some accuracy concerns.

Malik Willis- obvious comp is Lamar Jackson. I think Willis is slower than Jackson but has a stronger arm. Serious project though and absolutely needs the right system and we're not interviewing Greg Roman so he's off my list for the Broncos in all honesty.

Carson Strong- might be my favorite of the bunch. Other than Malik's running ability I think Strong's arm is the most special talent any of these guys possess. He has a top ten arm, in terms of strength including the NFL guys right now. Knee concerns and least mobile of the bunch. High football IQ as well. Comp would be Matt Ryan with a stronger arm.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I should add. That list is basically in order of how I see them rated by most draftniks. If I were rating them for the Broncos I would go like this

1. Pickett- I just see him being a long time starting QB and the most "sure thing" of the bunch to have a long career and never being a terrible starter.

2. Strong- to me could end up being the only special QB of the bunch. His arm is elite and he's got a high football IQ. Only ranked below Pickett because I think he has more potential to come in and never realize that potential and his knee is a little bit of a concern.

3a- Corral

3b- Ridder

4- Howell

5- Willis
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Strong has zero mobility and legitimate injury concern. That combo scares me. Love his in pocket ability though.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

pickett is the only one i want in the 1st. . . not counting a trade up to #31-32-- i'd be okay with ridder or strong there. . . but if you're taking one of those guys, you'd better be ready to pull an arizona and pivot away quick if you're in place to take a true blue chip guy in '23. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

25. The Following 7 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information