Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Howdy. I'm King87

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Wait...are you all a bunch of filthy pepsi drinkers?

2. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Wait...are you all a bunch of filthy pepsi drinkers?
    I rarely drink soda anymore but if forced to choose....yes....Pepsi over Coke all day.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Even IF UR is right and you can just create a podcast about nothing and "monetize" it, he's basically advocating to just scam whomever gives you this money out of their money. Because it's obviously going to be a bad investment on this third party's end if your only reason for starting said podcast is to suck money out of this mysterious 3rd party. Seems like a shady way at best to make a quick buck, but if you can do it and sleep well at night, more power to you I guess!

Whoa- again you are making a lot of assumptions for something that you are not educated in. You should not do that.

In fact this entire post is ignorant. I find it odd that you would tell someone in a field that you clearly have no education in what is happening, how it happens and why.

As for your other point I am not trying to sell him on anything. I would give him free advice if he wants, but I am not going to chase someone down for something if they do not want it. I am not going to make anything from it. Just helping a friend. You have severely misinterpreted that too.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

6. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Great marketing can only sustain a shit product for so long.
    This is true. This is also not what I said.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

8. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I rarely drink soda anymore but if forced to choose....yes....Pepsi over Coke all day.
    I don't know that I've ever met one of you in the wild. I probably haven't drank a pepsi in 20+ years. But I've had a coke fairly recently.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

This.

But Coke is for mixing Rum. I drink more Rum than I do just a regular soft drink.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

12. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Whoa- again you are making a lot of assumptions for something that you are not educated in. You should not do that.

In fact this entire post is ignorant. I find it odd that you would tell someone in a field that you clearly have no education in what is happening, how it happens and why.

As for your other point I am not trying to sell him on anything. I would give him free advice if he wants, but I am not going to chase someone down for something if they do not want it. I am not going to make anything from it. Just helping a friend. You have severely misinterpreted that too.
    So if your claim is that you can make a nonsense podcast about nothing that will 100% fail, but still monetize it, that money is coming from somewhere. If the podcast is being started for no other reason than monetization, how is that not scamming the entity giving you said money. I might not be an expert on podcasts, but I know a scam when I see one, and that's precisely what you described. Maybe it's some soulless corporate mega-entity being scammed and that lets you sleep well at night, but you're still describing a scam!

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don't know that I've ever met one of you in the wild. I probably haven't drank a pepsi in 20+ years. But I've had a coke fairly recently.
    Yes I know, you don't associate with us lowly commoners in your elite real world bubble!

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I don't feel qualified to argue with UR. What I can tell you that is that my experiences are anecdotal. But, the podcast I did was in a genre where a lot of people did try, and almost all failed. No one really wants to listen to a podcast about domestic violence. It's not like listening to an unsolved mystery, or someone dropping historical knowledge, or a gambling expert.

I'm a good public speaker and good conversationalist. I couldn't convince people to listen to that shit consistently. Does that mean my failures aren't my own? Nope. But I can tell you this: there are podcasts that ran for years that had some following and they mostly closed down because they had to be self-funded. Sponsors weren't/aren't dying to have their name attached to domestic violence stuff either. Mostly.

I'm not saying UR is wrong. I'm saying I think we wanted different things and have/had different goals.
    This is a fine post. I want nothing. If you want to monetize you can ask me. Its easy to do. If you do not wish to, have a different goal, stay on current endeavors that is wonderful.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

18. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

How does the Wave feel about Dr. Pepper?

20. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

So I like Dr. Pepper and I'll drink it if it's around, but I'll pretty much never pick it if Root Beer or Pepsi are an option. I have to really be in the mood for Dr. Pepper to pick it.

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Yes I know, you don't associate with us lowly commoners in your elite real world bubble!
    I'm not above soda - just so rarely have met anyone who prefers pepsi to coke! I'm a reformed Mtn Dew drinker, so I can't really judge here.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

DP is #1. The only soda I keep in stock.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

What I really like are the funky flavored ones. Cherry Vanillia Coke is the real shit, there's a new Mango Pepsi I want to try. That's what I really want to go for on the occasion I have a soda.

28. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

DP is #1.
    Kinky!

30. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information