Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 QBs

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    What did you see?

I see a pretty marginal college QB
    he had some pre-season hype, but your take is correct, as well as MO's. It hasn't been pretty and he needs to go back to school.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    What did you see?

I see a pretty marginal college QB
    Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    he had some pre-season hype, but your take is correct, as well as MO's. It hasn't been pretty and he needs to go back to school.
    I see a guy who needs a scheme, one read and run type. His stats look OK, but he looks like a mid-round project to me. Year three and his best year was his freshman year. Reminds me of Adrian Martinez at Nebraska. I think Arizona State is really limiting and maximizing his throws with play calls.

Big arm, but no accuracy. Saw him throw a “fade” against UNLV that wasn’t even a good high school throw.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don’t particularly like any quarterback who’s eligible for the draft at the moment. Matt Corral (Ole Miss), maybe? I really wish Phil Jurkovec wasn’t injured at BC. Kenny Pickett (Pitt) and Desmond Ritter (Cincinnati) probably look the best on the field, but I don’t know how their game and competition really stacks up. Howell has looked like shit at North Carolina, Caleb Williams (Oklahoma) and Blake Young (Alabama) look like the real prospects, but neither are eligible to go to the draft. Taulia Tagovailoa (Maryland) looked really good early, but his drop off makes me wonder just how good Dontay Demus is, who went down with an injury in week two or three and that Terrapin offense has gone to shit. I just don’t see much out there this year.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Brock Purdy was another name thrown around preseason, but Iowa State has not lived up to expectations, and he hasn’t been great.

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Brock Purdy was another name thrown around preseason, but Iowa State has not lived up to expectations, and he hasn’t been great.
    He is probably the best of the the class with Rattler after those first 5 guys, but for obvious reasons like you said it hasn't been great and really that's with either of them.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Oh, the Josh Allen of the draft: Carson Strong at Nevada. He’s the mediocre stats guy that scouts are gonna fall all over because of the big arm. His completion percentage is better than Allen, but I watched one late nighter with him and he didn’t pop.

He’s probably the guy who ends up at the top of the draft at the end of the day, though.

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

He is probably the best of the the class with Rattler after those first 5 guys, but for obvious reasons like you said it hasn't been great and really that's with either of them.
    Rattler has been benched and his character is under serious scrutiny. If he comes out, hell no. I’m just not sure Purdy has the arm. He’ll have to prove that at the combine. He doesn’t feel like a guy that can skip throwing sessions for scouts.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I don’t particularly like any quarterback who’s eligible for the draft at the moment. Matt Corral (Ole Miss), maybe? I really wish Phil Jurkovec wasn’t injured at BC. Kenny Pickett (Pitt) and Desmond Ritter (Cincinnati) probably look the best on the field, but I don’t know how their game and competition really stacks up. Howell has looked like shit at North Carolina, Caleb Williams (Oklahoma) and Blake Young (Alabama) look like the real prospects, but neither are eligible to go to the draft. Taulia Tagovailoa (Maryland) looked really good early, but his drop off makes me wonder just how good Dontay Demus is, who went down with an injury in week two or three and that Terrapin offense has gone to shit. I just don’t see much out there this year.
    Pretty fair. Most team sources talking to draftniks allude to this class not having a prospect better then Fields or Lance. Corral and Willis being top 2 this year. Willis though I like him, I really do believe he will need a good 2 years of development with a good innovative staff and some playmakers on offense to make it payoff drafting him. We do have half that ATM, just not the staff. I think unless we tank though both those guys are gone in the top 10 picks though. Leaving Pickett and Ridder as next best options.....both of who would be very big reaches ATM in the top 15 picks. Although some reputable boards do have Pickett in the top 34 prospects now so perhaps we take a elite edge rusher or OL early in rd 1 then trade back up into late first for a guy like Pickett. I guess I could get behind that plan if he keeps balling......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Pretty fair. Most team sources talking to draftniks allude to this class not having a prospect better then Fields or Lance. Corral and Willis being top 2 this year. Willis though I like him, I really do believe he will need a good 2 years of development with a good innovative staff and some playmakers on offense to make it payoff drafting him. We do have half that ATM, just not the staff. I think unless we tank though both those guys are gone in the top 10 picks though. Leaving Pickett and Ridder as next best options.....both of who would be very big reaches ATM in the top 15 picks. Although some reputable boards do have Pickett in the top 34 prospects now so perhaps we take a elite edge rusher or OL early in rd 1 then trade back up into late first for a guy like Pickett. I guess I could get behind that plan if he keeps balling......
    Oh the Liberty kid. I forgot about him. Haven’t watched him at all. Hopefully he stays away from the hookers in Tampa.

The roster is in a good spot in terms of taking whatever player they like best, regardless of position. The problem there lies in that Denver needs a quarterback, it really is the only on position missing. Facing Mahomes and Herbert for the next decade dictates it won’t matter how talented the roster is if the quarterback play is mediocre or sub-par. I got duped by the early games on Bridgewater, and Lock flat sucks. They have to upgrade, and that’s almost the singular problem on the roster. It makes it real tough with what’s really starting to look like a bad quarterback draft.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Oh the Liberty kid. I forgot about him. Haven’t watched him at all. Hopefully he stays away from the hookers in Tampa.

The roster is in a good spot in terms of taking whatever player they like best, regardless of position. The problem there lies in that Denver needs a quarterback, it really is the only on position missing. Facing Mahomes and Herbert for the next decade dictates it won’t matter how talented the roster is if the quarterback play is mediocre or sub-par. I got duped by the early games on Bridgewater, and Lock flat sucks. They have to upgrade, and that’s almost the singular problem on the roster. It makes it real tough with what’s really starting to look like a bad quarterback draft.
    QB is definitely the biggest need but it’s certainly not the only need. Particularly with all the FA’s the team has who won’t all be retained. Could definitely use guys at OL, DL, and LB in particular.

18. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Dude reminds me a bit of Tony Romo.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

“I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Is this still projected to be a bad QB class?
    Yes

23. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...to-zach-wilson

This is why there’s so few legitimate NFL QB’s, I can’t stand Wilson but this illustrates the problem perfectly.

People ******* love a scrub QB’s.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 11-01-2021 at 02:57 PM.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information